by Cristina

The Upload!

August 14, 2018

The Upload Intro

The Lululemon Upload is live! Where on earth are all the camouflage items we’ve been waiting for? The Scuba Hoodie, the jacket. Where are the Tuck & Flow LS? I am eying up the Pack It Up Jacket in the stunning floral print. I love that it reads like splatter print from afar (which is a theme I love) but up close it’s floral. The metallic foil Moment To Movement Tight is pretty wild. Are any of you getting those tights? They are online only so I’m sure we’d all love to know your thoughts.

Pack It Up Jacket

Dark Olive

Festival Bag II

Festival Bag II
Roman Red
Festival Bag II
Motif Grey

Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve (Breeze)

Swiftly Tech SS Breeze, Enchanted Iris

Love Crew Fade
Love Crew Fade
Unwind Your Mind Dress
The Rain Is Calling Jacket II
Love Crew International Women’s Day
Noir Crop
catch a moment zip up hoodie
always effortless jacket
Uncaged Bra
Fast and Free 7/8 Pant II
On Pace Crop
Wunder Under Pant Hi-Rise 7/8 Tight
Sculpt Tank II

Shop The Lululemon Stylists Shoe Picks

49 responses to “The Upload!”

1. Anon says:

Where’s the camo Scuba?

2. kim says:

What are they waiting for in bringing back the Tuck N Flow? 🙁 🙁 🙁

3. Mrs. P says:

To echo previous commenters:
    Where are the onyx jacquard tights pictured with the matching energy bra?

So much teasing going on here…

4. Reign says:

Why aren’t some of the models ‘selling’ the clothes?? They look like they don’t want to wear them.

• Jenn says:

Agree. Some models just shouldn’t model clothing at all. Or they’re asked to model this way? The girl’s face on the first picture of the Pack It Up Jacket in Smoky Blush is so displeased.

• Cristina says:

yah some of them look like they have prison glare going on.

• Sara says:

And the girl with the red half zip almost always has a massive camel toe. Why does she pose like that? It makes pants look terrible.

• anonymous says:

That looks totally photoshopped though to give that thigh gap look *commence eye roll* I wonder if the photoshop makes it look worse than it really is.

5. LittleMissG says:

Straight away bought the Bali Breeze CRB II even though I don’t *need* it but it’s my favorite color. I missed out on Toothpaste and have never gotten over it. This is despite the fact that I just bought the lovely green Rally Your Heart tank yesterday. I officially have a problem.

6. Shadowy_lady says:

I like the bodysuit but nothing else. I am also not a cameo fan but I was hoping to see the Tuck n Flow’s.

Am I alone in not liking shorts been styled with booties? Either it’s cold and one wear boots or it’s warm and so we wear shorts. I don’t know I may be too Canadian. No way in hell I wear my booties in the summer.

Isn’t lulu’s 20th anniversary this month?

• Anna says:

I also do not like the booties with the athletic shorts.

Reminds me of the trend from several years back of girls wearing their Nike running short with knee high Ugg boots. Just looks like a homeless person who is wearing whatever they have been able to scrounge up.

• anonymous says:

I don’t like any of the shoes they have on these models. I think they’re all ugly but yes, the booties with the shorts is just bad. Those booties are for regular clothing, NOT athletic or athleisure IMO.

• anonymous says:

The shoes Lulu has been using are all ugly IMO. The booties with the shorts are terrible though. That’s not footwear for “athletic” gear nor does it really go with athleisure either IMO.

Fwiw: Having problems with comments. Tells me “It looks like you said that already”. No, no, this would be the first time.

• anonymous says:

Cristina – and now it posted both comments for some reason after it told me that and I reworded it (after several tries). Sorry.

• Cristina says:

So sorry! It’s glitchy on my end too when I leave a comment. It probably just has to do with program updates on the back end and will settle down in a few days.

7. Ecop says:

The shorts with booties remind me of Steve Irwin or Crocodile Dundee or something like that. Probably not the best look unless you’re in the Aussie outback with a six pack (of beers) 😀

I agree with Reign at 2:57 – it looks like the the models don’t want to wear the clothes. If you look at the girls’ section, most of the girls modeling the clothes also look grumpy so it’s probably some conscious styling decision (not sure why you’d want the models to look upset to wear the clothes?)

