Such great news! Lululemon Leggings Available in Plus Size now! Here are all of the Lululemon items currently available in size 14. Lululemon has been flirting with size 14 over the past few months with the occasional size 14 black Lululemon legging. The size has frustratingly been constantly out of stock. Over the past few weeks, I’ve been seeing more and more core items being stocked on upload in size 14. A jacket even comes in size 14 now! I was so excited to see the recent upload of the new Rain Rules Jacket and Incognito Camo Scuba Hoodie.

Shop Lululemon Plus Size Items

Lululemon Wunder Unders Size 14
Lululemon Scuba Hoodie
Rain Rules Jacket
Lululemon Define Jacket
All The Right Places

Back in the day…

Lululemon used to offer size 14 back pre-2011 when I started blogging but the size was quickly eliminated, and size 12’s were reduced to just a few units and hidden away. This is a long overdue step forward for Lulemon in inclusivity. Lululemon has always been seen as a more elitist aspirational brand with a specific body type showcased on their website, and in their ambassador community. The truth is the majority of women fall on the outskirts of Lululemon’s size chart, either petite or plus size, or curvy petite proportions.

Limiting their size ranges in favor of such a narrow aesthetic has always been a self-limiting business decision. The female athlete comes in all shapes and sizes and if brands want to be seen as THE technical athletic apparel brand to go to,  and not just a yoga brand, this step is necessary.  It’s economical to have a narrower size run, and that is why larger sizes and petite sizes are ignored by smaller retailers. With Lululemon beating estimates quarter after quarter, there is no excuse now. I know I want to see this body acceptance from Lululemon.

I have floated between size 8-12 in Lululemon but I have always felt like I’m not their ‘ideal’ customer despite the fact that I consider myself an athlete. I have run multiple half marathons including Seawheeze 3 times, I have crossfitted 5 days a week, I Olympic Weightlift and I’ve done yoga, all wearing Lululemon. I have never looked like Ocean. In fact, there are no Oceans at my gym. As a blogger that covers Lululemon, I’ve always felt like more of a nuisance to their image. Do we have to excuse ourselves as ‘at the start of my weight loss journey’ to be accepted into an activewear store?

The New Standard In Activewear

Lululemon is unfortunately not trailblazing in this market space for activewear. Nike has a plus size offering with a full plus size range which debut in March of last year. Nike has 81 items available in women’s plus size, with its own dedicated section on their website. Underarmour sizing goes to XXL for women, Adidas goes from 2x Small to 2XL. Smaller niche brands like Carbon38 go to XL, and K-Deer goes to 4XL

I hope starting with the core items in size 14 is just the beginning for Lululemon, and that they will have a more inclusive size run with the success of these items. As a result of the high demand for size 14, the size is selling out each upload. 14 is just the beginning of the plus size activewear size range. I hope they will also have a petite range too! Lululemon currently has an ‘Asia Fit‘ range for their Asian market.

Lululemon should embrace plus sized athletes in their marketing efforts and look to Serena Williams as an example. We need to see muscular, athletic, petite, curvy petite, plus size, tall and short women included on their website and especially within their ambassador community. I want to see size 14 models showing those size 14 items. It just feels better as a consumer when the size you are buying is being represented somewhere on the site, even if it’s not specifically the item you are purchasing.

I was so pleased to see that the Sweaty Betty merino joggers I’ve been coveting come in short and tall versions. I reviewed the regular length here but I want the short ones which is why I didn’t buy them during the NSALE. I’m so used to making due with pants that are too long, or cropped pants that fit like pants that I don’t even look for short length. It feels so exciting when something you try on fits you just right.

What do you guys think?

Lululemon Define Jacket
All The Right Places
Lululemon Scuba Hoodie Incognito Camo in size 14

Lululemon Asia Fit

Lululemon Asia Fit

September 2, 2018 / 7:14 am

I was surprised to learn that Lululemon only carried up to a size 12 in women’s clothing. I think of sizes up to 16 as standard and plus sizes starting at 18.

I find it interesting that the men’s sizes go up to XXL and a 40 inch waist. Apparently “Duke” doesn’t have the size restrictions that “Ocean” has.

Hopefully Lululemon will continue to make efforts to be more size inclusive.

September 2, 2018 / 8:43 am

I wish Lululemon (among other clothing companies) offered petite sizes. Not all of us are blessed with height. Athleta has a nice selection of petites which is especially helpful to me for pants.

I have noticed that my Mizuno running shirts are labeled as M and also Asian L.

You are correct, so many of us don’t fit the narrow straight size chart.

3. Amy
    September 2, 2018 / 12:28 pm

I wish Lululemon offered more tall, petite and plus sizes. I’m none of these, but there’s no reason to be so restrictive. I’m a little confused with the headline–is 14 considered plus-sized? I had always thought plus started at 18? I could be wrong about that.

• Cristina
      Author
      September 2, 2018 / 1:10 pm

I did a bit of research online and it really varies. There is no standardized sizing amongst brands. In some cases 14 is the beginning of plus size, and in other cases size 16 is. That brings the other issue. Regular brands go from 2-12, and in some cases, size 4-10 only, and if plus sizes start at 16 or 18….what happens to size 12 and size 14’s? I find this especially the case with jeans and contemporary brands.

• Amy
        September 2, 2018 / 5:12 pm

Cristina–thanks for your thoughtful reply!

• Cristina
          Author
          September 2, 2018 / 10:15 pm

You are so welcome! Always!

4. Susie
    September 3, 2018 / 3:44 pm

I hope Lululemon will go back to offering longer leggings too! I am tall and they used to offer a great selection in 31”. Now, everything comes in 28” which is just too short for me. In fact, I have not bought any new leggings since they made the change. Fingers are crossed and thank you for your update!

• anonymous
      September 4, 2018 / 7:54 am

SAME! What brought me to Lululemon in the first place was that I could buy crops that were actually crops on me and not bermuda shorts! With a 33″ inseam, it’s hard enough to find regular pants long enough much less great technical gear long enough. When I want to wear tights, 26″ doesn’t cut it and, initially, the speed tights came in a 30″ length which worked as they’d stretch those 3″ I needed and did stay down at the ankle. Inspire crops/Pace Rival crops were my standard purchases because they would actually be long enough to go below my knees and stay there! Still my faves. But lately, not a single jogger (totally crop length on me..grrr) to be found in a long length. But…I will say that I LOVE the new Dance Studio Crop as they went from the old 19 1/2″ inseam to 25″ inseam so they are perfect on me and along with the new modern cut, i’ll be loading my closet with this staple item again.

5. Anonymouse
    September 3, 2018 / 7:49 pm

What the heck?! They have petit sizes in Asia but not in Canada? How many years have people been asking for Lulu to do petit sizes here? If I lived I Asia I wouldn’t have pants that were too long in the leg.