The Lululemon Upload is live! Nothing for me today but I am eyeing up two things. The Down For It All Jacket (both Chrome and Petrol Blue are beautiful) and I’m also really liking the Time To Thrive Jacket. The Swiftly Wool Tights are intriguing but they look exactly like Gymshark to me. I’m seeing Gymshark more and more around my area which is odd since it’s always been firmly Lululemon. Gymshark is reselling better online as well.

I did a fit review last week about the Principal Dancer Hoodie and holy moly was that ever a polarizing design [the post]. That in no way dissuades me from doing fit reviews in the future but I just wanted to mention that sometimes a sweatshirt purchase is just a sweatshirt purchase and the only consideration is ‘is it cozy? do I like wearing it? Is it cute?’. Beyond that, I’m not overthinking a sweatshirt purchase. It’s not much different from purchasing an oversized Nike or Adidas hoodie and it’s the same approximate price point. It may not be entirely flattering or it may be downright frumpy but it’s casual attire meant to be worn under the most casual of conditions. Believe me, this is not what I’d wear on my tinder profile shot. (don’t go searching, it doesn’t exist šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚).

Aura Jacket Lululemon Lab

Fast and Free 7/8 Pant II
On Pace Crop
Wunder Under Pant Hi-Rise 7/8 Tight
Sculpt Tank II

1. j
    October 23, 2018 / 1:26 pm

Where are the tuck & flows????

• Des
      October 25, 2018 / 5:43 pm

Maybe they will come in spring? They are on WMTM on the Australian site and they are all sold out of the white and black stripe. Not a good sign if we get their leftovers.

2. Viktorija
    October 23, 2018 / 1:36 pm

How many puffy jackets and coats do we need? And Define jacket in 20 colors? But they cannot make some cozy rulu tops? For example Tuck and Flow? Where is it? Sick and tired of waiting for it.

October 23, 2018 / 2:45 pm

I am waiting for them to bring back the Extra Mile half zip long sleeve in rulu. Itā€™s the best for running in the cold weather and I would love another.

• j
        October 23, 2018 / 3:49 pm

I have the Cypress Kiss half zip & I really like it. It’s made of rulu šŸ™‚

October 23, 2018 / 1:48 pm

My local store had blue Camo F&F crops today.

• Runrunyogi
      October 23, 2018 / 2:27 pm

Crops or 7/8 length?? (Fingers crossed for 7/8)

October 23, 2018 / 2:42 pm

Really? Was it a good camo print? (Hopefully not one like the Multi screen camo that looked like sponge painting instead of camo)
      I love my dark green ones and would love a blue camo print.

• Sunshine
      October 23, 2018 / 3:45 pm

Would you mind sharing which store it was?

October 23, 2018 / 4:43 pm

It was the crop. I would have bought if it was 7/8! It was the Carlsbad, CA store. I didnā€™t try them on (pregnant), but they were really dark. Almost black. Darker than the recent align camos.

4. MS
    October 23, 2018 / 1:56 pm

Whatā€™s with the tiny uploads lately?

5. anon
    October 23, 2018 / 1:59 pm

I was looking at all my old Lulu jackets and coats and my God, how low we have fallen. No more special details, everything looks so drab and dull. I’ve purchased some jackets and hoodies and the zippers are garbage. You’re losing me again Lulu, how many times do we have to wait around and hope you’ll get your act together?

• Cristina
      Author
      October 23, 2018 / 2:18 pm

Oh my I know exactly what you mean. The other day I found a Hustle Jacket in poncho print which I’ve been wanting for years. It was the first time I’ve seen it in person and it was even more beautiful.I was so sad it wasn’t my size but I passed it on on poshmark and it sold within the day.

October 23, 2018 / 2:28 pm

I love my Hustle Jacket, I have worn that jacket more than any other LLL jacket I own. I agree jackets just seem to fall short of ones made years ago. I like the look of the Down For It All Jacket except they ruined the neck by not putting a separate neck that zips up with hood separately attached. You can see in the picture of the black one where she has it zipped up and it looks and feels horrible. I tried on the Sleet Street Down Jacket last week and although it’s quite nice the neck zips right up into the hood and it’s extremely uncomfortable. Even if you only zip it half way up your neck the fabric and zipper stick up into your face and nose!

• Rise and Shine
        October 23, 2018 / 3:56 pm

Oh, I love Hustles. I have two. Such a flattering, functional jacket. Definitely different.

As far as the recent offerings, I have the Pack It Down Jacket, and am really enjoying it. The green is nice – not an exceptional color – but for function, it’s very good so far. It obviously lacks the details and innovation of Old Lulu, but it’s still better than anything else out there.

• October 23, 2018 / 5:39 pm

vintage lulu is deeply missed.

your review rocks Cristina. thank you. period.

• Cristina
            Author
            October 23, 2018 / 9:05 pm

ā¤ļøā¤ļø

October 23, 2018 / 2:36 pm

The Time to Thrive Jacket is really nice. I bought the Heathered Dark Adobe in a store over the weekend. Itā€™s more like a zip up sweater than a jacket. And the adobe color is so rich and pretty.

