The Lululemon Upload is up!
Last weeks Lululemon Upload Post, The Foreign Upload Sneak Peeks, Down For A Run Jacket II Black Cherry and Fast & Free 7/8 Tight Peony Print Fit Review

Pretty small upload today, but don’t worry because Lululemon Black Friday is coming. Here are some examples of previous Lululemon Black Friday capsules – Sequins, Feathers, faux embroidery, limited edition ruffled scuba hoodies, Reflective Snakeskin.

I ran to my store as fast as possible on Friday  to pick up the Fast & Free tights in Peony Print, and now that I see they come in crops too I’m not sure which ones I want more. I wish lululemon put out prints the way they did years ago when they where more spendy on product developement. We used to see a floral print like this in several crops, shorts, a couple of tanks and a jacket, duffel bags, swim and accented on a few waistbands or headbands. If you weren’t brave enough to wear a print like this in tights, you could find something in this print to wear, or, you could buy it all and wear a floral tuxedo. Not only that but you would have tons of coordinating colors to go with a print like this as well. I really love my Secret Garden Print CRB, and my Midnight Iris Print CRB – I wish I’d gotten the Inspire Tights and the Duffel bags in both those prints. Can you imagine Lululemon doing this print on one of their duffel bags now?

What did you order today? Try anything on in store?

Fast & Free Tight II Peony Multi

Peony Multi Fast & Free II Tights

Fast & Free Crop II Peony Multi

This model is lovely and I love the mauve coloured Swiftly Tech LS. Do you think it’s cropped, or just pulled up/tucked in? I’m so happy to see a pear shaped model! I wish she was featured more.

Fast & Free Tight II

Nile Blue Cool Racerback II

Sculpt Tank II

Studio Pant Submarine
Studio Pant III Submarine

Lululemon Black Friday Items on Ebay

November 14, 2017 / 1:50 pm

It looks like they are using a model that almost looks plus size. Wonder if they are going to cater to people who need bigger than size 12 clothes?

• Cristina
      Author
      November 14, 2017 / 1:57 pm

I’m surprised you consider her plus sized. She’s definitely curvier than the other models (and refreshing to finally have some diversity on the site) but I would place her in a size 8/10 range, certainly not over 12. I would love it if they also included plus size models.

• Mrs. O
        November 14, 2017 / 6:26 pm

I agree with you. In real life, she’s quite normal sized and there’s nothing plus sized about a size 8/10. But in the modeling world, sadly they would consider her plus side. I’m always astonished when I see what “fashion” deems plus sized. It’s quite sad to think 8/10 would be considered plus sized. I’m glad Lulu is at least trying to capture different body shapes.

November 14, 2017 / 1:58 pm

I was thinking exactly that! It’s like how Athleta has the plus size models wearing the exact same clothes.

November 14, 2017 / 2:03 pm

By model standards, she is for sure plus-sized. Would bet she’s wearing a 12. She looks great!

• Tanya
      November 14, 2017 / 10:27 pm

Nah, she looks more like a 6 or 8.

• Rise and Shine
        November 15, 2017 / 4:43 am

I don’t think so. The Fast and Frees are true 7/8 on her, so she’s probably the same height as the other models, who wear 6s. I would think she’s a 10/12.

She looks great, whatever her size. With her small waist and muscular thighs, she looks like a beautiful, athletic woman. Would love to see more models with muscles.

• November 15, 2017 / 10:35 am

Yeah the models are usually a 6 so I agree she is a 10/12 which is really nice to see. I hope this is the start of something new. I enjoy the store photos since they often include women with more muscular builds doing different activities.

• Tanya
            November 17, 2017 / 9:59 am

I’m sorry but those models are not 6s. I’m 148 pounds and 5’6″ and I wear a size 6. Those models are probably closer to 4s and 2s.

• Katarina
              November 18, 2017 / 11:09 am

lol, agreed. I’m a size 4 and even though I’m shorter than the models, they’re definitely “fitter” than me

November 18, 2017 / 4:54 pm

They are probably closer to a size 2. I’m 123 lbs and wear size 4 and even though I’m shorter they still look thinner

3. November 14, 2017 / 2:35 pm

I would not have guessed she wears a size 12! I think it’s great that lulu uses women who wear a variety of their sizes to model the clothing. I am hoping that swiftly is not cropped though! I like that color but don’t want a cropped version…

• Ms. M
      November 15, 2017 / 7:46 am

it’s not cropped. Look at the other photos on that print of the fast and frees. It shows the swiftly from the back and it’s scrunched up 🙂 Looking forward to seeing this swiftly!

4. Emily
    November 14, 2017 / 2:39 pm

That new model is gorgeous!!

I love the reflective toque (assuming it’s reflective since I haven’t made it to the website yet).

