by Cristina

Hero Blue High Times Pant, Studio Pant III

February 6, 2016

Hero Blue High Times Pant

Studio Pant III

You can really tell that these are a new straight leg cut vs. the old bootleg cut. I’m a bit weirded out by the new silhouette but it is definitely a good update I think.

29 responses to “Hero Blue High Times Pant, Studio Pant III”

The studios (as well as a lot of core lulu items over past year or so) have lost all character. No unique design details and now they actually look identical to all of the other brand knocks offs to these pants that have always fallen short. Lulu is going to "simplify" itself into irrelevance if they keep this trend up. Being narrower and straight (into a peg leg when cinched) clearly only looks good on those with skinny thighs and possibly long legs. They look almost tight in thighs. They were never flares they were wider yet straight legs….uniform all the way down so when cinched they didn't appear narrow at ankles. I am 98lbs, 5'1" and I never found the previous studios overwhelming or unflattering. This style definitely won't be as universally flattering.

• Anonymous says:

I completely agree with everything just said, so I don't really have much to add, but I am feeling pretty bummed about the change to the DSP, as well as all of the other changes (or completely discontinuing!) to all of my previously favourite styles. It seems like I will soon have nothing left to look forward to from Lulu if they keep this up.

I know a lot of people love their DSP and I even owned a few pairs of the crops and pants a few years ago. The style to me seems dated now though and I feel like this is a style lulu would love to discontinue but just can't because of the demand.

• Anonymous says:

you aren't going to stay in business very long if u keep discontinuing products with good demand and that sell out. Similar story w 105f. No wonder their stock is low. I wonder if they even survey their lulu customer base? This company seems like it desperately needs some customer research. If they want to make it slim then add a second version but why would they ever want to discontinue something that sells well? Every time they release a good color they go. How about releasing more colors? No, let's can it.

• Anonymous says:

Exactly, anon 6:54.

• Anonymous says:

Exactly anon 6:54!!! The gathering on the sides made these pants special. If they wanted to update the bottom of the leg, why not just copy them from Ivivva? Theirs are much narrower in the leg but still have the style of the ruching. I will try the new ones on in store, but I am not holding my breath that I will like them. And the price increase is ludicrous. Just like the scuba lll.

• Anonymous says:

Not liking the update. Looks more like a boring track pant. I love my DSPs and practically live in them. I don't understand either why they'd keep toying with them. They sell out in every color in both lined and unlined. They do restock black every now and then, but if you like a seasonal color, better grab now! I wish they made a Jeweled Magenta pair. That would've made my heart leap out of my chest!

They remind me of scrubs we wear at the hospital… just a nicer version.

Does anyone know if we can order from Lululemon online with visa gift cards? I received one and would like to use it to order something. Sorry for off topic, but not sure where else I can ask.

And then there's the $10 increase for less leg fabric

6. Unknown says:

fwiw, I actually love the new change. Had to buy Ivivva's version because Lulu's studio pants flares were too unflattering even in size 2. Ivivva's doesn't have drawcords at hem nor hidden key pocket but much cheaper for the same fabric. I just wish theirs have few more inseam inches.

The bootcut was crazy dated and didn't actually ever seem to look that good on anyone, but I don't get why they completely eliminate a product lots of people clearly love. They could at least start selling the two cuts at the same time and if the slimmer cut is truly the leader, then phase the other one out, but don't just do away with it all together. Same with the Scuba II/III – they're not really even substitutes for each other in terms of fit/style, so I didn't understand totally getting rid of one in favor of the other.

Are these hero blue high times out in Canadian stores by chance??

9. I just started to get into lulu outfits. So far I haven't extremely lucky finding good deals on store markdowns. However after reading this morning the comments here I went to the store and tried the studio pants on and purchased my first (lined) one. I had a hard time deciding between purple and black.

I am wondering if you guys have ever seen those pants go on sale ?

I was wondering if you guys have ever seen those pants go on sale? I am hoping since I don't think they can sell the lined ones for long since spring mercantile arrives in the store 🙂
    Thanks Claudia

I will reserve judgment on the new version until I try them and am hoping they fit just like the ll's. I find the flare on the ll's a little to wide for me so I only wear them at home, not out. I do love them for the comfort and I love how they fit in the bum. So if the fit is the same I would definitely buy them and wear them out and about.

It's funny how lulu timed the change of the studios. Flares and bell bottoms made a comeback in designer denim last year and continue to sell out so far this year. The good ones at least…. AG, rag & bone, COH, Paige to name a few. Not sure who thinks flares are crazy dated? Not that the studios IIs were true flares snyway. Perhaps they are not for everyone but they have certainly been making a comeback. Even lulu launched a flare this week.

12. I understand that the skinnier leg might appeal for lean females or the younger customers. I carry all my weight on my thighs and calves although the new version fit fine in size 6 I felt the wider leg covers me better.
    There is also a seam going down from the hip area to the upper leg in a more vertical way (side) which I thought makes my leg look leaner.
    Sorry it's hard for me to describe my native language is German. I will get the new version for sure in the unlined pant but if my stor will put them on sale like Christinas store did I am going to get for sure 2 more.
    I would hope that lulu would keep both versions to give us the option to pick what fits best out body types.

So far what you ladies posted here came in terms of pricing came true for me within a week. By example I got the go fleece jacket (grey with withe fleece) still on regular price for 128 for 74, fleece out jacket in black regular 198 for 89, runderful 1/2 zipper shirt in Aqua for 39 and the black version yesterday for 49.

13. Hi Cristina
    I just sent you a email to
    [email protected] Would you be able to look at it please?
    Claudia

It's been said that new LLL corporate found the DS pant frumpy with its loose legs and gathering. I personally think they only changed the style in order to justify the price increase.

What they should have done is left the DS Pant alone (as it does seem to be a huge favourite and an easy seller) and brought back the Quick Step Pant which is made of the same material and is more tailored and fitted. I myself do not care for the DS Pant but I love the Quick Step Pant.

15. BRING THE STUDIO 2 PANT BACK IN TALL VERSION.THE NEW 3'S ARE TOO NARROW AND SLIM.