Happy boxing day! Do any of you brave the sales and head out to the malls for boxing day? I head out each year since my parents give me money as a Christmas gift with the expectation that it will be spent on Boxing Day. My dad writes me a cute little note with it that says ‘this will go further for you if you spend it on Boxing Day. Enjoy!’  Usually I head to lululemon and the mall, but since this years Lululemon boxing day sale was a bust and there where no items that interested me I journeyed out to Nordstrom instead. I had in mind that I wanted Ugg slippers and I also wanted to try and find a Rail shirt on sale since I’ve been after one forever. When I first got there they only had dark blues and reds in the rail shirts and I really wanted a neutral so before I left I decided to try the racks again and low and behold I found one!

If you’ve never tried Rail shirts before, give them a try. I love the look of soft plaid shirts but they never look right on me. They are usually too boxy and overwhelming, or cut way too narrow for me. The Rail shirts though are loose and feminine fitting and incredibly soft. I’m so excited to finally have a nice soft plaid shirt. I think these look really nice as a dressed up casual look, dressier than jeans and a tee shirt but not quite dressed up.

other things I saw on sale at Nordstrom that tempted me where these Rag & Bone Harrow Boots, and this Zella jacket.

PSA:*Make sure to check out with EBATES online (referral commissions are earned). 6% cash back at Nordstrom.

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Rails Hunter Plaid ShirtUgg Cozy Genuine Shearling Slipper

!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p, cb; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e = doc.createElement(s); e.id = id; cb = new Date().getTime().toString(); p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js?cb=1482789558306?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);

1. December 27, 2016 / 3:06 am

I love your purchases! That shirt is awesome!!

2. December 27, 2016 / 8:23 am

Nice finds šŸ˜Š my boxing day shopping is limited to online šŸ˜Š got a first mile jacket, define, swiftly, energy bra and socks from lulu WMTM šŸ˜ (Switzerland). Pretty happy with my finds šŸ˜Š

December 27, 2016 / 1:51 pm

The Rail Shirt looks like it's not too thick and the I really like the colour you got. I too have had problems for many years trying to find a nice plaid shirt that fit me right and I finally found one this year at Anthropology. It has a curved hem with the back being longer than the front and the buttons only go down as far as a 1/2 zip. It has ruffles bordering the buttons and the fabric is very soft and just the right thickness for me. The plaid has soft muted colours of blue and different shades of pink.

As for Boxing Day shopping, I stopped going to stores quite a few years ago because I just didn't want to have to deal with the parking issues and the crowds. To be honest there isin't anything I want or need bad enough to tackle the crowds. As for online shopping I thought LLL's offerings for Boxing Day was a bust as well, I didn't buy one thing. Rather disappointing that this Canadian Company doesn't embrace this Canadian tradition and give us a better selection and better markdowns.

December 27, 2016 / 1:53 pm

I see there hasn't been a Tuesday drop for Australia yet and since we had a new product drop on Christmas eve I wonder if there will be one today or not until next week?

December 27, 2016 / 2:39 pm

Be careful laundering those Rails shirts. I find that that, since they are Rayon, even when I follow the label instructions, they still shrink up horribly so I need to dry clean them…which is just silly for a $150 plaid shirt but better than ruining it!

December 27, 2016 / 4:27 pm

I went by Lulu on Boxing Day and we had to wait in line to get in! The sales were a little cheaper than online and there was more selection due to the odd piece here and there marked down cause it's the only one left in that size, color, style. Tons of stores had extra 30-40% off sale! Way cheaper than LLL!

December 27, 2016 / 5:17 pm

Nothing from LLL. I looked at WMTM and the only thing that interested me was the CRBs, but I have most of those colors and didn't really need any more. For the other items, none of the discounts were enough to tempt me. Since WMTM wasn't too thrilling, I didn't bother to go to the store.

I did get some K-Deer leggings for xmas. My first ones from them. I found the stripes to be more flattering in person – yay! – but the fabric to be a bit itchy – boo!

Ordered two San Suu Jackets from Karma today on sale. My first order from them, so hopefully, I got the sizing right. It's a really cute style, but I'm always a bit apprehensive ordering something online that I haven't seen in person.

Lulu is just too boring these days. The jackets I ordered from Karma are coral and yellow. I'm craving color and ruffles! Lulu seems to be all about producing the nondescript staples. That's fine, but frankly, I have staples; it's the joyous clothes I want.

December 27, 2016 / 5:51 pm

Dear 9:17: I have 2 San Suu jackets. I love them. I agree about the dearth of LLL options — and this is the FIRST year I've felt this way; I have been loving Lulu since 2010 so I'm sad. However, Karma's San Suu is a very nice, very feminine alternative IMO.

I do think San Suu runs a bit smaller than anticipated, though I probably should not have been surprised. I am a solid Lulu 4. I first bought a lovely floral SanSuu splashed with red and purple flowers in XS off of ebay. The jacket was a little snug, but still flattering. (The bold print may have helped obscure any creases.) I liked the jacket so much that I couldn't bear returning it, even though the kind seller said I could since I was unfamiliar with the style. I just can't wear the jacket on days I feel bloated. Next, I bought an aquatic looking print in a S and that fit was undeniably more comfortable. I hope this helps.

THANKS for all you do, LLM.

December 27, 2016 / 7:30 pm

(I'm anon at 9:17.) Thanks so much! I'm an 8 in Lulu jackets, so I went with a large. I think it will fit well, but it's great to hear about your experiences. Thank you again!

9. December 27, 2016 / 7:33 pm

I went to the outlet yesterday and looked around. It was crazy crowded, so there were a few things I passed up because I didn't want to wait in a long line to try them on. Do you think there will still be special prices today? Or do you think they only do the special pricing (much lower than MD stickers) for boxing day? I'm tempted to drive there and look again, but it's kind of far.

December 27, 2016 / 7:42 pm

I'm thinking that lots of returns will start in stores and those items will get marked down. ..there's a few pieces I'm waiting for markdown… a couple before return period otherwise I will return and take risk of my size not disappearing. Last year I found lots of sales continued into latter days of boxing week and shopping dies down significantly so I got a few items then and into early January trying to get rid of winter stock and returned items

11. December 27, 2016 / 8:31 pm

Will there be a new upload any other time this week? Does anyone know? I can't remember last year…thank you in advance!

12. January 16, 2017 / 8:35 pm

Lulumum The Bay has some great deals on Rails right now! I've picked up 2 tops already! I also scored some Alo goddess leggings at a great price!

• Lulumum
      January 16, 2017 / 9:12 pm

Oh yay!!! Thanks so much for the heads up! I've been living in mine and even found some great deals on Amazon.ca, and Saks Off 5th so I order two more for under $80. I love the versatility of them.