The Lululemon New Product is live!

Lots of posts this past week in addition to the Lululemon New Product upload post. Check them out here: Adidas Ultraboost vs. Nike Epic React The Lululemon Upload Lululemon Fit Review Pretty Flowy Tops For Summer Lululemon Store Photos Platform Wedge Sandals

So far I’ve ordered the new Get Going Dress. Mostly because it goes up to a 12 and I always found I wanted to size up in past clingy dresses from Lululemon and they NEVER come in a 12. I don’t have my hopes up that I’ll like the fit of this one on me since it’s NULU and a clingy design that doesn’t flare out much, but the fact that I can size up in it is fantastic. It will go so well with my new platform wedge sandals that I just wrote about. The other item I ordered is the In Movement Crops in Deep Coal (not new). If you’ve been following me on social media you will see that I’ve started back at the gym full force, and I’ve fallen in love with my In Movement Crops. Mostly because they don’t constantly slide down on me like my Fast & Free Crops, they are just as soft and silky, they are breathable and cool, they have none of that mesh paneling nonsense. I just love them. I also have a gym hack where I put out 4-5 complete gym outfits on my dresser so that in the morning I can’t decide not to go because I don’t have time to sort out my clothes. My pile of gym outfits is missing another pair of neutral In Movement Crops. Purchase justified!

What did you guys order this upload?

Zen Garden Multi Wunder Under Hi Rise Tight Mesh

Run Times Short II Zen Garden

Run Times Short II

Speed Up Tight Zen Garden

Speed Up Tight

1. Merrly
    May 8, 2018 / 2:00 pm

It seems like a lot was released but nothing for me. I love the moss rose color but have never owned any aligns and if I do try it, I’d probably want the regular length.. or I could hem it. Readers here seem to love aligns but the reviews aren’t promising. Thoughts? (:

• Cristina
      Author
      May 8, 2018 / 2:10 pm

For workouts, I much prefer the In Movement Crops to the aligns. They are just as soft and naked feeling but they are more durable and sweat-friendly. Those come in the rose color too. I was tempted by rose but what I want are neutral pants that I’ll wear often, not just when I feel like making a color statement.

• merrly
        May 9, 2018 / 8:38 am

Thanks so much, Christina! I’m going to look into those! I haven’t tried Everlux yet.

• merrly
          May 9, 2018 / 8:39 am

Cristina!* (:

• Anon
      May 9, 2018 / 8:58 am

I do like the align pants but mainly for lounge wear. I work out doing a variety of activities (weightlifting, jogging, floor work) and they are just too fragile for those activities (for me). They actually tell you in the store that they are best for yoga or something similar so they’re really not meant for those things anyway. I have not found them to pill as much as the reviews suggest but if you brush up against something with a rough surface you may get a snag! That’s the reason why I prefer luxtreme or Nulux for all of my workouts. I wear aligns with sandals and a long top for errands and such or with boots in the winter.

• Anon
        May 9, 2018 / 9:05 am

I want to mention that I have been hesitant to try the in movement line because in the photos the material looks kind of shiny. I typically buy online only as the store is so far out of my way. Is that just from the brigh camera flash? One thing I do like about the other materials is that they are matte especially nulu. Can anyone comment on this? I would give them a try for sure if I knew!

• Cristina
          Author
          May 9, 2018 / 10:33 am

It’s definitely not as matte as luon or nulu, but it’s not glossy like Fast & Frees. I’d say it’s a nice matte looking luxtreme, but not as matte as luon. I get what you mean though, if you are wearing them casually you definitely want a matte tight, not a shiny tight. Hope that helps!

• Anon
            May 10, 2018 / 7:52 am

Thank you for the info! I know exactly what you mean. I think I will order a pair in a neutral color to try. As a side note, I received the aligns in monochromic embossed today and they are beautiful. Less of a shine than what appears on the store photos but the pattern is flattering and in just the right amount so that they are not just another’s pair of black pants.