Itā€™s merino wool, washable, and I didnā€™t find it to be itchy. I have washed and worn it once and think itā€™s a great staple. It can be worn casually or with slacks for work. With slacks it has a more polished, tailored look and the thumb holes are hidden unless you choose to use them.

There is a fairly discrete LLL logo sewn on the back (which I removed). I love the zip on this sweater because you can zip up when youā€™re cold and unzip when youā€™re hot. Itā€™s true to size and a cami fits under it.

I love it so much that I ordered it in black. In my opinion, it looks much better in person than in the photos.

And Christina, I agree about your ā€œitā€™s just a hoodieā€ comment. If itā€™s cozy and you love it, then itā€™s a win.
    Enjoy that hoodie. šŸ˜‰

• Anon
      October 29, 2018 / 8:56 am

Is the Time To Thrive the same size as a Define? I sometimes have to size down in LLL sweaters since I think they run looser than the fitted technical items. Thanks in advance.

October 29, 2018 / 2:44 pm

I wear the same size in Defines as the Time to Thrive.
        Something to watch out for… I washed and wore the Heather Adobe color and it’s great. I ordered the black, received it, washed it, and the merino wool stinks when wet. It smelled like perm solution. It didnā€™t smell as bad when it dried, but the odor wasnā€™t completely gone.
        I wrote a review on the LLL website and Iā€™m returning the black one.

• Anon
          October 29, 2018 / 5:20 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your helpful insight. I might have bought the black and now I will certainly reconsider my color choice.

Have a lovely evening.

7. Runrunyogi
    October 23, 2018 / 2:48 pm

Cristina, I greatly appreciate your fit reviews. I don’t always comment, but definitely find them helpful. My body type is definitely somewhere in the “other” category.

Well, I’m not sure if I’m disappointed or relieved! Nothing I’m coveting but also don’t need to be spending money, at least not on myself. I like to have my Christmas shopping completed by US Thanksgiving. I’ve noticed the same thing with Gymshark…. it seems to be a popular brand for fitness bloggers/YouTubers/Instagrammers and is popping up more and more on the secondary market ISOs. They appear to have a good marketing department. I’ve also noticed how quickly items are hitting Lulu’s WMTM, I’m wondering if that is why we are seeing smaller uploads. Plus they’re dealing with a change in leadership. It seems like they have been adrift for awhile, struggling between producing their legacy/high selling items and trying to be innovative/modern…. but not quite finding a balance.

A lot of Lulu’s recent items have been near misses for me. Loved the style, hated the fabric (Radiant Rhapsody Pants – quality lacking, Principal Dancer Funnel Neck -I have sensitive skin and it was itchy)….. the lengths are all wrong (I’m short and the 17″-19″ length for crops hit at annoying place, too long -some styles can’t be hemmed)….. great colors that I’d purchase in multiple styles only offered in one piece and some of them are not styles that work for me šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

8. Arabella
    October 23, 2018 / 3:27 pm

ā€˜is it cozy? No because the wide sleeves let in so much air
    do I like wearing it? LOL are you blind?
    Is it cute?ā€™ See answer above

Just tried it on and answered those questions myself lol – i cant believe you can seriously wear it i found myself laughing out loud in the dressing room šŸ˜›

October 23, 2018 / 3:33 pm

No need to be rude…

• sb
        October 23, 2018 / 4:15 pm

Agreed. An opinion on personal fit is one thing but mean jabs – please don’t.

• Anna
      October 23, 2018 / 4:52 pm

Yup, not a good garment giving anyone a good look. But hey, if it works for you!

What I would like is follow up. Show us how you wear these things many dislike. (Some of your Nordstrom jacket pics). You could prove many wrong! And open up our eyes!

• Cristina
        Author
        October 23, 2018 / 8:38 pm

I take it you have something particular in mind? Shoot me an email with whatever item you have in mind and I’ll see what I can do.

• Jane
      October 23, 2018 / 4:57 pm

I died a little thinking anyone in their right mind would wear this. I didnā€™t think anyone would want to look like theyā€™re a baby hippo??

• October 23, 2018 / 5:16 pm

Wow! These are some of the rudest comments I’ve read on this blog. Did someone pee in your coffee today? No need to take your bad attitude out on Cristina.

You don’t like the hoodie. So what? Read something else if this upsets you so much.

October 23, 2018 / 5:29 pm

So mean spirited and unnecessary… ā˜¹ļø

• October 23, 2018 / 6:28 pm

What is wrong with you people? Why are you being so rude and hateful?? If youā€™ve had a bad day- take it somewhere else. Christina has done a lot for us! Stop being so hateful with your comments!!

