by Cristina

Lululemon Upload

September 18, 2018

Nothing for me today. This upload is pretty light but I suspect that’s a very good thing for those of you traveling here to Vancouver for Seawheeze over the next few days. I’m really excited to see my friends traveling into town for this race. That’s the best part! Both the race and the showcase store should be a piece of cake this year after all the Seawheeze lottery and wristband stress that’s been going on. I hope it’s better organized next year.

Did you order anything today? Are you a Seawheeze runner that experienced wristband and store sign up stress? What do you plan on getting from the showcase store? Here is a refresher of what we will be seeing from Seawheeze on Friday.

Oooh I almost forgot to mention! My sneakers arrived yesterday. I am so in love with how they look and can’t wait to share them with you guys! I hope to have a post up tomorrow, but truthfully I won’t be able to get to the gym until Thursday (I know it’s going to be burpees that day and a lot of jumping) to try them on for an actual workout and I can’t wait to share them with you so I’m just going to do two posts – one to show them, and then a second to review their performance.

Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve

Love Crew Fade
Love Crew Fade
Unwind Your Mind Dress
The Rain Is Calling Jacket II
Love Crew International Women’s Day
Noir Crop
catch a moment zip up hoodie
always effortless jacket
Uncaged Bra
Fast and Free 7/8 Pant II
On Pace Crop
Wunder Under Pant Hi-Rise 7/8 Tight
Sculpt Tank II

Shop The Lululemon Stylists Shoe Picks

52 responses to “Lululemon Upload”

1. Charlotte says:

That model is on the UK site too, I nearly made an order just on the grounds that I could see what I’d look like in their pants rather than what someone 3 sizes smaller with a different body type looks like. I really hope they use her more! I can’t believe Lulu is actually using larger models! Hoorah!

• Sara says:

It’s not the first time. They’ve used another model with similar body shape a few months back. She’s still sprinkled around the site.

• Charlotte says:

Ah I hadn’t seen the other model before, maybe she’s not on the UK site or I just missed her. It’s dangerous using models who look like me though as I am now way more likely to buy stuff!

• Emily says:

That model is fantastic! And she looks happy, which is a bonus considering so many of them look grumpy.

2. Joanna says:

I don’t see anything uploaded yet.

3. Sara says:

I remember seeing that model and CRB last week somewhere. I think it was UK site.

Any tuck & flows yet? lol. Why is LLL still uploading summer stuff?

4. Anita says:

I wanted to give a heads up about this year’s ready to rulu pants in black. My pants arrived today. They are EXTREMELY Thin, like they are half the normal thickness of the previous two years rulu pants. I compared them with my 5 previously purchased pairs. I am so disappointed since they have been my favourite pants since baserunners were discontinued. The quality of Lululemon just keeps getting worse and worse.

• Des says:

I ordered as well, they are very thin so I sent them back.

• Shadowy_lady says:

That’s too bad. I have a pair from 2 years ago (black pair) that are nice and thick. I wear them through winter on my way out of them gym. I was going to order another pair but I will hold off.

I like the shade lemon ice so I ordered a CRB in it. That’s about it

• Anonymous says:

I wonder if it’s just the solid black that are thin and the heathered are thicker? I bought heathered blue last year, my first pair, and they are thick. I won’t be ordering anymore though as I find them too high waisted and as soft and comfy as the material is, the fit just doesn’t work for me.

I am not impressed with anything in this drop. The Lab collection reminds me of Juicy Sweat Outfits from years ago. The material in these pics actually looks like velour to me! Someone else here mentioned the material is rayon which I find surprising they would choose this fabric. Isn’t rayon a dry clean fabric or else hand wash? It also tends to bleed and shrink. I have never been into their Lab pieces and these ones are no exception, extremely boring designs.

I returned the High Lines Pullover from last weeks drop. I didn’t like the fit and the pockets in front bulge out quite a bit as the cut is slim fitting.

• Kristy says:

The heathered ones are thinner than last years as well. I bought the black b/c I actually loved the thinner fabric.

