Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 Fitting Room Try-Ons Part 4 – Coats and Jackets! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Canada starts tomorrow for early access! If you have a Canadian Nordstrom Rewards Credit Card you can access the in-store sale. If you are far from a store, I believe you can still do phone orders for purchases as long as you have the card.  I’ve got more reviews coming tomorrow for activewear, and casual wear as well as jeans (and the Lululemon upload of course!). For the rest of you that have been waiting for public access in the US, I’ve heard a few times now from stores and customer service that they will, in fact, restock most items that sold out by the 20th. I’ve already seen many items replenished in sizes online, not just random 1 size pop-backs.

Double Face Wool Blend Wrap Front Coat BADGLEY MISCHKA

Badgley Mischka Double Face Wool Blend Wrap Coat

This was the coat I originally had on my wish list. The color is stunning and I was drawn to it but I was going to purchase it in camel. Both the camel and grey sold out pretty quickly. It will probably be restocked. At the Seattle store I saw this coat all by itself so I grabbed it to try on despite the fact that it was a size too small. I later saw full size runs in different departments so it’s not in danger of being sold out. This style of coat isn’t flattering to my curvy petite shape. It needs a bit more of a flare at the bottom and a slightly shorter length for it to work for me. This jacket comes in petite and extended sizes so it may have worked for me in a petite large but after trying it on I didn’t’ love the quality. The wool blend doesn’t have a nice weight to it and it’s pretty scratchy since it’s unlined.  You will definitely not want to wear this with a short sleeve underneath. A lining also helps your shirt sleeve slide in without dragging so it will be annoying having to deal with that issue. I could have forgiven the lack of lining if the wool was really great quality and high density but this was not love for me.

Ted Baker London Lizia Biker Jacket

This is such a showstopper of a leather jacket. The color is really a bright bubblegum pink with a hint of peach to it. It has stunning rose gold hardware with a pretty blue contrasting print lining. If I didn’t already have a leather jacket that I loved I would have been tempted to get this one. The sizing of Ted Baker London items is 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. 4 corresponds to size 12 and I would say that is accurate, but it’s short. This is a TTS jacket, but pretty cropped in length and I didn’t love how short it was so ultimately I would have opted for a different pink moto jacket with a longer cut, like maybe the All Saints Balfern. I would never wear a biker jacket like this zipped up but you definitely want to have the option to if you want to, and it’s also how I wear a leather jacket in when I first get it. Good leather will relax in high movement areas and the best way to get that process going is to zip it all the way up, and wear it around the house for a few hours. I am a 34DD bust size and I was able to comfortably zip all the way up, but if you are larger busted, or have a less shallow cup than I do then you will need to size up in this. Isn’t it cute though?

Mackage Double Face Wool Leather Belted Plaid Coat

If you are tall, you are so darn lucky. This jacket is just amazing but it’s way too long and overwhelming on me. I loved the print though and it was much more subtle and neutral in person than I expected it to be. I loved it online but I also thought the print was a bit wild for day to day use. Don’t be afraid of this print being too loud. It’s so pretty! It’s the Meghan Markle plaid coat (almost)! Mackage coats usually fit me one size too small but I guess because this coat is longer and flares out a bit it was more forgiving so this is TTS. I had a medium weight merino wool sweater underneath and it felt comfortable. You get two belt options with this, the matching plaid belt, or the wider leather belt. I’d wear the leather belt with it but I’d also break it in. It’s really stiff so the tie doesn’t sit right. It should soften up with a bit of work.

Mackage Water Repellent Down Jacket Plaid

I saw this jacket online in black briefly but didn’t notice it also comes in this matte plaid print as well. I LOVED the look of this jacket in store and it totally caught my eye. The store only had this one size which was small, and I’m a large. I had to grab it though for pictures to show you. This is heavy duty and way too warm for Vancouver. Even if it had been in my size, I’d struggle to justify this jacket. As I said above, Mackage coats and jackets fit small and are designed with a narrow hip in mind, so I always size up to an XL in Mackage, especially their down jackets.  That only seems to be possible at Nordstrom which carries a greater size range than anywhere else. Strangely though Mackage leather jackets fit me TTS but their wool coats, parkas and down puffers are very snug in an L for me. If you live somewhere cold, consider this awesome jacket.

Shop The NSALE Coats and Jackets

1. Buggie
    July 17, 2018 / 6:33 am

Omg that ted baker!!!
    What is this silly talk about only needing one leather jacket?! Maybe only one PINK leather jacket 🤪

• July 17, 2018 / 10:07 am

AGREED. It’s beautiful and looks awesome on you!

• Cristina
        Author
        July 17, 2018 / 12:41 pm

Thank you! If it had been just slightly longer I may have purchased it.

• Cristina
      Author
      July 17, 2018 / 12:42 pm

lol! it’s only fair that I get enabled by my readers. haha!

2. Jenna A
    July 17, 2018 / 6:35 am

Have you ever tried moncler? We have a similar shape and I find I always need to size up.

• Cristina
      Author
      July 17, 2018 / 7:17 am

I have not but I have always loved the Moncler fur hooded anorak. The Aricco I think it’s called? I just love how it’s shaped at the hips and has that big hood.

3. jacket lover
    July 17, 2018 / 8:31 am

How ridiculous that the wool wrap coat does not have a lining. That’s essential to a quality coat.

Love the pink moto jacket! Being lambskin it must be very soft. This would be a fun addition to a wardrobe. Put this on your possible (probable?) list!

4. Becca
    July 17, 2018 / 10:10 pm

That plaid Mackage coat is amazing…

• Cristina
      Author
      July 17, 2018 / 10:23 pm

It is the best of all the wool coats in the entire sale. It’s just stunning. I have a bit of envy anytime I’ve seen a haul that included it.

5. Tamara
    July 18, 2018 / 12:32 pm

After seeing this post I couldn’t stop thinking about the pink moto jacket! After lusting for a day I ordered it and its now on it’s way. Not sure how it’s going to fit me but I’ve already come up with like 5 ways to style it. Thanks for the time and effort you put into shopping the sale for us!