And that photo of the red Front of the Pack 1/2 Zip is not flattering. I’m not sure why they wouldn’t just not shoot it from below to preserve the lady’s dignity.

P.S. I kept trying to submit my comment but was told it was “spam” several times… o_o

• Anonymous says:

Wow… that’s some serious camel toe. Don’t they pay someone to look over the photos and fix something like that? And I agree about the models. It would be nice to see some smiles.

• Cristina says:

That’s really strange! I just had a look in the spam filter and nothing of yours in there. I’ll keep a look out and make sure nothing gets added there that doesn’t belong.

• Ecop says:

Thanks! Hopefully it wasn’t filtered just because I was bringing up “dignity” 😀

• Cristina says:

bahaha! no, not from me. I don’t have any filters set up myself but I think the automatic spam filters out anything that looks like ‘my neighbor works from home and earns $6000 a day from the internet’ type of links.

• Cristina says:

? Steve Irwin wore it better. haha!
      I do hate the look overall but I find the variety of shoes being shown visually appealing. It gives the clothes more context (the wrong context, but still).

• Sara says:

That girl has camel toe constantly. It’s not the first time I’ve seen it on her. It’s the way she poses with her legs spread so far apart and she probably hikes up her pants way too much. It’s annoyed me ever since she started modeling for LLL. The only model I can stomach nowadays is the one wearing the green swiftly LS. She looks fit and muscular and always has somewhat of a smile.

No purchases for me this week. I am interested in the shiny foil print, but I’m not into the whole “stirrup” design.

9. Susie says:

Purchased the flamenco red long sleeve swiftly. I have been waiting years for a true red that is not cranberry or tomato red. I am so happy! Also the on the fly pant wide leg, which was not new this week.

I was speaking with a LLL employee the other day about their 20th anniversary which is August 24th. He said each store was getting $$$ to hold events that day and that there will be 20th anniversary product hitting the stores too. I plan to go into a store on that day just in case they have a 20% discount to celebrate. It looks like we are starting to see snippets of oldies making a return which may just be the beginning of more to come for their 20th anniversary. I absolutely love the Groove Pants boot cut I bought last week in black and heathered black. I tried on the flare cut in moonphase yesterday and had to hold myself back from puchasing those. The fit of these pants is amazing and I can’t wait for cooler temps to wear them. The Dance Studio Line is making a return with the Jacket but it would have been nice to see these in newer colours. The new Dance Studio Crop is disappointing, lacking all the original details and design. I just don’t know why they bring this crop back in different versions when the originals were such a hit. I am really looking forward to see what else makes a return in the coming months.

Good eye Cristina on the Pack It Up Jacket, I thought the print was splatter, which I am not a of, but I want to see this print in person. I didn’t purchase anything from this drop but I am probably going to buy the Slate Blue Swiftly. I am waiting for the Tuck and Flow as well and hope we see it in some great Fall colours.

Anyone else noticing how a lot of the models are being styled in a very “urban street look” vibe. I am getting a feeling we are going to see this look dominate the upcoming season. I am not a fan of this look because my body type suits the more fitted tailored look and I personally like a bit more detail and colour. As for the model wearing the red jacket accessorized with a camel toe, I think that is photoshopping gone bad, really bad!

• shadowy_lady says:

yea I thought their anniversary was coming up too (see my comment above). I shall go to a store on the day as well in case there are events.

Thank you for the review of the new Groove pants. I have two pairs from many moons ago (I think 10 years or so). Glad to hear the fit is still good. I will purchase a flare version.

11. Dayna says:

Wouldn’t that be amazing if some true “oldies” made a comeback??? I’d die if the Tuck and Flow actually showed up OR they re-released a few gems….ie: Quiet Stripes WUs! Wouldn’t that be crazy?

12. Klo says:

How about the dsp’s rolled up with the ankle boots. LOL

13. Dre L says:

Another week, another low point. #lululemon #lowpoint Well said Cristina, where are they?! Crossing the ocean takes time, I suppose.

Anyway, thanks for the show hunting it is great.

