*Make sure to check out with EBATES online (referral commissions are earned) and take advantage of the apple pay to get your $25 gift card. Don’t forget the holiday return period is now in effect. You’ve got until January 8th to make returns.

A very unexciting upload today, but I expected that with Black Friday coming up. My store didn’t have any of this new product in which is why I didn’t get to do a store try on report this morning. I plan on blogging about Black Friday/Cyber Monday though.

I’m intrigued by the new merino wool pieces so I ordered them to check out. I wonder how they compare to the really high quality IceBreaker merino. The highlight of this Fall at Lululemon for me has been the casual wear merino wool pieces so I’d love to check out this new finer gauge knit meant specifically for athletic use. As much as Lululemon is trying to push the ‘innovation and fabric technology’, maybe they should focus on refining less innovative (yet highly functional) things like their natural fibres or their much beloved RULU. There have been so few traditionally RULU fabric pieces this winter and they are always hot sellers.

What is the deal with the ‘Land’s End’ pieces? Some of the jacket and vest shapes this season are just terrible.

Did you order anything? Did you check out with apple pay?

Cool Racerback II

Scuba Hoodie IV|⚟White and Black Cherry

No Chill Long Sleeve

Wander Jacket

No Chill Mock Neck

No Chill Short Sleeve

Going Places Vest

Yup. The places I am going in this thing is shopping at Land’s End with my mother in law.

Going Places Jacket

Fit Physique Pant

Deep Breath Tank

Cool Racerback II Deep Breath

Shakti Sherpa Snood

Shakti Sherpa Mittens, Toque and Infinity Scarf

Sculpt Tank II

1. November 22, 2016 / 11:47 pm

Do I spot a return of the tech mesh high times ?

November 23, 2016 / 12:24 am

ohh where did you spot them? do tell!

• November 23, 2016 / 12:55 am

The gray wander jacket on the Canada site. The full body shot definitely confirms these are tech mesh high times.

• November 23, 2016 / 12:58 am

Gray= heathered slate. 🙄

November 23, 2016 / 1:10 am

Hong Kong site has the tech mesh tights for sale

• November 23, 2016 / 1:19 am

👆🏼 nice catch. They're high rise wunder unders this time around. Wonder what the Can/US price will be if we get them. I think I paid 88$ or 98$ for the two pair I purchased 2 years ago. Lulu must know these sell for 150+ on resale sites so let's see how they roll with that… 🤔 I'm surprised they're actually bringing these back, an item a lot of people really wanted to buy.

November 23, 2016 / 2:27 pm

I'm anon 4:24. thanks reya! i have a pair of the wanderlust navy ones. not sure i will be getting these, the price will probably be very high and i prefer luxtreme anyways.

November 22, 2016 / 11:58 pm

Officially the worst upload ever in my book. Glad I've been spotting some good vintage on eBay. Sure, I'd rather have new, but not this. I never thought LL would make such boring, boxy, ugly, unflattering clothes. Never.

Sorry for the negative tone; I know we're all tired of complaining and reading complaints, but this … so, so bad.

November 22, 2016 / 11:58 pm

All of it depressing!

November 23, 2016 / 12:06 am

I'm just so sick of grey, black, or anything that looks like bordeaux drama. There's a few items I might be interested in if they were offered in nice colors. But enough with the black, grey and black cherry (bordeaux drama)!!!

November 23, 2016 / 12:06 am

So…a bunch of blandly colored, generic casual wear? Every upload just reads like an identity crisis to me, and increasingly the clothes give off a "someone that wants to look active" vibe rather than "someone that is active" vibe, which…ok, if you are selling athleisure as fashion first and for function second. I guess I was still laboring under the impression that Lululemon clothes were for actually doing things in, but it's increasingly hard to find items that meet even my basic needs when it comes to various fitness-related endeavors. I am willing to buy LLL items that are technical and/or can do double duty, but I'm not really interested in having an expensive but forgettable casual wardrobe from LLL, which more and more just seems like an overpriced 'lifestyle' brand. There are just simply better places to go for pieces that are better made and/or where price is more reflective of value. LLL clothes used to sell themselves because of amazing colors, fun details, and feminine fit, but everything has been so thoroughly downgraded or 'innovated' that, increasingly, the ONLY distinguishing feature is the logo.

I know I'm not really adding anything new to the conversation here, but today's upload really reinforced just how much LLL has pivoted away from what they originally were. It was fun to have this to get excited about while it lasted, and it is a shame that the brand hasn't retained much of anything about what made it so much fun in the first place. My money will be better spent elsewhere as long as this is LLL's trajectory.

• November 23, 2016 / 1:00 am

"expensive but forgettable casual wardrobe from LLL"

Exactly. I am increasingly looking on the BST boards for old items.

