If you are browsing the lululemon resale market for deals, check out my post below this one from last week. I’m doing a big spring clean of my closet and plan on adding more items to that post throughout the month and I’ll keep bumping the post or linking it in the body of my new posts. I’m trying to be ruthless with my closet and listing stuff that I would like to keep but have not worn during it’s appropriate season. Take advantage of the low Canadian dollar if you are American and scoop up some great deals.

Down For A Run Vest

Speed Crop

Warm It Up Long Sleeve, Run Times Short, Ray Cool Racerback

Ray/Wind Chill Energy Bra, Cool Breeze Cool Racerback

Jet Crop Slim, Warm Your Core Long Sleeve

Cozy Up Buttercup Jacket

Pack It Up Backpack

This bag! I am traveling next month and I needed a carry on friendly bag that also had a protected laptop pocket so I picked this bag up in black and it is amazing. Love it more than any other fun coloured or printed lululemon bag I’ve purchased in the past.

Heathered Lullaby Scuba Hoodie III

Get Sweat Tee

January 18, 2016 / 10:33 pm

Just curious, because I have been trying to unsuccessfully pare down my collection, if you love an item but have only worn it a maximum of 2-4 times during its appropriate season, do you hang onto it? Do you have a number of wears per season that you go by in determining if you let something go? Thanks in advance for answering:)

January 19, 2016 / 1:35 am

Thanks for your reply! I have a few items like that where I 'love' them, but for whatever reason have opted for others. Those items are more difficult to let go of, but there's a reason they're not getting love even if I don't know what it is!

• Lulumum
      January 19, 2016 / 12:58 am

It's hard to say. I have a few items that I 'LOVE' from last year and it's 'in season' but when I've had the opportunity to wear those items I've opted for different pieces. I'm warming up to selling those types of items because If I've had the opportunity to wear them and I haven't then there is a reason for that. If I have an item that I haven't worn a lot, but it's super functional for crossfit and it will match a ton of other items I will keep it even if I haven't given it much love.

January 18, 2016 / 10:49 pm

For me, if an item has gotten worn and I enjoyed wearing it…it earns a spot in my closet regardless of the number of times it saw daylight. On the other hand, if it sits loved but unworn then it's a clear sign that I enjoy owning it and not wearing it – so it goes. I try to be practical and only own clothes for the life I live. Along the same lines, if it still has tags on a full year later…it's time to go!

January 19, 2016 / 1:38 am

Thanks for your reply, and your comment regarding being practical and owning clothes for the life you live is something that resonates with me. I might love something, but it might be for a life that I don't actually live:)

January 19, 2016 / 12:45 am

Does this mean you are quitting lulublogging?

• Lulumum
      January 19, 2016 / 12:54 am

No way! I love my blog and I love talking lulu even if I don't necessarily love the designs out for a certain season. I blog because I love to not because I have to. I do a cull of my 'sell pile' every so often on the blog and I was inspired by our shitty CAD. I figured my american friends/readers would get great deals and I'd move some stuff out of my closet.

January 19, 2016 / 1:50 pm

Just wondering, do you have any regrets after purging an item you love but don't use as often as you'd like? I feel good cleaning my closet. However, it never fails, a month or 2 later, I may painfully regret getting rid of(especially if this item was HTF, or I patiently waited for it to go on MD, or waited on a long line to purchase, or called stores around the country for a charge send)
    Occasionally, I also have return remorse..returned an item I loved but made the return to put aside money for an anticipated future purchase or felt that the price was just not worth it.
    I really need to learn to detach myself from my clothes, esp. Lulu…lol!
    Just wondering about if I'm only the nutty one with all these after-the-fact regrets with purging or returning or restraining from buying a treasured product.

January 19, 2016 / 6:05 pm

I have purged a lot of the years & I try my best to continue to do so. I have an unhealthy attachment to certain items particularly if I saw the way certain items were put together, liked it a lot, but had not purchased or sold one of the outfits that made that outfit.

In general, though, I've rarely regretted a return or sale. I am embarrassed to admit this, but almost every time I work out, I photograph the outfit. Every few months, I look through the pictures and my closet, and if there are things I'm not wearing, I evaluate why. Either, I try to work it into the rotation at that point, or I let it go. If I find myself regretting a sale, I remind myself that I wasn't wearing it. Also, focusing on the activity I'm using items for helps me realize that certain items just don't work for the workouts I'm doing.

I still have too much lulu in my closet, but I'm better at purging and resisting newly released items (photographs remind me that I might have something too similar to what's being released therefore is easier to pass up).

• Lulumum
      January 19, 2016 / 3:14 pm

The only thing I've ever really regretted selling was my Teal Zeal Inspire Pullover. I sold that one because my husband made a remark about the color. Lesson learned. That is a color I love and I didn't really have a good reason for selling it other than my husband poo-pooed it.

There are a few items I regret not purchasing such as the Camo Rise & Shine Jacket or the Quiet Stripe Wunder Under Pants but with the pants I actually had them in hand and didn't like them so thats why I didn't buy them. And now they are insanely overpriced but they look nice.