The Upload! It’s live!

Lots of new goodies today on The Upload! Don’t be alarmed by the down jacket and vest. This is typical. Retailers start putting out their fall jackets in mid-summer, and Lululemon has always done this the weekend of Seawheeze. The Packet Down Jacket is so pretty!

Have you read all my posts this week? A lot of NSALE content but also I did post a Lululemon fit review here of the On The Fly Skirt. NSALE Fitting Room Try-Ons Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5.

*Under Construction – Upload seems to be stalled*

On Pace Crop
Wunder Under Pant Hi-Rise 7/8 Tight
Sculpt Tank II

Shop The Lululemon Sandals

1. Anon
    July 17, 2018 / 3:26 pm

Well it’s 32 degrees in Edmonton today and LLL just dropped a down jacket! I need to see these colours in person and also want to see if the fabric is shiny. When I first saw the jacket I thought they made a mistake and it would be taken down but nope it’s still there. Hello LLL it’s summer.

• Runrunyogi
      July 17, 2018 / 3:46 pm

Lol! And a down vest! I’m starting to really wonder who is running the show at Lulu…… maybe the manatees from South Park….

• Anne
      July 17, 2018 / 7:41 pm

When I read that it was 32 degrees I thought you were having a serious cold snap! And then I realized you weren’t using Fahrenheit to measure your temp. Had to look up what 32 degrees means in Celsius. Heat wave!!! ☀️ And yes, I was surprised to see a down jacket in the summer too. 🙂

• Cristina
        Author
        July 17, 2018 / 10:06 pm

lol, my first reaction to summer Fahrenheit numbers is ‘omg those numbers are so high! They must be on fire!’. It was 32 in Vancouver today. I’m enjoying the vitamin D as much as possible.

• Anon
          July 18, 2018 / 5:43 am

I just thought it was a few weeks early to see a down jacket. Yesterday was a scorcher and the thought of trying on a down jacket was , ‘no thanks’. I was glad to see the jacket wasn’t cropped but it doesn’t look as long as I would like. I don’t think this jacket has thumbholes or cuffins which is a must have for me. I bought the down for it jacket last winter in inkwell and although I got lots of wear out of it I think it still lacks the LLL quality of years past. Don’t get me wrong, I love the style and hope to see something similar this year, maybe in that new plum colour they introduced in a scrunchie a few weeks ago. I believe you bought the same jacket Cristina, are you happy with it?

• Anon
            July 18, 2018 / 5:45 am

P.S. I forgot to mention that I like how you are showing the additional colours of product under the main picture.

• Cristina
              Author
              July 18, 2018 / 7:16 am

Thanks!! I just learned that trick and I like it to. I’m going to use that feature from now on when I can.

• Cristina
            Author
            July 18, 2018 / 7:19 am

Oh I know, it is a bit early. Imagine trying wool coats on all day Sunday! 😂
            I have the Down For It and it’s great! I agree it’s a simplified version from what they’ve had in years past, but it’s nice and fits well.

• Anon
              July 18, 2018 / 11:03 am

You are a real trooper, hope the store was nicely air-conditioned!

2. Runrunyogi
    July 17, 2018 / 3:47 pm

I ordered the new camo Aligns. I ended up returning the other camo Aligns because they were so much darker in person. Fingers crossed the different colors are discernible in this version.

July 17, 2018 / 4:07 pm

Thinking about the new sun setting shorts. Camo aligns are nice but suspect they will gather too much lint. Skirt is so unflattering looking and oddly enough I’m swayed by the down jacket for winter.

4. Breanna
    July 17, 2018 / 4:15 pm

I really like the vest, but seems really pricey… and tough to convince myself to buy as I’m hiding from the heat in my basement. Love the slate blue aligns though. Will purchase those when they come out in 7/8 or crop length.

5. Kat
    July 17, 2018 / 4:19 pm

They just got in down vests at my Costco, so maybe some stores are starting colder weather clothing?Still, it hit 97 today and I’m sweating just thinking of trying on a winter jacket!

6. July 17, 2018 / 5:02 pm

last year lulu down jacket came out in Sept “down for it”; had 2 outside zipper pockets (one inside this year);
    few inches longer in the front and back that covered the butt (remain to see if this year version pass the “raise
    your arms in the air” do you see my belly button kinda deal?!#@) ; and the hood was clipped outside the neck area (versus inside this year, eh?).
    where is the two way zipper on winter jackets. and downless winter jacket as prior years gear reviews constantly indicated down sticking out.

skirt wise, I sized up twice to have it at my hips and knee length aka office wear + blazer. the pockets were sticking out in my TTS and +1. not wanting to put my hands in my pockets at all time but yay for practical. nice fabric.

nice to see a lulu model with very very pale skin but help a girl, maybe a more flattering color? Beside, smiling for lulu marketing is on the down side for quite some years now. zara much.

hope your NSALE is going great lulumum 🙂
    by the way are you running seawheeze ?