November 23, 2016 / 3:59 am

I agree anon 4:06. "Identity Crisis" I just can't believe the irony of all of this. Going from the strongest identity to virtually no identity visually without the logo. I am so sad about this too…..Criteria and Roots have gotten the bulk of my fall/winter spending this season whereas for the last 7 years it has practically been all LULU. Am simply going to enjoy the collection I have….

November 24, 2016 / 5:10 pm

Well said. I only ever bought for the technical aspect. I don't wear my Lulu for casual but for just working out in. That's not to say the occasional CRB doesn't make it in as a layering piece but 99% of my lulu wardrobe is for gym, running, weightlifting and hiking. The last year i've bought next to nothing and when I did buy it was the still functional tech pieces (swiftly tanks/tees (on sale, not at the new price!), speeds, pace rival crops) and literally zero of the new designed stuff.

More and more i'm heading toward other brands. Athleta makes both casual and tech pieces and they don't seem to have an issue putting out great pieces in both lines. The new Sculptex is amazing and Athleta pieces are finding their way into my closet pretty easily. Plus their return policy is great as is their customer service

6. November 23, 2016 / 12:09 am

It's so boring. Yet again. It's sad. I'm in mourning. I wish athletes would ship from Canada to Canada. So we don't get dinged by dollar and customs.

November 23, 2016 / 12:22 am

This is all so unbelievable. I have been waiting and waiting to do some shopping and here we are another upload and not a thing to buy. The Going Places pieces are so poorly designed, I wouldn't be caught dead in them. The No Chill pieces are just the Love Tees in Merino Wool, big deal. Where the heck is Lululemon in all of this??? I am not going to apologize for my negative review of these cloths. If Lululemon is determined to go in a design direction so far off LLL course then they should be prepared to hear what we think about it. Sad Sad Sad.

November 23, 2016 / 12:22 am

Aaaand Lululemon has turned into target.

November 23, 2016 / 1:08 am

pretty much : (

November 23, 2016 / 1:57 am

spot on….I totally agree with you. Echo everyone else, too. Depressing and sad, and boring and black and white and BOXY.

9. November 23, 2016 / 12:32 am

Light Locks Scrunchie, you're welcome for bringing this to your attention ; )

• November 23, 2016 / 5:29 am

Stocking stuffers….if it was 1985.

• November 23, 2016 / 4:51 pm

I bought one of the reflective scrunchies last time. I actually really love it–it's great for throwing up my hair when I'm hanging around the house. It's also a nice little reflective detail for running at night.

I just ordered three (one for me, two for gifts). I don't care if it isn't 1985 anymore. 🙂

November 23, 2016 / 7:57 pm

Same here emily! Scunchies are cute I like them, I don't care what year it is 🙂 Pretty much sums up my overall outlook on "fashion", haha, I just wear what I like 🙂

November 23, 2016 / 12:44 am

the website now shows the product pictures differently, kinda like old times! scrolling all the way down the page to see the reviews is no longer needed (yes i know that you can just click the star instead of scrolling).

November 23, 2016 / 1:07 am

Going places….yeah like to WMTM

November 23, 2016 / 1:19 am

lol!

November 23, 2016 / 3:24 am

LOL tooo hahaha

November 23, 2016 / 1:30 am

I am dying at the Lands End comparison because it is so true!!! That vest!!

November 23, 2016 / 1:56 am

LOVE that Toque. The only other thing I have to say is, HOLY CRAP their prices are out of control!

November 23, 2016 / 2:08 am

Going Places crap! I would never go anywhere wearing this line.

15. Michelle
    November 23, 2016 / 2:11 am

The Sherpa hood looks super cozy but these prices are crazy. I can wait for WMTM. In contrast to everyone's comments, I'm actually kind of enjoying the current climate. Things are lingering on WMTM so I actually have time to decide instead of pulling the trigger at light speed like we used to. There's also a much higher probability of things being marked down now, although admittedly the marked down prices are just the old prices.

November 23, 2016 / 2:15 am

I have a 25% one time friend and family R&D offer just waiting for me to use and there is simply NOTHING I want to buy. So disappointed. I used to purchase at least once or more a week! Can't remember the last time I was felt a need to rush to the store ��

November 23, 2016 / 2:31 am

Nothing for me from this upload. It's OT, but I still wanted to mention that I'm sure i am in the minority, but overall I'm pretty happy with LLL as it is right now. I discovered the brand in 1013 when according to many ppl it started loosing its charm. Im not sure how corrent offerings compare to what they used to make, but I saw some stuff on eBay and Posh and I wouldn't buy it. I do like trendy stylish gym clothes and I wear athleisure outside of the gym, so it seems to me they are aiming toward costumer like that. I think this year colors are great, Dusty Mauve, Nocturnal Teal, Rose Quartz. I love their Aligns and Nulux pants, they are not sheer on me. I'm getting tired of reading all the negativity and complaining. If you are that unhappy why not to move on to another brand.

