Wow! Have you guys seen this near identical dupe? Victoria Secret copied Lululemon’s Enlite Bra! Victoria Secret released a new bra called the Angel Max Sports Bra and it has the same encapsulated cup, seamless laser construction and sweat-wicking spacer fabric and it’s overall the exact same design. The main difference here is the price. Victora Secret is priced at $49 while the Lululemon Enlite Bra is priced at $98. Lululemon will sure be angry about this considering the resources the spent marketing and developing this bra and how invested they were with product reviews. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while you know that I never took to the Enlite Bra despite trying several sizes. I took a fair bit of grief for not having a more positive review about it. Part of the barrier on this bra for me was the price did not match the quality, and with my cup size (DD) I didn’t feel a personal need for re-engineered sports bras. Larger cup sized women certainly need better more supportive options, but this bra didn’t go beyond DD/E cups.

I plan on checking out the Angel Max next week to do a fit review

Victoria Secret copied Lululemon’s Enlite Bra

Shop This Post

In related news, Lululemon is suing Under Armour for allgedly copying $52 Energy Bra.

Comments about the new bra from The Sweat Edit Review Group.

The fabric feels the frigging same and its constructed the same (actually VS version fabric is a little less stretchy but just as comfy).

I just tried it on. Oh my goodness. Its the same thing to me.

That’s so exciting considering it 1/2 the price of the enlite.

Actually, I think it gives a lift whereas there none with enlite.

Thanks to Ms. C for sharing these detail photos.

Angel Max Sports Bra - Victoria Secret Angel Max Sports Bra - Victoria Secret Angel Max Sports Bra - Victoria Secret Angel Max Sports Bra - Victoria Secret Angel Max Sports Bra - Victoria Secret Angel Max Sports Bra - Victoria Secret

1. Mrs. O
    September 27, 2017 / 8:37 pm

That’s crazy! I’m sure there will be another design patent infringement claim against Victoria’s Secret like Under Armour (copied Energy Bra patent).

2. Gayle
    September 28, 2017 / 8:51 am

Gap also has a similar version right?

3. danika
    September 28, 2017 / 12:07 pm

so someone else did it better and for less $. what’s your excuse, LLL?

• Mrs. O
      September 28, 2017 / 12:14 pm

It’s always easier to make things cheaper and improve them when you copy someone after they spent the money and time to do the initial research and development. I suppose that’s how innovation begins. If LLL didn’t start it, I wonder if the copycat companies (VS, Gap, Adidas) would have developed it as quickly as they have now.

• LS
        September 28, 2017 / 12:58 pm

LLL “R&D” is kind of a joke. The Enlite bra itself had horrible reviews from many people – not sure how much of their “R&D” involved actual women. They used reflective technology for those Seawheeze items and tried to pass it off like it was their own intellectual property when it’s clearly not.

• Shadowy_lady
          September 28, 2017 / 1:07 pm

I agree with your comment on lulu’s R&D even though u don’t support VS bring copy cat here. Lululemon wanted to make a supportive bra for larger chested women but their bra only goes to a DDD? In my book that is not really large chested. I had high hopes for the Enlite and was disappointed.

• Mrs. O
            September 28, 2017 / 1:28 pm

I guess the good thing about this is that these companies are finally realizing that there are women out there that need more supportive bras for performance. With the R&D budget Nike has, you’d think Nike would have done something sooner. I know Nike has some supportive high performance bras but I think it’s limited to DDD.

This is when I realize I’m very fortunate to be well within the usual range so that I have many options.

4. Shadowy_lady
    September 28, 2017 / 1:04 pm

I don’t believe this is the first time VS copied lululemon. It is stil disgusting though. F21 copies other athletic brands all the time too.

They Enlite bra didn’t work for me, I’m a 32G/H. I tried to squeeze in a smaller size but no go. Either way lululemon or VS are not places I go to get a sports bra for high impact. I just order Panache’s sports bra…only thing that works for me.

• Mrs. O
      September 28, 2017 / 1:35 pm

FYI, Bare Necessities is having Friends and Family Sale (25% off) including Panache bras. Code is FF2017.

• Shadowy_lady
        September 28, 2017 / 1:42 pm

Ah, thank you. Will check it out now <3

• Runrunyogi
      October 2, 2017 / 1:06 am

Yes, Panache hands down!

5. Emily
    September 30, 2017 / 12:10 pm

I tried it on and really liked it. They had a promotion where you can get tights for $25 if you purchase the bra. The only reason I didn’t buy it was that I had just over-spent at Athleta.

6. Runrunyogi
    October 2, 2017 / 1:05 am

Whether they copied them or not, VS offers a larger selection of sizes than Lulu, not as many as Panache though. I’m also pretty sure I’ve seen the encapsulated cup option before. Other than their fabric, how is this bra innovative? I have not tried this bra, mainly because there are companies who specialize in bras that I think are more reliable because all of their resources are going into bras, and I’ve never been impressed with Lulu bras to begin with, so there is no way I’m going to pay over $100 while they try to break into this market (the Tara Tamer is a joke in my opinion– not meant to offend). I have options that I know work.

On a different note, I wish Lulu would make cute, low impact bras for large busts. Something that opens in the back, doesn’t come up to my chin or give me a uniboob.

• shadowy_lady
      October 2, 2017 / 7:15 am

Re – low impact bras for large boobs, have you tried Free to be Serene? I’m a 32G/H and wear the Serene size 6 to yoga. They are cute and I have 3 so far. I like that it’s cut a bit higher on the front. It does give me a bit of uniboob though. I just blame my boobs for that -_-

7. Jane
    October 2, 2017 / 3:31 am

It looks like you’ve got a Dick on your boobs though

• danika
      October 2, 2017 / 10:39 am

omg I need eye bleach now!! lol

• Lizz
      October 3, 2017 / 6:22 pm

I saw the exact same thing!

October 2, 2017 / 1:09 pm

A little update that some of you might find helpful- I purchased one of these today and I’m wearing it as I type this. Interestingly I paid 59.95 CAD plus tax (a little different than the CA price in the pic above!). I bought it in exactly the same size as my Enlite bra and so far they feel pretty much the same on. I haven’t worked out in the VS bra yet. I am usually completely loyal to Lululemon, and quite frankly would have paid the additional 40 dollars for a second Enlite bra, but there was no stock left online in my size – either online or in the store. Plus – the colour selection in the Enlite bra was all darks, and I am quite happy with the pale pink VS one I just bought.

• Emma
      November 20, 2017 / 12:43 pm

Super helpful, thank you! I’ve had the Enlite and loved it but haven’t been able to afford another.
      VS is doing 40% off all sports bras at the moment so it’s good to hear they fit about the same before I order.

August 20, 2018 / 9:54 pm

I have tried the VS version. Not nearly as supportive. I’m a 34DD. No way. Worth the extra for the original.