• Emily
      November 14, 2017 / 2:55 pm

Just saw that it isn’t. Oh well. I got some fantastic reflective gear from Oiselle recently—it was quite affordable (and super reflective).

5. Rise and Shine
    November 14, 2017 / 3:06 pm

Loving the teaser of (I’m guessing) the Rest Less PO in Flash Light.

And, btw, what’s up with this pic: https://shop.lululemon.com/p/tops-short-sleeve/Run-Swiftly-Tech-Short-Sleeve-Crew/_/prod4500151?color=20799

You know, I often cuddle with the girls in the locker room. And then we braid each other’s hair and have a pillow fight in our underwear.

Can you say, sick of this shit? So, so tired of every damn thing women do being sexualized. It’s a t-shirt. For exercising. No, not having sex. Exercising. Women do that, too.

• Sarah Gordon
      November 14, 2017 / 3:47 pm

Looked at the photo and thought – isn’t this a leftover from 2 or so years ago. I think I bought both of these short sleeve swiftlys at a warehouse sale last year. Such a confusing upload with lots of leftovers from other seasons and years. Pink Lemonade Energy Bra, Black ombre swiftly tank and t-shirt. Stuff that should be on WMTM but is showing up as “new”

• Klo
        November 15, 2017 / 11:57 am

It thought the same and as also surprised to see the maxi dresses on the US site. I could have sworn both the dresses were in wmtm..different colors but still. Lulu is all over the place. I was hoping to see the sequoia Camo in something luxtreme. The aligns feel like they are going to fall off and they are loose around the ankles on me.

• Violet
      November 14, 2017 / 5:46 pm

@Rise and Shine – I was definitely expecting something more provocative when I read your post, then I clicked on the link and saw a picture of two women standing close to one another. I think your interpretation is a stretch. And for the record, I have a PhD in visual art so visual analysis is my actual job, and my reaction to the image is still “meh.”

• Tanya
      November 14, 2017 / 10:28 pm

lol What a ridiculous comment. There’s nothing sexual about this photo.

November 15, 2017 / 4:54 pm

I didn’t think it was sexual, but I did think it was an odd photo for Lulu. They don’t usually do photos in pairs like this one and the mittens. It seemed more like a Gap ad (not that there’s anything wrong with Gap, just different than Lulu’s usual visual.)

The body positioning is awkward too. The way the one girl is standing with her top half to the side, but the lower half of her body twisted, so her booty faces out. It just looked very unnatural to me. Add in that they pulled her rest less PO all the way down past her rear. Super strange looking imo.

6. CT
    November 14, 2017 / 3:09 pm

What a ho hum barely there drop. Their banner shows a jacket that was out last week and here they are this week highlighting it. Nothing for me this week. I saw the Black Cherry Swiftly today and it is nice and I like the bit of pattern on it but not enough to buy it. I like the mauve one too but if it is cropped then forget it, a good way for LLL to stop me from buying colours I like if it’s cropped. I am actually thinking about returning the DFAR jacket I bought last week. The sleeves feel like there isn’t any down in them, they are absolutely flat and the body isn’t much better and the panels are thin.

I guess I shouldn’t say nothing for me this week as I just bought through Facebook buy/sell a Fo Drizzle Jacket in Cadet Blue, one of my favourite LLL blues and I am beyond thrilled to have this jacket. I also bought an earlier version of a down-filled pullover hoodie that has the fabulous thick rulu panels and sleeves in Deep Zinfandel, which just happens to be one of my all time favourite purples. When I feel how wonderfully thick and soft the rulu is on this pullover I can’t help but be sad that LLL doesn’t make it like this anymore. It reminds me how much some fabrics have changed over the last couple of years. The prices have gone up and the quality of fabric has gone way down.

BTW – a big thumbs down for the new website.

7. Runrunyogi
    November 14, 2017 / 3:25 pm

I’m a little confused. On the U.S. site we have a few items that are old stock; Picnic Play Dress, Brunswick Muscle Tank, Refresh Maxi Dress (this last one might have two new colors). And we have the Align 7/8 Pant in Dark Olive but the pictures are definitely of two different colors.

I would like to see the Lead the Pack Tight in person. I found the full-on luxtreme used in the Speed Up tights to be lacking, its just not the same material as it was three or four years ago. And I agree with you LLM about the prints. I’m far more likely to purchase a bag or headband than pants in the Peony Print. Its a cute print, just probably not on my short legs. And for $130 I need to not be sick of them in a few months. S’Well water bottle has a floral print with peonies in it on a black background, you might take a look!

8. Shadowy_lady
    November 14, 2017 / 3:35 pm

Nothing for me. I like the mauve ls Swiftly looking shirt but of course it is not included. This time of the year I pretty much only work out in ls swiftlies (except for when I practice hot yoga).