The modelling have been down for quite some time, it’s like looking at a Zara catalogue with athletic vibes. #fail

14. Ling says:

Gosh I miss some of the old models. The newer models are too edgy for LLL. Something is not quite right.

• LS says:

Personally, I feel like they’ve been having a brand identity issues for several years now.

• Cristina says:

100%. Sometime after 2015 it started. I think laying off a lot of their longtime head office staff, and then the morale issues that came with Laurent Potdevin had a huge impact on the brand identity. I was aware of major morale issues trickling down to store level two years before LP got fired.

• anonymous says:

Christine Day looks like a genius compared to what’s happened since she left. She wasn’t great but she was a heck of a lot better than what we’re seeing now. I didn’t pay attention to that stuff until the see-through pants debacle and Day stepping down because I didn’t need to – the clothing was technical, cute, fun and happy and I loved everything. Now I love nothing.

15. JP says:

I actually got excited to see the DSP joggers as they looked really cute and actually have some of the old rushing to them. ( the dance studio crops and jacket I just rolled my eyes at. (Fail, fail) why change a great thing into something not great? Anyways, I tried the joggers on in store in my usual size 4 and they were a no go. They pulled up between the butt cheeks and while no dreaded camel toe, it looked like my ass ate them. I was so disappointed as the rest of the fit on the legs was so cute. I sized up out of desperation as I liked them that much but then they swamped me. I ordered the anew skirt to try as I usually like skirts in French terry. Am waiting to for the tuck and flow. From what we have seen in limited pictures it doesn’t look like they ruined another favorite so keeping my fingers crossed!

• Anonymous says:

I laughed out loud at this. It’s never good when it looks like your ass ate your pants. ?

• Anonymous says:

Thanks for the 411 on the fit of the Dance Studio Joggers. I am not surprised to hear the fit is all wrong. I tried on the new version of the DSC and they looked like my ass ate them too. I looked like Steve Urkel from that tv show Family Matters with his pants pulled up to his chest. When I placed the waistband lower then the butt fabric sagged. I should have known better than to order them as they don’t have the seam down the back which is what makes the originals so awesome. I just don’t get why they won’t bring back the originals instead of coming out with new versions that have nothing in common with the originals. They shouldn’t even call them DSC. I would say these joggers should be called Street To Studio Joggers as they have the seam down the front but not the back. The Dance Studio Pant and Crop are all about the seams in back and without that detail they are not Dance Studio IMO. Why LLL can’t figure that out is mind boggling.

16. Erin says:

Ladies, ladies. That is not camel toe. That is a combo of thigh gap and butt droop.

Yes, the stiff, shiny leather bootie styling is totally jarring paired with activewear.

Yes, the models’ facial expressions are also disconcerting. I have a hunch they were told to be edgy but couldn’t pull it off. It really bothers me that the girls are directed to look the same way. Not only do they not pull it off, it’s too mature and comes off as inappropriate, like when child actors’ roles are written with adult personalities. Creepy.

17. Joanna says:

Nothing for me. I really want to see the price point in the new fully waterproof seamed camo jacket that came out in Asia. Probably pricey. Hopefully it comes here so I can check it out.

18. Jonnie says:

Thought the asian model in red in front of the pack half zip jacket look at her backside you can notice the similar curves to her bottom. Noticed the white leggings same model from the aries coloured zip to white her front droop isn’t as pronounced but yet exists while her bottom is shapely in both the black leggings and white..
    Have to say the styling of certain pictures often is boring and uninteresting complimented only with simple black, grey, white. top, pant or sneaker. Lulu selling colours to compliment outfits why not accessorize models in them, unless they have no colours to choose from. Understand they don’t want the customer to be distracted by colourful top while selling certain leggings.
    One suggestion i have is when browsing the photos of models wearing leggings why not have a link to there top or bra they wear to easily pick or choose a complimentary colour rather searching in vain from discontinued style or later to be introduced.
    Agree with models should be enthusiastic in there demeanour or very least to some degree. Not every model got to be smiling but at least happy to wear a sexy gym outfit like we often purchase. My favourite model is the one wearing the ebb to street tank in opal green.