May 10, 2018 / 11:02 am

I find the Aligns pill like crazy. I love the feel of the fabric but I can’t wear mine for high intensity workouts.

2. Sarah Gordon
    May 8, 2018 / 2:23 pm

It maybe that I’m too tired to work this hard at creating an outfit from these pieces but there are some real head-scratchers in the color palette. The red-orange-green-black zen garden. I could have been interested in a ruby wine, orange (amber?), dragonfly solid bra or cool racerback but instead it’s shown with just white and black? I take that to mean that there won’t be anything else to coordinate. Meanwhile, a sort-of fatigue green called highlander was uploaded as the new energy bra color. What am I supposed to do with that? Is it going to complement something later in the month/year? I don’t understand why there aren’t cohesive color stories any more. I feel like it is too much of a gamble even with the 30 day return policy to buy a piece and then hope that I can find something other than black and white to coordinate. I love color but you’re making me work too hard.

• Cristina
      Author
      May 8, 2018 / 2:25 pm

Completely agree with you on this one. I really miss the way lululemon used to do color stories that wove into coordinating prints, and went across run, yoga and accessories. Even the solids would pull from the prints back then.

• Andreea
      May 8, 2018 / 2:31 pm

Definitely agree with you. There are so many colors released around the same time that are SO close that they aren’t different enough to complement but not similar enough to match. It’s maddening.

• j
        May 8, 2018 / 3:00 pm

I miss the color stories so much as well!
        I would be spending much more $ if they had them.

• Stacy
          May 8, 2018 / 8:49 pm

Me too. I used to drop so much money buying all the pieces that went together, especially when I looked at the store photos and all the different ways to wear everything.

• j
            May 9, 2018 / 2:40 am

I also miss all the store photos!
            I know that there are still some, but I don’t find nearly as many.

3. Des
    May 8, 2018 / 2:51 pm

I like the moss rose colour, but already have aligns in so Merlot. They look like practically the same colour but the moss rose is a lighter shade. I like the merlot colour better (its more multi seasonal)

4. Looloo
    May 8, 2018 / 3:03 pm

Not sure about zen garfen print. Thought i might want speed shorts in it..still on fence. I am saving again with this upload. The such a cinch tank in coral looks promising. I find the fast as light tank with frills in coral colour bunches up at back of neck…not as bad in size up…but may exvhange for cinch tank. Light and airy for running…especially tied up in back.

5. j
    May 8, 2018 / 3:06 pm

I purchased the love tank pleated in black. I’m always looking for basic black and white tanks that have some sort of small detail to differentiate them from all of the other tanks that I already own.
    I also decided to give the still movement wrap (not new) in black.
    I just received my order from last week that include the monochromatic aligns. I’m on the fence about them. I’m not super crazy about the material (reminds me a bit of “Sweetlegs” type leggings…). And because they are backed in white so there is some fading. Are all aligns like this? Or is it just the monochromatic print?

• Molly
      May 9, 2018 / 9:58 am

Nah, not all aligns are like that – just the printed versions that have white in them, I’ve noticed. I have a pair of a black & white pattern aligns (think it was a splatter print) that I never wear because of the fading. The material also feels different! I have other printed aligns that are backed in darker fabric and look/feel much better with less fading. The solid color aligns are soft and buttery and don’t fade on me at all. I will say that the darker solids are more flattering. I have a decent body, but the aligns in “so merlot” looked terrible on me haha. Could see every bump!

• j
        May 9, 2018 / 1:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

6. Anon
    May 8, 2018 / 3:14 pm

So many colours, what’s a girl to do? I saw the Zen Garden print today and just shook my head, what horrible colours and I find nothing zen about that print. I am loving so many of the new colours in fact I can’t remember seeing so many new colours in such a short period of time.

I am curious Cristina, what colour dress did you get? I saw it in store today and thought the Ruby Wine was gorgeous. I didn’t see the Hood Lite Jacket in store today but when I saw it online I had to order it in the green. I am glad I looked at pictures of other colours besides green because that’s when I saw the jacket is actually longer but the pictures of the green jacket has it cinched shorter. It looks really nice when at full length.

