by Cristina

Lululemon Black Friday

November 22, 2018

Heads up that the Lululemon Black Friday sale is live…except that the website is down and nobody can check out. I wonder if the sale went live too early and now they are holding it back until the evening.

Traditionally, Lululemon has done the Black Friday Sale later in the evening, and also uploaded Special Edition items. I believe those items are the floral print we saw earlier this week. We may also see a regular upload later today but I’m not certain. The way Lululemon has always done black Friday is that the sale goes on until Monday, but the prices drop throughout the weekend with the lowest prices being on Cyber Monday.

From the brief amount I got to see of the sale before the website crashed, the prices weren’t great and they were pretty much items that had already been on WMTM, but got pulled off and then relisted at the same original WMTM prices.

Did you find any deals before the site crashed?

Lululemon Black Friday
Sooth Away Hoodie
Love Tee Fade
Love Crew Fade
Love Crew Fade
Unwind Your Mind Dress
The Rain Is Calling Jacket II
catch a moment zip up hoodie
always effortless jacket
Essential Tank
Wunder Under Hi-Rise Tight MESH
Uncaged Bra
Fast and Free 7/8 Pant II
On Pace Crop
Wunder Under Pant Hi-Rise 7/8 Tight

55 responses to “Lululemon Black Friday”

1. L says:

I’ve been able to check out three separate orders. It required more patience than it deserved – became a matter of tenacity. The Onthe Move pants at the top of the site are great and a very nice discount.

The items I was hoping for are still full price so nothing for me. I did stop into a store and see the new floral prints. The pink and purple floral is even brighter in person than in the website photos… the pink is almost neon looking near the ankle area.

I was on at four in the morning (I was up doing random stuff). Mostly just the same old stuff at the same old prices. The things that were really good deals mostly had bad reviews. I had my pickings but even then didn’t get much.

4. Joanna says:

I have been trying ALL morning. I go to bed early so didn’t even think to check.
    Anyways I can’t even look at things never mind add them or try and checkout. SO FRUSTRATING. Tried the app and diff. browsers and nada. Freakin Black Friday Lulu, step it up.

5. Kristy says:

I was hoping for some black Friday new releases more so than sales but not seeing anything new or exciting yet. Will be checking again this evening just in case 🙂

6. anon says:

The website is ridiculously inoperative. I exclusively shop online and it’s never stable and very buggy. Waiting for all the items to load takes a good 10 minutes, which is unacceptable, and when you are done, good luck hitting the back button to return to the main sale listing. I gave up and didn’t see any bargains at all, nada. The stuff that was marked down to 59 were all items that were defective or had horrific reviews. Shame on Lulu for trying to pass those items off on unsuspecting customers.

• LS says:

There’s really no excuse for the website issues at this point. It’s a total turnoff. Clicked the email link, saw the site wasn’t working, and that was that. I gave my money to Lululemon’s competitors instead (and then some).

7. Pam S says:

Ebates is at 10%!

I got the LLL email at 6:00a.m. this morning and it took just over 2 hours before I was able to put an order through. I went through the US ebates to get the 10% discount on my purchase. I bought the blue and green Restless 1/2 zips at 59.00 and the Cypress Kiss Pullover at 59.00, with the 10% discount, I think it was an excellent deal. I had originally bought one Restless 1/2 zip about a month ago but returned it last week hoping it would go on sale. It was a good decision. There really isn’t anything more I want but will buy a Scuba Hoodie to donate to a Woman’s Shelter. I always like to see what oldies show up and there weren’t many but some may have been happy to see the Down For A Run Vest and Pullover. I lucked out a couple of years ago when the vest popped up and have been so happy with that purchase.

9. J says:

I placed an order at about 6:30 this morning. I received confirmation from Paypal, but nothing from lulu. After spending 30 minutes waiting to speak with someone during my lunch break, I am told that there was no order. I Try re-ordering all afternoon with no luck. The 2 items sell out. I buy one of the sold out items by phone from a store & then as I am heading to my local store to pick up the other sold out item: I GET AN EMAIL FROM LULU TELLING ME THAT MY ITEMS HAVE SHIPPED OUT! Seriously.

• Des says:

Which items did you get that sold out?

• anon says:

Lulu refuses to fix or even acknowledge that there are legitimate Paypal problems. I had the exact experience a few months back and I went ballistic because I was double charged and had to wait for Paypal to issue a refund. I’m getting more and more fed up with Lulu, other companies have their $^&t together and things run relatively smooth and when there is an issue, they are apologetic and fix it immediately. Lulu is just so 3rd world…

• Amy says:

I’ve found that Lululemon tracking becomes impossible when I check out with paypal. I have no idea why this would be so, but orders go into a black hole with that payment method. 🙁

• anon says:

Thank you. I tried using Paypal last night just for $_hits and giggles. It failed within one minute, what a farce! They need to remove Paypal as a payment method if it never. works. Pathetic…

10. Danika says:

I got to see the selection before the website went down. just stuff that is normally on WMTM with same prices. bought nothing at all.

