I think I just made the quickest impulse purchase known to man, and now I’m going to seduce you into making the same purchase so I don’t feel so bad shopping for myself right before Christmas. I meant to just add this to my wishlist but the FOMO was real, and I decided I’d wear this sweater to Christmas festivities, Christmas pictures, Christmas dinner and to bed.  I saw this stunning bubble gum pink funnel neck sweater on a beauty vlogger I was just randomly watching and I could not take my eyes off the amazing color, and the retro shape of the neck. I immediately scrolled down to see if she’d listed it and luckily she did with a little mention that it had just been restocked after having sold out.  Along with the name of the item I was able to see hundreds of her viewer comments remarking on how awesome the sweater was, and that was the only push I needed to click ‘check out’.  Man I’m so suggestible.  I did it so fast that I didn’t realize my account defaulted to my US shipping address and so now I’m going to have to pick it up in the US next week when it arrives. Oh well, that explains why the shipping was free and there wasn’t duties and shipping added to the total.

I ordered my size down in this based on the many, many, many reviews on the website for this sweater. I just love the retro neckline and how long and oversized yet totally feminine this jumper is. I think it’s going to look so great with leggings or skinny jeans and boots this winter. I ordered the pink because that was the color that drew me in, but the red and the teal are both stunning too. I think the red would be my second choice. It’s a cotton blend and I think the only thing that would have made this absolutely divine to me is if it had been made of cashmere, but cotton will make this much less delicate and more wearable.

Have any of you gotten the chance to try this sweater on? it seems to be a blogger favorite based on all the online reviews,  and somehow I missed it when it was first released.

Free People Ottoman Slouchy Tunic Free People Ottoman Slouchy Tunic Free People Ottoman Slouchy Tunic Free People Ottoman Slouchy Tunic

Shop This Free People Ottoman Slouchy Tunic Sweater Here

November 9, 2017 / 5:16 pm

Gah! You get me every time 😉 But I must say – you never let me down!! The last item you “talked” me into buying were those NEST diffusers, and I love them. I’m assuming they don’t carry this sweater at your Nordstrom in Vancouver? Just wondering if it’s worth me having a look for it here in Calgary. I believe we even have a Free People store here.

• Cristina
      Author
      November 9, 2017 / 5:20 pm

😂 I’m sorry! Those Nest diffusers are Christmas at my house. I actually just called the Vancouver store to see if they had it and they where all sold out. The TO store is showing one, but that one may be a glitch. They are going to call me back. If they do have it it ends up being cheaper getting it from a Canadian store than from the US site with the exchange rate as it currently sits. I price compared it and it’s way more expensive at The Bay than even ordering it off the Nordstrom US site so if the CAD stores don’t have it, I’m happy having ordered it off the US side.

• Cristina
        Author
        November 9, 2017 / 5:23 pm

They just called me back. It’s ghost item on their inventory and they don’t have it in in the pink.

• Cristina
      Author
      November 9, 2017 / 5:26 pm

Here it is in CAD pricing (I’ve never ordered from here before) – http://bit.ly/2hpk9Ch

November 9, 2017 / 6:12 pm

Thanks Christina 😘 I will call the Free People store here in Calgary to ask about inventory. I’ve never ordered from their website either! Which size did you opt for in the end? Please do a fit review if you get a chance next week on end you have it! I have the Nest “Holiday” diffuser up and running already. 🙊I sang Christmas carols all day. Doesn’t help that Calgary has been snowy and cold for over a week now! Oh- and would you mind sharing the blog info where you saw this sweater?

November 9, 2017 / 6:13 pm

*once you have it

November 10, 2017 / 7:28 am

Oh thank you!!! I enjoy her… Another person who makes me buy too much 😉😜

November 9, 2017 / 6:07 pm

Read post about this lovely sweater during daughters field hockey banquet. Switched from FB to Nordstroms (US) and order pink sweater in less than two minutes. Nordstrom’s had sweater listed as NEW. Can’t wait to get my new sweater. I enjoyed your shoe report a few weeks ago. I have a few pairs of Christian Loubouton shoes and find they are not comfortable, will need to try Manolo B next time.

3. Lizzie
    November 9, 2017 / 7:35 pm

To me it looks really oversized & ill-fitting. Hope it works out better for you!

• Cristina
      Author
      November 9, 2017 / 8:50 pm

Thanks! Even if it looks terrible I’ll still do a fit review on it before I return it.

4. buggie
    November 10, 2017 / 8:05 am

I bought this about a month ago! It was on Gilt.com for $79 and Nordstrom matched the price (check – it may still be there). I bought the teal. I love love love it. I was really going for the “oversized and ill-fitting” look (lol – very apt description PP!), so for me the fit is perfect. The arms are quite fitted (but long), which nicely balances the big torso, and the wide neck is nice because you can wear it centered, or you can let it drape off your shoulder like in the picture. I initially ordered my size down and it fit just fine (and was still oversized), so you should be good to go. I ended up exchanging for my TTS because I wanted the drapey giant look that is shown on the models. I bet you will really like it 🙂
    Merry Christmas to us. Ha!

5. buggie
    November 10, 2017 / 8:06 am

p.s. looks like it’s still on gilt in red and black. it’s called “ribbed knit tunic” (no ottoman in the style name, but it’s the same).

6. Shannon
    November 10, 2017 / 10:05 am

Just got the red one on gilt. Major FOMO. Thanks!!!!

7. Klo
    November 10, 2017 / 11:48 am

Love that outfit so much. That pink is so happy and it’s not a shade blue, grey or black. Speaking of lulu. I got my align 25” in the Camo and the are loose from the calf down. Tight on my calf and then baggy on my shin and ankle…like a straight leg. Anyone else have this problem?

8. Erin
    November 10, 2017 / 1:28 pm

They have it on the bay.com in medium in pink. The shipping is free.

9. Joanna
    November 10, 2017 / 2:48 pm

Free People sweaters are so nice. Don’t own any but love to look at them. Maybe one day!

10. Mrs. O
    November 10, 2017 / 3:31 pm

Oh Cristina! Why do you do this to me? Now I think I “need” it. FYI, the sweater is sold out on Gilt already in all colors. So, if I want it, I’ll have to buy from Nordstrom. It looks so cute. I’m not sure it will work for me but it’s worth a try to get that slouchy, oversized look. Cristina, does this mean you ordered a size M? Do you think I should get the XS or S?