Sweater Weather! Free People Ottoman Slouchy Tunic Is Back!

October 4, 2018

Brrrrr! It is officially sweater weather in Vancouver. This morning was garbage day so I had to get out there at 6am to put out the garbage bins and the ground was completely frosty, and the temp was 3*c! Today was the first day I officially reached into my closet and picked out my favorite coziest sweater, the Free People Ottoman Slouchy Tunic. You may remember I went on and on about this sweater last year and purchased it in black and pink. Unfortunately, I was late to the party and when you guys went to purchase it it was almost fully sold out. I was on pop-back duty for a long time with this sweater.

It was such a funny coincidence that I wore this sweater for the first time this season today and my friend just messaged me on facebook to let me know they have been fully stocked online in 6 new colors! I love the royal blue, cream and sky. Last year I thought for sure the pink would be my favorite but actually, I love my black one a lot more. The pink is fun though and that’s the one I grabbed to wear today.

These are big and oversized so I sized down one size and still have plenty of room and length. I don’t love how it looks sized down twice though as it really loses the swingy oversized fit. I’ve washed these a million times and they are still perfect. I love that it’s a hybrid between a nubby sweatshirt and a sweater. Wear with booties, tall boots or flats. Don’t love it with sneakers but that’s just because I’m short.

Free People Ottoman Slouchy Tunic

Buy The Newest Colors Right Here!

15 responses to “Sweater Weather! Free People Ottoman Slouchy Tunic Is Back!”

That sweater looks AMAZING on you!

Did you buy a size small or medium?

3. Andrea says:

It’s beautiful on you!

Did you get it from the Nordstrom U.S. site? I’m in Toronto and wonder how much shipping and customs would cost.

• Cristina says:

I got one from Nordstrom US and one from Macy’s US – I’m not sure about customs and duties… has the new NAFTA kicked in yet? that will make a big difference with cross-border shopping online. Check out The Bay because they usually have Free People items and it’s in CAD/shipping from within Canada. If they don’t have it, my second choice would be buying from Nordstrom over Macy’s if the prices are equal.

4. Anni says:

I love this sweater on you! Perfection! I just ordered it in black and ivory in both s and xs. I am usually an xs in free people but I want the slouchy relaxed look and also length to wear with leggings. Finger crossed that one of them works out. They are on the Bay site for$150 on sale right now. Great and convenient if you are in Canada.

5. Shadowy_lady says:

I love this sweater too and I never like oversized stuff like ever, lol! I’m a fitted clothes girl forever. Will be making an exception for this. Should I get a small if i’m a medium in most brands or size 6-8?

It was 0C this morning in Ottawa. I went for my usual morning run and had to wear my headband for the first time since last winter.

• Cristina says:

I think definitely you should try the small.
      Tuesday it was actually 1*c in Vancouver and that was a record-breaking low for this time of year. Typically it would be around 17*. Maybe we need warmer gear this winter. I heard it was supposed to be a mild winter but I’m doubting that. Wonder what the retailers planned for.

it’s on sale at nordstrom again! only in the us though 🙁