November 23, 2016 / 2:37 am

because I am still hoping for a miracle, thats why I stick around…..

November 23, 2016 / 3:35 am

sorry not buying it, here we go with the fake commenters and "educators" saying how much they loooove the new designs. Darn right we are negative because the company has gone down the tubes. Used to be high quality, innovative, feminine designs that were made in CANADA, not Indonesia.

November 23, 2016 / 3:52 am

I'm anon 6:31. Well I guess if you are not complaining you are not welcomed here and an educator. How about different strokes for different folks?? Plus I suggested for those who are unhappy to move on to another brand. I don't think eds would do that

• November 23, 2016 / 4:12 am

Totally agree with you, anon 6:31. And no, I'm not an educator!

November 23, 2016 / 5:28 am

typical snooty reply from a Lulu cultist. We all know the type. Keep buying this crap, there's plenty of extra inventory for you to choose!

November 23, 2016 / 4:41 pm

if you are a long time lulu shopper than you know the difference between how it used to be and what they are producing now. if you only started buying the in the past 3-4 years then yes, you don't know any different and you think this is normal.
      it is not. at least not compared to how it used to be.

November 23, 2016 / 5:40 pm

Maybe a better way of saying it is that if you liked what they were doing a year or two ago, the current state may be your style, but if you want to go back to the days of bright colors, feminine prints, and details like ruching and lace, you're not going to like what's happening these days.

That said, the differences are more than a change in aesthetics. The company has almost completely eliminated all the nice special details while raising prices. They also seem to be cutting the clothes a little differently to appeal to more of the average height customer, whereas before they tended to favor the tall. Both of these may be smart business moves (time will tell if people will keep buying at these price points), but neither one is something I'm happy about.

I keep checking the uploads out to see whether there's any change in style or if they bring back any of the old designs I loved. I buy something from time to time, but it's rare.

November 23, 2016 / 3:06 am

My dear beloved Lululemon. How the hell did we end up here?! I can't.

November 23, 2016 / 3:33 am

So boring this week!! I'm increasingly annoyed that they continue to mix the previous weeks new items with this weeks.

Hoping for a good Black Friday markdown selection???

November 23, 2016 / 4:14 am

the lands end comparisons! Lulumum lo!!!!

November 23, 2016 / 5:01 am

When does the next upload come out? Thursday?

November 23, 2016 / 11:35 am

I don't mind all the dark colors but I don't like that you can't see details on pants in their pictures.

November 23, 2016 / 12:47 pm

I liked the no chill mock neck until I saw the price!

I've been wanting to place an order for a couple things for the past 3-4 weeks, but I keep waiting, hoping something cute will upload…

November 23, 2016 / 12:55 pm

To Anon 6:31pm You are doing exactly the same thing you accuse others of doing. You say you like what LLL has put out this year and then you slam the comments that differs from yours. Why can't you give your opinion of the cloths and leave it at that. Stop criticizing the ones who feel differently?

November 23, 2016 / 1:44 pm

LMAO at "going shopping with my M-I-L at Land's End". I am in love with the snood but not for $88. I would do like $48 maybe???

26. November 23, 2016 / 1:57 pm

I bought the Sherpa stuff 2 years ago,mittens and hat. Very very cozy warm. The threads on the mittens were unraveling but I tried to repair myself sewing they were $48 each quite an investment. Wish they made running gloves that were warm I'm gonna try athleta.

I ordered nothing the pants/crops look rather unflattering to me. I liked the models when I first started the addiction they were beautiful. They've never used models that looked athletic.
    I bought nothing everything looks blah. And when I wear the things I've bought recently I feel like a ninja.

November 23, 2016 / 5:04 pm

@anon 5:57AM 'And when I wear the things I've bought recently I feel like a ninja' – I am dying!!! LOL

November 23, 2016 / 2:33 pm

I just bought a Land's End vest for my MiL for Xmas…. Her favorite brand! LLM love your depiction.

As for Lulu, they have gotten no money from me this year except underwear…love the mula bandawear and the recent batch of printed fullux pants which were awesome.

November 23, 2016 / 3:04 pm

So so so boring. The mock neck looks like a Target top. Except I can get the Target top for $15 and it would serve the same purpose, i'd love it just as much and when i'm tired of it I don't worry about it going into a donation bag.