• Cristina
      Author
      July 17, 2018 / 10:08 pm

Thanks Dre L! No I’m not running it this year and I’m not planning to go to the expo. Are you? Let us know how training is going if you are running it.

7. Amy C.
    July 17, 2018 / 5:09 pm

I wondered when the fall items would start showing up–I figured it would be soon. I was hoping for the striped Tuck and Flo shirt that Australia got a while ago, cause that would look so nice with the new, straight skirt. Maybe a big sale is not that far behind…
    Those camo aligns…I have noooooooo neeeeed (what I keep telling myself), but I love them.

• Rise and Shine
      July 18, 2018 / 2:14 am

I think I spotted the Tuck and Flow in the black down jacket pics. I’m also hoping we get it.

I really like the look of the down jacket, but the colors aren’t appealing. I wish the website would actually show the true colors, because they might be better than the bleached out images online.

• Rise and Shine
        July 23, 2018 / 2:57 pm

Decided to give the Sage a try.

8. Gymmie
    July 18, 2018 / 3:14 am

Well nothing for me again. This is good. My store is doing a wmtm sale this weekend and they said lots of the summer colours are going. They expect fall items starting first weeks of august. Lots of retailers start back to school at beginning of july hence the clearance starting mid june to make room. I too have been loving the 32 celcius weather here. I have been getting lots of wear of speed shorts…especially training 4 times a week for seawheeze. I still have 10 pair with tags… Not sure i will cycle them in before summer ends. I wont be standing in line for showcase store…not for 1 or 2 nights but i do want to go in….as this is my first time but i cant see wasting my days waiting in line. I do hope they issue randomly numbered wristbands or entrance tickets via email to participants to eliminate lineups and greed. I have to keep telling myself it is just a material item ie rainbow reflectives….and i dont think most use their gear for night running. I personally only wear reflective at night as otherwise there are much cuter prints to wear in daylight than flat dark gray spots on my clothes…that reflect at night. Lol. To each their own
    And i recently stumbled on onzie tights….wow cute prints…perhaps not as great fabric stretch as lulu but very close and some of the mark down prices i found them for was great around $35 some less some a bit more. I did buy 1 pair full price less 20% discount because the print and fit was just that nice.

9. Anon
    July 18, 2018 / 11:35 am

Went to a store this morning and saw nothing of interest. The new down jacket wasn’t there. I don’t imagine they want a down jacket taking up space right now?!? I usually frequent two stores where I live and there is always so much inventory not moving. I know their sales are up but they must have so much inventory.

I recently watched a very interesting Marketplace episode on “fast fashion”. Supposedly textile is right up there as the world’s worst pollutant due to fast fashion. So many retailers bringing in new product at a much faster rate than in years past when you only saw new product with a new season. Now new product is coming into stores every week or two/three times a week. The real culprit is the cheaply made clothing that is spit out at an alarming rate. At least LLL is good for resale or if donated the product moves. So much cheaply made product ends up being thrown out or donated but that doesn’t guarantee it gets a new life with a new owner. Infact much of Canada’s fast fashion that has been donated doesn’t end up with a new owner but ends up being sold through a middle man to South Africa where it doesn’t find new life but rather ends up being burned or thrown in their land fills because it’s just too cheaply made for resale there. It’s becoming so bad that South Africa is saying they don’t want our used clothing anymore. The program showed in Toronto warehouses filling up weekly with used clothing that can’t be re-sold or given away and it was shocking to see and is truly a huge environmental problem. Sorry to be talking about this on a fashion blogger site but I thought it was something that people need to be aware of.

• danika
      July 20, 2018 / 10:36 am

wow, thank you for your post. I always wondered where all unsold clothing goes. I mean there is so much of it! do manufactures recycle it, is it even possible to recycle it? such a waste!

• Anon
        July 24, 2018 / 5:27 am

As little as 1% gets recycled mainly due to thread breaks down during process and becomes weaker and thereby unusable. Also it is costly and difficult to separate all the different types of materials and supposedly technology just isin’t there right now to recycle clothing in a timely and cost effective manner. H&M stores have set up drop off boxes for customers to bring in used clothing for recycling but the program I watched says as little as 1% gets recycled, for the reasons I mentioned above. The store gives customers dropping off cloths an in store coupon as incentive. People think they are doing something good but in reality their clothing ends up being sold to a middle man who then sells it to a third world country where as I mentioned in m original post ends up in a landfill or burned. There is just too much cheap fast fashion being made that has a short life span in a person’s closet that ends up getting thrown or donated.. Society thinks by donating clothing they are helping others in need but in reality most cheaply made fast fashion ends up in a landfill somewhere as there is just too much of it versus the actual need for it.

10. July 18, 2018 / 6:05 pm

Anyone know if the twine multi white/white has any problems with not being opaque? Such a pretty print. TIA!

11. anon
    July 19, 2018 / 7:22 pm

Anyone know what those white crops with the slit on the side and the pockets are called? I couldn’t find them on the website and it looks like the blissed out crop doesn’t have those features…