by Cristina

Lululemon X SoulCycle Upload

January 21, 2019

Early upload today! Three different uploads in one actually; the Lululemon X SoulCycle capsule, the Lululemon Lunar New Year upload (covered that in my post last week so won’t add it here, but it’s available to the public now) and a mini regular upload. I’m excited about the Lululemon X SoulCycle Capsule. I just really love the overall aesthetic of the capsule and how it combines edgy with fun.

I’ve noticed Lululemon is doing a lot more branded fitness collaborations which is such a smart move. Branded fitness apparel is really huge in the retail community and anything that is SoulCycle, Peloton, Functional 45 etc etc. sells extremely well. Partnerships with these brands really put Lululemon in context with an affluent fitness oriented shopper who’s attention many high end fitness brands are competing for.

To The Beat Tight Reflective 24″
lululemon X SoulCycle

I ordered this pair in the obsidian black because I have an undying love for splatter prints, and they are made of my favorite Lululemon material Everlux. They are way overpriced but because of the print + the neutral grey/black and because of the material I held my nose at the price.

To The Beat Tight Reflective 24"  lululemon X SoulCycle
To The Beat Tight Reflective 24"  lululemon X SoulCycle

To The Beat Sweatshirt
lululemon X SoulCycle

Oooh I really love this one too. This is so motocross inspired with the articulated sleeve and the high collar. I have an Adidas sweatshirt that I’m obsessed with that is part of a motocross capsule and it has the exact same articulated arm and high crew neck collar. I may need to splurge on this.

To The Beat Sweatshirt  lululemon X SoulCycle

Ride & Reflect Jacket
To The Beat Tee
Ride & Reflect Jacket
To The Beat Sweatshirt
Ride & Reflect Tight
Ride & Reflect Tight

38 responses to “Lululemon X SoulCycle Upload”

I cannot bear the price of to the beat tight reflective 24’’ in everlux, $148 is way too much!

Nothing cute. Nothing if interest. I’m sad.

3. Sarah G says:

I’m confused with the Lunar capsule…how is the black energy bra “lunar”? It looks just like a regular energy bra.

I don’t share your enthusiasm for the SoulCycle Collection. I am happy for you, not your wallet, that they offer the tights in a splatter pattern, knowing how much you love splatter! Sometimes when you love something enough the price tag doesn’t matter, been there done that.

The So Sherpa Jacket is a miss for me. It is extremely short but it’s those pockets in the shiny fabric that ruins it more for me, especially on the gorgeous green one. They did the same thing on the fleece jacket out a few months ago where they put this shiny/glossy fabric on the shoulders and part way down the arms. It was no surprise that jacket ended up in WMTM and was there for months.
    It looks like my no buy January is not in jeopardy. I really like the Love Tee Crew in Graphite Purple but there is no rush to buy now.

• Danika says:

those pockets are hideous. and the placement/shiny fabric is so wrong. looks like you have dropped boobies, lol

• anonymous says:

Totally agree with you about the SoulCycle Capsule. What a total bust and too much $$ on top of it all. I know SoulCycle is big but just not sure there are enough people that would buy into this capsule. I know those will sit at my store or go quickly to the MD rack since there isn’t a SoulCycle within an hours drive or longer.

The Sherpa Jacket is awful!

Cannot remember the last time I actually liked something enough to buy.

Terrible all around!

I am also unenthused. The only thing I find cute is the striped Love Tee but I won’t be rushing out to buy it.

I also feel the prices are ridiculous.

7. Wei says:

Thank you for being so on top of things! I bought the Lunar NY bag and bottle to try. I am also intrigued by the muscle and high/low tanks.

This was a disappointing upload for me. I don’t understand the whole Soulcycle thing. There are no Soulcycle studios near me and I don’t do spin classes so I’m not sure why I would want workout gear that’s branded that way.
    The Lunar capsule was not of interest, either. I was hoping for the pretty prints that were released on the Hong Kong site, but no such luck.
    The only thing I have picked up over the last couple of weeks is the Toasty Tech tights on WMTM.
    For me, 2019 has been a bust for Lululemon thus far.