• suebee says:

I totally agree on the velour look as well as the problem with the high-rise on the rulu pants. I so miss the base runner pants from several years ago…

• Anonymous says:

It’s good to know I am not alone in not liking the fit of the Ready to Rulu joggers. There has been so much positive hype over the years about them so I finally decided to check them out. You don’t realize when you first try them on that the waist is really high because you position them where they feel comfortable when in a dressing room. Only when you wear them for a while does the waist band move up and before you know it they are eating your butt and the waistband is really uncomfortable sitting up so high. As much as I love the fabric I just can’t wear them anymore so I am going to sell them.

5. Charlotte says:

I can’t see anything new on the app or website.

6. Joanna says:

The lab stuff is horrendous. Pretty boring upload. Canada nor US got the camo fast and free tights that have been popping up in stores in the US. Pretty bummed, but hoping they will appear on another upload.

• Runrunyogi says:

There are camo Fast & Frees???? I might need to track those down. I don’t like the Speed Up line.

• Rise and Shine says:

Ditto on Lab. The only decent item (imho) are the WUPs, which are crazy overpriced. Maybe they’re better in person, but they look like the regular Shibori ones, just in Luxtreme instead of Luon. I don’t get it.

I am really liking the Wildwood print, but nothing it’s made in yet.

I’m loving the sunny yellow, but nothing it’s made in yet.

It’s terrific to see Zing Pink back, but I already have a LS Swiftly in it.

Lulu is definitely on the upswing – light years better than this time last year – but I’m still having trouble finding things I like. Maybe I’m still judging them by Old Lulu standards, and I just need to give that up.

• Anonymous says:

I agree Lulu is better now than a year ago but have trouble finding things I like. I can’t get over though how many jackets and hoodies are all so similar and have been for a long time. At least they are making some things a little longer in length but I am still finding most things too short. I am also not able to replenish some staples, i.e. DSP due to change in fit. About all I can replenish are Swiftlies. I still hold them to the standards of years past especially in jackets and I don’t think I can give that up.

7. Runrunyogi says:

It’s nice they are offering Lab items online now, however Lulu needs to come back to reality. That wrap is just a longer version of Athleta’s Pranayama Wrap in Lab fabric and at more than double the cost. Btw, highly recommend the Athleta wraps. The Mink Berry/Black WUs are tempting even at that price….. except I’d bet money they’re lined in white which is still a total deal breaker. I like the new colors the Extra Mile line has come out in and would like to try the vest, I don’t need a second $200+ jacket though. A couple of their new jackets are quite cute. This week, the In Movement Tights in Thunder Blue are calling to me but I’ll probably only purchase the Emerald LS in white. Love my staples!

• amy says:

Thanks for your thoughts—I see what you mean about the wrap. $188 seems out. rage. ous. I can see that the Cupro is a fuzzier fabric –the description box says suede-like. Does anyone know what this fabric is made from? I saw another pic on Lululemon Lab’s instagram which looked nice. But I’m dying at that price for such a casual piece.

I mean, I’ve paid more than that for a blazer. But is this Lab wrap going to feel luxe or cheap, I guess is my question.

• Cristina says:

Don’t be fooled by the fancy name. Cupro is rayon made to look like silk. It’s manufactured in Japan and is a relatively new weaving technique to make it have that sueded silk look. You can find Cupro items at H&M, Zara and Aritzia very easily.

• Emily says:

I have Athleta’s Pranayama wrap in multiple colors! It is a steal, even at full price!

8. Runrunyogi says:

I amend my previous statement. Found a store with the camo F&F and ordered them. Yay!

9. LS says:

Another week and I remain convinced that Lululemon has moved in a direction that I’m not interested in from this brand. Saw something I actually considered for the first time in months – the Lab joggers – but I’m not paying $168 for Lululemon lounge pants, and especially not ones made from cupro (rayon). Why do they price everything like they invented these fabrics? Joggers in rayon from comparable brands are easily 1/3-1/4 of the cost of these.

10. leesbee says:

Again, all I wanted was a tuck and flow shirt. I really want to see some stripes! Nothing for me

• Rise and Shine says:

I’m so with you on the stripes! I really don’t care if they’re trendy or not. I don’t have time for trends; I just want some cheerful workout clothes.