Unfortunately I fear Black Friday and Boxing Day markdowns will be all this stuff I would never buy at any price. I feel like the old lulu is now gone forever. Even if they see what they have now isn't working, fashion is a year ahead in design/sewing/shipping so this stuff we're seeing was designed last Fall/Winter and put into production. That means even if they realize there needs to be a change back, Summer is already on a boat being shipped or at the warehouse already and winter for next year is already in production. That means we won't see any changes (if any are put into play) for another year after that. Too long. They will lose their longtime customer base for the most part. I myself have started moving toward other brands and refocusing where my money goes (regular clothes, bank account) and heading towards Patagonia for my fluff jackets (awesome stuff!). It's sad on one hand but they kind of did it to themselves. Potdevin wasn't a good choice (hindsight is 20/20) and his choices for head designers was a poor one IMO. I'd love to see Chip buy back his company and bring it back to it's glory days (like how Steve Jobs did with Apple). One can always hope…..

November 23, 2016 / 5:06 pm

yes, we want Chip back!

November 23, 2016 / 5:45 pm

Agree that getting Chip back would be wonderful, but could he afford it? I'm not sure Kit and Ace is doing that well. Anyone know?

November 23, 2016 / 7:00 pm

Yes, I want Chip back too. He could resuscitate this company that lost contact with its core customers. I can just imagine how he feels as he's watching from the sidelines…
      Chip is rich, of course he could afford propping up LLL. I'm sure he does advise his family in the Kit and Ace business, but it's not his. That company is not doing too well, they had to let go a bunch of people not so long ago. If you think LLL is pricey, look at K&A's prices! I bought a couple of things from them on sale, but the light coloured tops are all see-through, and theres's only a hint of cashmere in them. To call their fabric "technical cashmere" is a travesty.
      6:13 had an interesting point. It was good to read a comment from someone who only started buying three years ago (I have been buying since 1999, so I witnessed all the ups and downs of LLL.) This is the kind of customer LLL is banking on, "unspoiled" by all the greatness this company once achieved, and not having any reference point to what they were capable of in their heydays. At some point we, the "oldies" will stop complaining and waiting for a miracle. We will stop purchasing too.
      Hopefully 6:13, and the customers who are like her, will keep buying still.

November 23, 2016 / 7:10 pm

Agreed Anon 11:00, I too have been buying since 1999. There is not an iota of the original Lululemon in any of these pieces except for the logo!
      Why do I keep coming back for more cause I'm loyal, stubborn and perhaps stupid enough to think maybe just maybe they'll be a change for the better.

November 23, 2016 / 8:16 pm

Who says Chip would be able to turn this all around… the clothes may have been better back then (in both design and quality) but who says that would change if he was in charge again… I would love to see old quality of fabrics (really miss the old school luon!) old quality of craftsmanship/manufacturing (seams and sewing quality) and feminine, cute, fun and yet functional designs again, but unfortunately I can't see this ever happening… What ticks me off most of all about all of this is that they continue to raise prices while at same time cutting costs left right and center and cheaping out any way they can, to me that just isn't acceptable. anon 11:10 is right the only thing Lululemon that is left of this company is the logo – nothing else. They should have just changed the name and started from scratch imo this is not Lululemon anymore…

November 23, 2016 / 11:03 pm

We all understand that in order to make shareholders happy companies need to keep their costs down and profits high. Why couldn't they have continued with designs and details we all have come to love and expect and just raised the prices. As Anon 12:16pm stated and I totally agree, they have cheapened their designs, stripped away the details and slapped on ridiculously high prices. As if this wasn't bad enough, they discontinued classics that were staple pieces in my wardrobe. So not only do I not like the majority of new stuff, I can't even buy the old stuff I loved so much. As so many have said in numerous posts here over the past year, LLL designs are no longer recognizable without the logo and that is so true. So yeah I am ticked to put it mildly.

November 23, 2016 / 3:41 pm

I got a special shopping invite for my local store here in Dallas. That's the second in about 2 months. They must really be needing to move some product. I didn't even bother reading the email too closely- I'm definitely not interested. This product is not appealing any more. It's somehow getting worse and worse every upload. It's like someone said, "let's try to copy helmut lang, but in a super cheap way and with no style!" Meanwhile even more mainstream companies like Saucony and Brooks (in a big way!) are stepping up their game. I got the Brooks catalog yesterday and I found a ton of things I like. Bandier and Carbon38 are also new go-tos. I haven't bought ANYTHING lulu all year except for some Run Times shorts over the summer. I come here for the community- definitely not for Lulu. (Sorry if this is negative- I know many have commented on the negativity…. it's just like i can't help myself with all of this garbage!) 🙁

30. November 23, 2016 / 4:46 pm

I ordered three scrunchies (one for me, two as Christmas presents). I also finally ordered some brushed Speed Tights because mine are too small now. That's it. There is nothing exciting right now. And I usually go overboard during the fall/winter offerings. 🙁

November 23, 2016 / 10:16 pm

Chip can afford anything! Lol

November 23, 2016 / 11:12 pm

I can't wait to see the comments when the financials come out in December.