Love the inclusion of the curvier model too. I do hope at some point they also featured modeks with boobs 😛

November 14, 2017 / 4:30 pm

Nothing good here except for the models. Beautiful curves! Nice to see Size 10-12 represented here. The print I don’t like but was really hoping that the camo print aligns would be released in other tops or crops.

November 14, 2017 / 4:51 pm

I’m hoping they’ll also feature petite models , not just 5”10. I’m a size 4 and 5”4 and would like to see how stuff looks on shorter than model height person

• J
      November 14, 2017 / 5:59 pm

5″4 here too. When I look at the crops on the models I mentally add a few inches to the length 🙂

November 14, 2017 / 6:24 pm

I do same thing with jackets and tops. I just wish they would use more “ normal” build people to model , perhaps with some muscle, quads and boobs so we could get more realistic expectation of how this stuff will look I like that Carbon38 used fitness instructors. Looks edgy yet appropriate

• Alicia Yang
      November 15, 2017 / 7:33 pm

Same! I’m an inch taller and also wear a size 4. I think it will be helpful if they put the models height down for reference too.

November 14, 2017 / 5:38 pm

I got the peony crops since I envision wearing that print in spring more so than fall/winter.

12. November 14, 2017 / 6:03 pm

Ordered the peony crops since I am still annoyed I missed out on the vivid vision crops..pinks and purples get me every time

13. Anon
    November 14, 2017 / 6:08 pm

Does anyone know if the wool mitts are lined or just knit??TIA

• Anon
      November 15, 2017 / 6:07 pm

Not lined. I bought a pair today.

14. Mrs. O
    November 14, 2017 / 6:34 pm

I’m liking the black cherry ls swiftly. I’d also be interested in the reflective lead the pack tight. The peony print in a headband would be awesome. I’d buy it without hesitation. I live in my headbands.

• Anon
      November 15, 2017 / 6:07 pm

I got the black cherry LS. Looks beautiful in person. Website doesn’t do justice.

15. Looloo
    November 15, 2017 / 1:55 am

I thought photo of 2 girls was great in the sense that i could compare the one colour swiftly against a colour i already have. Sometimes the intensity of the shade is hard to tell when its on ots own. For example the crb in blue nile. Looks alot different than in real life. Having another colour or two next to it makes it easier for me to see the true colour.

16. j
    November 15, 2017 / 3:20 am

The radiant multi fast & free tights look gorgeous in photos.
    I purchased the speed up tights in radiant multi (to go with my black cherry down for a run jacket), but am really on the fence about speed up tights. I particularly don’t care for the “back view” of them.
    Also, the colors on the radiant multi speeds up is much more muted in person than the colors appear on the pictures of the radiant multi fast & free tights on my computer. Has anyone seen both pairs of tights in radiant multi? Is there a difference in terms of the coloring?
    I really prefer what appears to be the coloring of the fast & free tights in radiant multi.
    Thanks!

• Andreea
      November 15, 2017 / 6:26 am

They are much more muted in real life, as are the speed up shorts. I would have snapped them up in a heartbeat if they were as vibrant as the photos, same with the frozen flourish multi. Much more dull and muted in real life. I wish they would stop increasing the contrast so much on the product photos. It’s VERY misleading! I noticed it most in the speed up shorts, I was super disappointed!

• kate
        November 15, 2017 / 5:08 pm

Agreed! I LOVED the frozen flourish multi online, but in person I found it dull. I wonder if the FFM Scuba is a bit more vibrant since I have the different floral (Midnight Iris) Scuba from a few years ago and it was a tad brighter in the cotton fabric than in the luon. I haven’t tried the new version of the Scuba (I am a fan of Scuba 2) but might be tempted by this one since I have bought Lulu florals for a long time; moreover, I tend to like my patterns up top, given my body type.

• j
        November 16, 2017 / 3:07 am

Thanks!
        That’s really too bad, the fast & free tights looked so gorgeous online in radiant multi. They still don’t have them at my local store, so I can’t go and compare the two pants in that print. I would have ordered the F&F online, but if you are telling me that they are pretty much the same in terms of coloring as the Speed Ups tights in that print, meh, not really worth it.
        Thanks again 🙂

• LS
      November 18, 2017 / 5:46 am

I hate the Speed Up tights. Terrible design, awkward fit. I also found radiant multi totally underwhelming (though I tried the WUP).

17. CEL
    November 15, 2017 / 6:58 am

So refreshing to see a model with a different shape who actually has a booty! I wish they would do this more often … especially with bras. It drives me crazy when they show an A-cup model wearing a bra intended for C-D cups! They design clothing for people of different heights/shapes, and it would be nice if they would reflect that in their choice of model more often.