• Cristina
      Author
      May 8, 2018 / 3:16 pm

I got black because I was worried the red may show lumps and bumps. The red is stunning though and if the black fits well I will really kick myself for not ordering the red.

• Mrs. P
        May 9, 2018 / 10:08 am

I ordered the Ruby Wine. Such a gorgeous colour but I’m also worried about the clinginess. It should arrive before Friday, so I’ll update on the fit and whether it shows everything like some coloured items tend to do. I don’t want to have to wear spanx underneath it! Haha!

• emily
      May 9, 2018 / 7:05 pm

I tried this on today and it did not work for me at all. I would need to wear some serious Spanx, which would defeat the purpose for me. It clung to all my bad areas. 🙁

7. Anne
    May 8, 2018 / 4:18 pm

I think that the Zen Garden print is one of those prints that you either love or hate. I’m not a fan because the colors are pretty loud, but someone else might view it as being a fun and happy print. Lululemon seems pretty sure it will be a hit based on the number of items they released with this print. I’m not interested in much from this download, but do like the Ruby Wine color. I wish they made it in a longer zip jacket. The Define jacket is nice, but a little short on my tall frame. I am interested in seeing how the dress you ordered works out for you because I could use a summer dress. Fingers crossed that it will be a keeper.🤞

• Cristina
      Author
      May 8, 2018 / 4:20 pm

I’ll try to get a few pictures in and post a review.

8. emily
    May 8, 2018 / 5:07 pm

I think the Zen Garden print may be okay for shorts. It’s a bit much (for me) in leggings.
    I definitely want to try the dress. It looks like something I would wear constantly.

9. Amy C.
    May 8, 2018 / 6:27 pm

Initially, I was super excited about some of the pieces. But, I have to agree with all of you that commented on the colors, etc. the past spring, when I looked at the foreign site, I would see some of that look to their uploads, but then the US upload would look so much more random. Some colors are just coming our at the wrong time of the year–I love that dress in the ruby wine and that would grab me for reals in beginning fall. When I saw the long sleeve one-piece swim suit I was super pumped into I read that it’s not a full on suit–you wear it over you regular suit. I want the coverage, but I wished that it would be made to wear on its own…
    I think I’ll get that dress, tho, it looks so comfy!

10. Mrs. O
    May 8, 2018 / 8:32 pm

I agree with everyone about the color schemes. I’m only able to match things because of my collection throughout the years. But often times when I like colors of new items, I have a hard time finding something to coordinate with it. I wish they offered more of the bright solid colors in bras (other than Energy Bra) and tanks.

Nothing caught my attention from this upload.

11. Christina
    May 8, 2018 / 8:53 pm

Did anyone else get an email from lulu yesterday about “Pants on party’s here” showing 2 different photos of some purple tights with mesh blocking on the legs? Any idea of what pants those are?

12. Anne
    May 8, 2018 / 8:55 pm

Got the ruby red harbor tote!

13. emily
    May 9, 2018 / 3:38 am

Add me to those missing when Lulu had an actual color story with stripes and patterns all coordinating with various pieces. I would spend a lot more then versus now, where I’ll buy a piece here and there.
    And I know we were complaining about no color a few months ago. I love all of the color, but it all seems to be variations of the same few colors. It reminds me of Boden, where you have to guess what actually matches (versus being off just enough to not match).

• mary
      May 11, 2018 / 9:46 am

YES! This drives me insane. I have a pair of pace rivals and a sculpt tank with tags still on because they are not the colors I *thought* they were (i.e. they aren’t the appropriate shade to coordinate with the pattern I bought them for). It’s really frustrating

14. Joanna
    May 9, 2018 / 11:18 am

Wow, that Zen print is hideous imo. I might be getting old though, lol!
    I bought the dress as I need some hotter weather wear for the office and I can defn. spruce this up for my office wear. I got my true to size in black.
    Interesting about the in movement tights, I have actually been curious about them and I love the coal color.