by Cristina

New Lululemon Skincare! Lululemon Self Care

October 16, 2018

Lululemon has come up with more surprises this week! Lululemon Skincare! A new self-care line is being released. The Lululemon Self Care includes deodorant, dry shampoo, cleanser, moisturizer, and balm. With my favorite skincare brand Deciem imploding last week, this is a very timely release. Lululemon Self Care competes with CliniqueFit, Clinique’s specialty line of gym makeup and skincare. This is such a niche category for skincare that I anticipate we will be seeing many more established mainstream skincare brands creating similar lines. It’s interesting to me that of the huge lineup of CliniqueFit products the only ones that compete with Lululemon Self Care Products are the dry shampoo and moisturizer.  This was a very smart move from Lululemon having their products not compete and instead compliment the lineup.

What do you guys think? Will you be trying the Lululemon Self Care line? I’m very wary about marketing in skincare and am a pretty savvy (nerdy) when it comes to ingredients and formulation, so while I’m curious to try this I’m not sure it will replace my holy grails in the moisturizer/cleanser category, or the dry shampoo. I’m very excited to try the lip balm though.

How do you use your post workout products? I keep face wipes in my gym bag and wash my face at the sink in the gym, but then I come straight home and shower and use my regular products.

The products are being launched in just a few test markets today. The Toronto store, Chicago and just a few others. No word yet on availability online or price points.

Anti-Stink Deodorant

PRincipal Dancer Sweater
Principal Dancer Hoodie
Principal Dancer Corsetry Tight
Principal Dancer Skirt
Principal Dancer Jumpsuit

Shop CliniqueFit Makeup

22 responses to “New Lululemon Skincare! Lululemon Self Care”

1. shadowy_lady says:

I’m curious about this too. I am also very picky with skincare but my post gym routine is very minimalist. If I go to the gym after work (during the week), I just go home, shower and do my normal face/body routine after.

During the weekends though I bring my shower and body stuff. I don’t currently use anything “fitness” specific; I use Lush Dry Shampoo and their Sympathy for the Skin moisturizer. I also have a tub of the glowy Glamglow moisturizer specifically for my gym bag.

• Cristina says:

My current Lush favorite is the strawberry shave cream. That stuff is amazing! I love the body powder too. My dry shampoo is Living Proof but I don’t use it often.

The one product I NEED is mascara that won’t smear. I have tried all kinds of waterproof mascara brands from inexpensive to expensive and every single one smears on me and I end up with raccoon eyes.

• Joanna says:

I hear ya, this is completely me!

• Ashleigh says:

Have you tried Blinc Amplified Mascara. That whole line uses ‘tubing’ technology. It’s not going to give you dramatic fake eyelash effect, but if you want a standard mascara that is 100% won’t smudge or budge, this is it. You don’t need eye makeup remover to take it off either – just warm water and your fingers and the ‘mascara tubes’ just slide off.

• Anonymous says:

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try. ?

• Mrs. P says:

I agree – tube mascara is the best for avoiding raccoon eyes. I find the waterproof formulas still give me smudging – I believe it’s due to my oily skin.
        I use L’Oreal Million Lashes, but I might try the Blinc brand.

3. TS says:

I’m curious if this line is cruelty free. I see the products are made in the US.

4. anon says:

Eh, ok….It sounds nice and all, but I wish Lulu would invest that money into better design and innovation, keeping up with trends and redesign of old classics, and oh gee, a complete overhaul of the website, which sucks. They can’t even handle that, let alone dive into a cosmetics line of which I wouldn’t trust them anyway. Concept is good, but stick with what you know, Lulu

5. Anon says:

Um, just no. My skincare is very basic, even cheap. Cerave, Aquaphor, a little oil in the winter….. what the dermatologist recommended since my skin is sensitive. I still manage to pass for 5-8 years younger than I am. I’d rather grab my deodorant at the supermarket as all the ingredients are the same….. at least until I find a natural alternative that works. For dry shampoo I use something scent free and cheap, or make my own. I understand there’s a huge market and ton of money to be made but why cheapen yourself Lulu. I won’t be trying unless my gym stocks the deodorant/dry shampoo in the locker room. A definite no in the moisturizer.

6. M says:

This is available at the Fashion Island store today.

7. Molly S. says:

I’m definitely interested in the Lululemon skin care line, although I would probably try Clinique first if anything! I’m pretty low maintenance myself — I just pack face wipes in my gym bag for immediately after working out and then use my regular products once I’m home. Tarte does have an “athleisure” skincare line which is a similar vibe but less of the actual skin products and more makeup type stuff:

8. Jess says:

Have you tried RMS makeup? I have redness/Rosacea issues with my
    Skin, and since switching to rms from Bobbi brown my skin is SO happy! Just wanted to pass it along, as I know you’re very into skincare and makeup.

• Cristina says:

I haven’t but I’ve seen it in a couple stores and have been super curious about it. Thanks so much for recommending it. I’m always looking for makeup that covers my rosacea without looking caked on or highlighting skin texture. What products do you love from RMS? next time I see it I’ll pick up your recommendation.

• Jess says:

I LOVE the un cover up! And their powders are the finest I have ever used. The palette is super fun to try out the various other things, and I just ordered the cake eye liner and blush brush. I’ll let you know how they work out. I think you will Love the un cover up. It’s the most natural looking product I’ve used and my skin is so happy

9. Emma says:

So interesting! How did you hear about this Cristina? I haven’t seen anything online about it being sold in Toronto or Chicago!