The Black Friday sale was already uploaded when I checked last night around 8pm PST. But I suspected it went live even earlier because some pieces were already selling out. But I was able to place 3 different orders (because every time I checked back, they added more items). I grabbed some really good deal ($59 for a scuba hoodie, $49 for rest less pullover, etc). I checked periodically today to see if they added more items, but all the good stuff I saw last night were gone.. mostly only the old WMTM stuff were left.

I had 15 items in my cart. Still cannot check out. There is only 2 items left that will work. Still wont check out. Not wasting my time anymore. Not even that sad about it.

13. Estella Morrison says:

I bought a pretty bundle, spent some serious money. Mostly on things I had my eyes on, or I bought them, and returned them because they were full price, and I didn’t want to spend that much money. Merry Christmas to me. That said, the website crashed on me several times, and I spent the whole afternoon with (hopefully) acquiring fairly good deals (there are never any fantastic deals with Lululemon). This company ‘s IT always sucked and today was no exception. I had to laugh though when I saw that Lululemon hauled out all the unsold items from last year and the beginning of this year. There’s no better day than Black Friday to push these on unsuspecting customers.

14. Gymmie says:

I was on at 2am lol. No issues
    Over 440 items
    On the move pant was good deal. Bought navy and black. I popped into my store and saw they had them as well as fast and free in flowerescent print which I ordered too for 79$. I also ordered a $29 Hinshu print energy bra that I did not need and the nulux zip in flowerescent print for $59. I got the black white tights for 69 that kinda look like Dottie tribe. I was so tempted to get a jacket but I have sooooo many that I can’t cycle through. I agree that the prices weren’t super great on most items. I had the corestry tight in my cart for 79 but sat on it until it sold out as I already have 1 pair and worn them once lol.

• PDXMAMA says:

You were up at 2am??? lol that’s dedication! Our house was out by 10:30pm from food comas lol.

• LittleMissG says:

Ugh – I JUST popped the tags on my flowerescent fast and frees two days ago after sitting with them for three weeks afraid they might go on WMTM. Oh well – I guess I’ll just consider it worth not having to brave the mall to save a few bucks. I still love them.

• Elise says:

FYI, I had just taken the tag off my Cypress Long Sleeve and I reached out to GEC and they sent me the difference in price via a GC. It was a $31 savings! Worth a try!

15. Anon says:

After going to 2 stores right at black friday opening, I’m here to comment that the WUP shines are AWESOME, and the in bloom multi print is kinda a dud with its white backing.

As far as sales are concerned, if you do not show up right at opening, everything good will probably be gone within a half hour. The stores have a little more on sale than normal, but not that much for the massive crowds. By the time I got through the line, under an hour after opening, 90% of the sales rack was cleared out. I managed to snag a perfectly sized lab WUP refract tight!! And now bedtime.

It was up for me late Wednesday night and I was able to make an order. I got a couple things I was hoping would go on sale.

17. Rise and Shine says:

Used the app Thursday morning. Got a sweater and bikini top. I had issues checking out, but didn’t really care if my purchase went through.

Life has been getting in the way of my exercise routine, and Lulu’s lackluster offerings aren’t really motivating me. Things are better than they used to be, for sure, but not what they once were.

• Anonymous says:

I agree! You were lucky I attempted all day on the app. Nothing. But its crazy how I used to wake up in the night to make online purchases. I actually think it caused some awful insomnia because years after i would wake up the same time for upload. They dont make it like they used too. I still am looking for a back on track jacket! Ugh!

18. Mandy says:

I ended up getting principal dancer tank, wunder under (luon) 28″ in black/white jacquard, cypress kiss LS, hit unwind LS, and a bra online; picked up a scuba hoodie in arctic plum in my local store, since I’d been eyeing it at full price and they recently sold out online. Prices in store were similar to online from what I saw – in some cases they were lower (my scuba cost $59!) and higher in others (saw $39 for bra that was $29 online).

19. NB says:

Was happy to get ready to rulu pants and principal dancer funnel neck for $79 each with 10% Ebates (love both and happy to score a deal!). Also got runderful LS for $59 and wool beanie for $9 in store. The in store prices looked a bit better than online, but the sale racks were picked over within an hour of the store opening.