• LZ says:

Agreed! I understand selling branded merch at a Soulcycle studio, but not on LLL’s site. That would be like LLL x Planet Fitness (no hate–just an example). It’s applicable to such a small demographic that it doesn’t make sense to me.

I’ve been needing a new pair of black aligns, so I picked up the lunar capsule version today.

9. shadowy_lady says:

Ok, this new Sherpa jacket has one of the ugliest designs I have ever seen. It looks pretty bad on the model so I can imagine how horrible it would look on my busty figure -_-

I’m no a spinner anyway (I may go to spin class once a month) so I am not into SoulCycle collection. I also didn’t like what they did with Lunar year stuff this year. I much preferred last year’s red and black theme.

All this is good for me and my wallet though. We are travelling a lot this year so more money for that.

10. Bootsgirl says:

I also bought the lunar tote and love the Suminagshi print Half Zip in serene blue First Lab item I have purchased!

Why would they do this? Honestly not everyone cares for Soul Cycle. I don’t even know if there are any in Canada. Total miss here.

12. Jen says:

I bought the new sonic pink free to be serene. Still waiting for a pretty teal color to be released. That’s the only lulu bra I like!

I like the cameo color, I wish they had more than just a couple Soulcycle items in it.

14. Justme says:

I’m with everyone wondering how a metallic logo makes tights “Lunar.” They’re blatantly ripping off Athleta now, in particular the Chakra Tights and Barre Rib/Elation Hybrid Tights. I like some of the new colors from the Soul Cycle line but everything is a hard pass, especially those tops. All I can say is that after their website decided to flag all my credit cards as “fraudulent” and they asked me to provide the back pages of my bank/credit card statements (redacted) via non-secure email to confirm my identity (at what, $4000-5000 later), Lulu has definitely lost a customer. These uploads are not making it difficult to stick to my guns. Too bad though, I really miss their educators! I might continue to visit them just to say hi! And of course I’ll still visit your site Cristina! You’ve turned me on to many new brands I now love!

• Virginia says:

So glad it’s not just me on the credit cards on their site. SO sick of it. I’ve bought $1000s from their website and this how they treat customers?

15. Spidermobilegirl says:

I couldn’t help it…..bought the Lunar New Year red Scuba. I’m not crazy about the huge LULULEMON logo but the colour…….the red is brilliant! I just hope that the colour is that true vibrant red!

• Anonymous says:

I’m so tempted by that red scuba too! Once you receive your order can you comment if the red is like the vibrant red in the pictures? It’s so hard to tell from the website pictures lately!!

16. m says:

I like a couple of the soulcycle pieces, but I have never been to soul cycle (there’s no studios within 500 miles of where I live) and I’m a peleton girl. I would MAYBE buy a lulu x peleton item, or i would have maybe bought an item from this capsule if it wasn’t branded SOULCYCLE down the leg, for example. This is kind of a niche/miss for me.

Cristina, I’m thinking of ordering a pair of “In movement” leggings. I know that I like the fabric, but I have two questions about this particular style:

1). What is the waistband like? Is it similar to Aligns, Fast and Frees, or All the Right Places?

2) Is it TTS? (The only pant I size down for is Aligns because of the waistband and material).

Thanks for all you do!

• Cristina says:

It’s a lot closer to the aligns. The Fast & Frees constantly want to slip down on me.
      They are TTS for me but if you size down in aligns you may want to consider sizing down in these. The opacity should be the same.

I hope that helps! Thanks for reading.

18. Anon says:

I for one HATE soul cycle! I live in NYC and there are many many studios. It’s the most assanine method of indoor cycling. I took 5 classes about 2 years ago. I’m a cyclist and competed for my college. Since I love cycling, I thought it would be a good idea to take classes with my busy work and grad school schedule. That was a mistake.

19. Samantha says:

I don’t understand why an indoor cycling capsule would be marketed for its reflectivity. I know you can use it outside obviously, but it seems a little odd. That being said, I do like the splatter print but not for $148!

• Anon says:

I plan on wearing them to run outside as well as indoor workouts. The tights are very comfortable and different from all my other boring tights from lululemon

20. anon says:

I wondered if the Soulcycle capsule wasn’t a bit of an eff you to the Wilson fam, since JJ owns ride cycle…