• Holly says:

I ended up ordering a tuck n flow from the Australian website then had it shipped to an Australia mail office then to me in Canada 🙂 was really wanting the striped tuck n flow forever !! Surprisingly it came within a week and was super affordable!

• Dee says:

Did you have to contact the Aussie mail
        Office beforehand to arrange to have it shipped here?

• Holly says:

yes- it is called SOS Mail – you sign up for an account online (free) and you receive an email with an address where you can send your package – then simply order from the AUS website and use the address given – you receive an email from SOS advising you once the package arrives at their office – then you pay for shipping (you chose between AUS mail, courier- they advise you of cost) then they ship to you! super easy and FAST!

11. Looloo says:

The lab items are hideous and outrageously priced. Stick to technical pieces. Nothing again this upload. But i am looking forward to sw merchandise so thats ok…fun prints and colours.

12. Merrly says:

I got the Camo festival bag right away! Otherwise, nothing else. The lab pieces are so overpriced.

13. Sarah G says:

The color mish-mash pastels, olives, and muted jewel tones. There is no palette that makes any sense. The stark contrast between Athleta or Alo Yoga where colors harmonize is in stark contrast to this “nails on a chalkboard” clash of colors and patterns; layer on the styling and it just comes off wrong to me

• Anonymous says:

Absolutely agree with you. The colours are all over the place and the styling is really bugging me now to where I find it hard to even look at the pics.

14. LZ says:

I ordered the jade grey it’s a tie tank. I’m a sucker for green-greys and might need the misty meadow define as well.

My pocketbook is safe AGAIN this week. The lab stuff (except for the bra and WUs) look so baggy and unappealing and are way too pricey. And the cypress kiss half zip has some ruching that makes the model look like she has really saggy boobs. ? But I did like that LLL included models that wear sizes larger than a “4”.

16. Samantha says:

There are a few things I like this upload (NOT the lab items… ugly!). Green jasper is a beautiful color, the Cypress Kiss 1/2 zip (although while I like how they are using different models, that model is soo slouchy that ALL clothes look terrible on her), the Ready to Rulu joggers in the purple color, and the Front of the Pack 1/2 zip.

Nothing for me though as I’m eyeing staples like dark olive lux WUC and OTF pants. And those camo F&Fs i’m reading about above might win me over. Too bad they’re so pricey! But I adore nulux.

And it’s nice to see the new size 14 model. Most of the models are absolutely rail thin.

Does anyone know what the earliest time was to sign up for the Seawheeze showcase store?

18. Anon says:

the LAB crap is so fug! They are so depressing looking and drab. NO THANK YOU!

19. Breanna says:

I feel like the colours are really odd right now. Why are pale pinks and pale yellows still showing up? Those feel much more suited to spring/summer than fall. I’d love some more rust oranges, sunflower type yellows, etc.

• Rise and Shine says:

They’re trying to sell the same product in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres. I guess the efficiencies they gain by that approach outweigh lost sales. I hate it, personally.

20. Susie says:

I tempted with the Wildwood Multi/Nocturnal Teal print.
    The Front of the Pack Half Zip is pretty.

I’m holding out hope that they will upload Wunder Unders in Mini Obscurred Black/Dusty Mauve or the Wunder Under High Rise Mesh in Color Crush

Does anyone know what color the All the Right Places pant is? It’s shown with the new Black ‘Free to Be Serene Bra *High Neck’?

21. Jenny L says:

Did anyone notice the Festival bag (this week’s upload) in Woodland Camo Gator Green Dark Olive. I wonder if we will be getting any Camo Gator Green in other stuff? 🙂

22. Corrie says:

I’m impatiently awaiting more flowerescent print items arrrrghhh!!! I literally bought the headband just to stave my need for it a little. Didn’t really help because I just want it mooooore. And I was considering the front of the pack 1/2 zip in that print but I really want tights in it so I didn’t want to buy a top in it too. It had better drop next upload!!!? I an not even letting myself waste money on WMTM this week because I NEED more floral tights asap.