20. Anon says:

A very $$$$$ shopping for me today at a lululemon store in NJ. I bought a lot of Xmas gifts for friends and family. I got a ton of great stuff for myself. All my bras were $29, shorts $39, most tanks $34-39, wunder under pant $69, scuba hoodies in two diff colors for $89 each, baller run hats for $14, underwear for $9, APL phantom sneakers for $99, swiftly tech SS for $49, dance studio jackets $79 two colors, define jackets in 3 diff colors for $79 each and a bunch of socks for $9 a pair. All for me. I can’t remember all the gifts I bought though lol . No tax I’m NJ ON CLOTHES AND SHOES

21. Loo says:

Someone posted that they used the American ebate for their Canadian purchase
    If you are reading this, did you actually get the 10% or do you have to request it by providing the order number and amount? Just curious as I tried but have yet to see anything added to my ebate account. Getting 10% and in US dollars is great if it works

• Anonymous says:

I have tried using the US Ebates on Canadian orders before. I had to request it as they didn’t show up automatically. Then I got an response that the request was rejected.

• Anonymous says:

I live in Canada and have an ebates.com account and have not had to provide any purchase information. They say they will confirm purchase one day after but since it’s a holiday there I expect to get it this week, if not, I will be contacting them. It’s been a while since I have used the .com site but with the sizeable spread in discount I used it for my Black Friday purchases. I have had this issue with ebates.ca where they show my Lululemon shopping trips but have not been recording any discounts for quite some time so I had to send them all the purchase info which is a pain but I now know to keep all my order purchase emails from LLL

• Anonymous says:

I have an American ebates and a Canadian ebates account. For the American ebates for Canadian purchases, I have never had the order automatically added to my account. I always have to request it. If the Canadian order was a low amount and the ebates they give me is very little, then it sometimes gets approved. If the Canadian order is a high amount then they always refuse to give me the American ebate.

22. anonymous says:

So I ordered the FTBS bra, and then they shipped me something completely different… And now the bra is gone! Has anyone else had an experience like this in the past? How did lulu handle it?

• Anonymous says:

Yes, I have had a similar experience. They let me keep the item they sent. What I had ordered wasn’t sold out and they just sent it to me. Not sure how they’d handle the intended item being sold out now.

Easy pass on these “deals” which would have gone on sale later anyways.

I am looking at what they are calling Cyber Monday and I don’t think that anything is changed from the Black Friday listings or prices! Why bother with the Cyber Monday bit? Disappointing.

25. Virginia says:

I got the unity back sweater in silver, the flowerscent fast and frees, the flowerscent hotty hot shorts (obviously love the print lol), the restless half zip in star ruby, the time to thrive jacket in heathered adobe and out of range bag in heathered black. All items I had been watching but probably wouldn’t pay full price for.

26. Stacy says:

I snapped up a raspberry If You’re Lucky LS and a black Hot Spell bra. I was happy to see two of my old favorites return! I have the If You’re Lucky in both white and black, and I love them so much! I can’t remember if this was a size down item though? I think it was. I remember my tts feeling kind of loose, so I went with one size down. Fingers crossed, it fits!! I’m wild about raspberry, another old color that I’m happy to see again. I was tempted to get some Astros or bootcut Grooves for nostalgia, but I don’t need them.

I had my usual amount of annoyance checking out, but I logged in at about 8am EST and found some black WU’s and a cypress kiss LS and checked out with apple pay. it failed twice, SAID it failed a third time but I got a confirmation email and shipping confirmation yesterday.
    I also grabbed a pair of black WU’s in store for my niece (the only ones they had were her size, which were sold out online- go figure!).
    I love getting basics on MD.

28. JP says:

I got a some good stuff on Black Friday in store, two of my favourite jacket the pack it up in camp and smoky blush. Also grabbed a couple of swiftlys in ss/ls. I also a saw they had dance studio joggers just in in dark crime. These are my new favourite dance studio bottoms. Didn’t care that they were not on sale. Today I ordered the transformation wraps in dark adobe, silver and teal. I have all 3 from years ago, wear them all the time and they still look new. Hopefully these are as good quality as the ones I have. I will be comparing them closely. If the quality is the same I will keep all 3. ??? I cringe at that but since they are my go to staple and no other lulu wraps really look good on me I will console my wallet and make commitments to it that I won’t abuse it the same way for awhile ?

29. Mary says:

Did any one else notice the quiet upload of rebel runner crops and transformation wrap yesterday? LOVE.

30. Anon says:

Yes. Ordered lucky long sleeve at $69 before they corrected price. Ordered a white to replace an original that turned yellow from hanging in my room. No sunlight reaches the rack but part of sleeve that was not sandwiched between other clothes on rack or facing back of rack towards wall turned yellow. I tried bleaching in sun with lemon juice. I soaked it in peroxide. I tried borax soak. Yellow will not fade. So I will be exchanging for new one I just ordered. Got a black one for backup but the original black is nicer.