• shadowy_lady
      November 16, 2017 / 6:32 am

That’s pretty much what i said in my comment too and so I agree with you. But now that I think about it, most companies showcase small chested women when they are trying to advertise bras for bigger cups. I wear a 32H size bra; my expectation isn’t to see someone my size modeling the bra. But someone with some boobs would still help visualize the bra better for me…just that Lululemon isn’t the only guilty party here, they all do it.

Only time I’ve seen boobs match the bra is companies that specifically cater to women with larger breasts like Freya, Panache or Curvy Kate.

18. Brandi
    November 15, 2017 / 8:30 am

Is the Luminesce Splatter White Black actually luminescent? As in, is it noticeable in the dark. Lulu used to post some photos of their products in the dark to give you a better idea. But I can barely tell in the new pictures. I’m tempted to exchange my Run On Tights (yet again) for these.

• Anon
      November 15, 2017 / 6:04 pm

Nope. Not luminescent at all. Just a pattern

• Brandi
        November 16, 2017 / 5:58 am

Thanks

November 15, 2017 / 9:17 am

My Light as Warmth Jacket arrived yesterday and the fit is off. I’m 5’3”and under 100 lbs, and the jacket is tight at the hips on me. The deal breaker is the sleeves which are too short, hitting me just at the wrist bones. The shoulders are a little bit wide for me so I couldn’t size up. The slits on the side wouldn’t lie flat and they curl up like a duck’s tail. Too bad cos I love the fabric, the stand up collar and the length.

• Anon
      November 15, 2017 / 6:02 pm

This is a horrendous fitting jacket!

• LS
      November 18, 2017 / 6:46 am

Honestly, a lot of their current products are like bad knock-offs. I don’t get it.

November 15, 2017 / 9:54 am

Anyone try the tucked and twisted pant? Are they Tts? Loose fitting? Any reviews?

• Anon
      November 15, 2017 / 6:02 pm

TTS. I love them! Sleeper item from Lululemon. I’m 5’2” and sz 2. Super soft and most comfortable. Looks great on too!

November 15, 2017 / 10:56 am

Love The new model as well!!! Very cool!! It’s funny, we all assume that she is 10-12…. wonder what size she wears!

Does anyone know about the extended holiday return period or double weekly uploads are starting?

November 15, 2017 / 11:55 am

Extended holiday return period has begun. 🙂

22. Klo
    November 15, 2017 / 12:05 pm

On the topic of models of different shapes and sizes…I think banning store photos was a big mistake of lulus. I used to scroll through all of them so I could get a good idea of what things looked like on all different body types, how they were paired with other things . I loved looking at them all. The fact that lulumum and luluaddict took the time to organize all those photos for us to look at was amazing and quite surely amounted to a larger bottom line for lululemon. Add it to another thing they goofed up. You can’t even zoom in on a photo on the desk top site anymore. No pictures of pockets or lining or features.

November 15, 2017 / 5:04 pm

I absolutely agree!!! I miss those pics so much! I loved seeing how different items paired together, sometimes in ways I wouldn’t have thought of. I’d often buy a whole outfit based on the store pics. When they stopped those photos, I definitely started spending less. I can’t remember the last item I went there with the intention of buying a complete outfit. Good for my wallet, bad for Lulu.

• LS
      November 18, 2017 / 6:49 am

I know my buying has dropped off substantially since the end of the store photos, which seemed to coincide with a marked decline in quality, details and fit. Lululemon just isn’t good at showcasing and/or honestly representing the fit and details of clothing on the site, so now if I’m not sure, I just don’t buy.

23. Joanna
    November 15, 2017 / 2:23 pm

Nothing again. Still tempted by those camo aligns, but my resolve remains. Some new APL shoes uploaded this afternoon, the fatigue is quite nice imo.

Happy about the new model as well. She is gorgeous and has a butt + legs like mine <3.

November 15, 2017 / 5:08 pm

Are in 2 month return period yet?

25. Del
    November 15, 2017 / 8:57 pm

If anyone happens to come across the New print of the bottoms reviewed with the Black Front and Centre Jacket in store or online please please let me know. Or even if we know when we may see them LLM. Thank you so very much!!!!

November 17, 2017 / 2:57 pm

The model featured is not anywhere near being a plus sized model. I have a similar body type and wear a size 8 in all bottoms. My best friend is also pear shaped with muscular thighs and wears a size 4 bottom. Just because someone has muscular thighs, hips, and a shapely butt does not make them plus sized nor does it mean they are a size 12.

November 18, 2017 / 6:02 am

Thank-you!! I am also a true size 8 and have worn that size for 10 years in LULU, sometimes a 6 and I look like this model!!!!

27. Lululove
    November 20, 2017 / 9:35 am

Im a size 12 in bottoms, which I dont mind at all…but my legs are way way bigger than hers