• Sarah
          October 23, 2018 / 7:53 pm

I agree, this has always been a nice respectful corner of the internet and itā€™s unfortunate people are making nasty comments. There are many things lulu make that sell out super fast that I wonder wtf but I donā€™t disparage those who buy them. I happen to have brought the hoodie and love it I am travelling long haul this week and itā€™s the perfect snuggly warmth layer for on the plane, would I wear it out to dinner?, probably not, But for what I want it for itā€™s perfect šŸ˜Š

• Cristina
        Author
        October 23, 2018 / 8:20 pm

guys, honestly just ignore it. This made me feel better because it’s clearly a troll so we can just disregard the validity of it.

October 23, 2018 / 8:24 pm

Wow I just have no words. Cristina, please know that this in no way represents how we feel about you, your blog, or any of your clothing choices, and I sincerely hope you do not take any of theses comments to heart. You are a wonderful, kind, thoughtful woman. You don’t need this kind of hate.

• Cristina
          Author
          October 23, 2018 / 8:26 pm

It’s absolutely ok!!! I appreciate the feedback alwaysā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļø I don’t take that personally at all. I gave the comment too much credit not realizing it was just a troll.

9. Looloo
    October 23, 2018 / 3:33 pm

Thanks for all you do. Good that you are not discouraged from doing a fit review…if you love the hoodie then wear it…there will always be a million opinions. Im sure if it hit wmtm there wouldnt be as much negative opinions. Reminds me of when the florence print came out…so many negative comments.. Felt bad for those posting how they loved them. As soon as they hit wmtm they flew off the shelves. Lol.
    I am not liking the lab aura jacket…yikes. I find lab is high priced but not sure who the target audience is..
    The petrol blue colour is gorgeous but the jacket is kinda busy looking with the various fabrics… And i have soooo many down coats and jackets because i like to be warm…. Thank goodness i dont need more! Have my 25% from ghost race and sadly dont see anything to buy. I have been shopping wmtm recently as i can wait for markdowns…i have a box full of items with tags and at least 10 seawheeze items still with tags lol. I cant continue to hoard and i cant cycle through items more than once or twice in a year….yikes. And i go to gym or run 5x a week…
    Thx for blog…always look forward to it!

• Rise and Shine
      October 23, 2018 / 4:19 pm

I actually really like the Aura Jacket, but I can’t see it on the US site. Maybe next week.

10. Merrly
    October 23, 2018 / 4:06 pm

I really appreciate your fit reviews! I think it only matters if you love it! Nothing for me this week. Itā€™s still hot in Cali.

11. Shadowy_lady
    October 23, 2018 / 4:08 pm

I hope I didnā€™t put you off posting fit tests with my comments šŸ™ I actually only went to try that sweater on because you liked it despite knowing my body shape and preferences hehe.
    Anyways, nothing for me in this upload. Why are they not bringing in more Rulu run tops? Thatā€™s literally the only thing I care about. Oh and I bought the Swiftly tights and they are great for cool weather runs. Not sure if they would do in the winter though.

• Cristina
      Author
      October 23, 2018 / 4:45 pm

No absolutely not!! I appreciate comments, even the critiques or negative opinions I just thought some people got really annoyed with me for liking something they deemed unflattering and I really don’t want anyone to feel annoyed by what I post.

• Estella Morrison
        October 23, 2018 / 6:25 pm

Good reply, Christina.
        Btw, I returned my dancer hoodie. With tears in my eyes. The only practical reason for the return was the bell sleeves. I live in a cold climate, in a drafty house and I prefer tops with sleeves that hug the wrists. But I still think that hoodie was a nice design, it was cozy, warm, and had some really good details. And thank you for modelling it for us.

• shadowy_lady
          October 24, 2018 / 5:55 am

Yea the sleeves are the main reason why I didn’t purchase it either. It felt SO cozy on. It didn’t flatter my shape but had the sleeves worked I would have bought it. I also live in cold climate.

12. October 23, 2018 / 4:12 pm

Off topic- any thoughts on nulux? Iā€™m looking at the strength and sweat crops on wmtm. Is it tts? Size up? Any problems? TIA!

• Runrunyogi
      October 23, 2018 / 5:05 pm

I have not tried that style but I love the Nulux fabric and have many pairs of pants in it. The fabric is light weight with a good amount of stretch, but not as much as Nulu. It reminds me of the older Running Luxtreme just improved. I have the Fast & Free Tights, Final Lap Crops, Speed Wunder Unders, Like Nothing Tights and found them all to be tts. Not sure if that helps, hopefully someone here has tried that style!

• Estella Morrison
        October 23, 2018 / 6:14 pm

Hereā€™s a negative review for you regarding Nulux. My TTS fits well in he fitting room, then falls off of me at the gym. I returned two Nulux leggings and I donā€™t want to try anymore. If you donā€™t know how the fabric behaves on your body, I would not buy my first Nulux on WMTM.

• anonymous
          October 25, 2018 / 1:24 pm

If they are Wunder Unders in Nulux, those do tend to fall. Most running/cardio crops in Nulux do not due to the seaming and the waistband, which also has an additional cinch that you can use.

I like my Fast & Frees for everything exercise related from running to weightlifting and they don’t fall down. I couldn’t walk 10 steps with the nulux wunder unders, they were horrible!

• October 23, 2018 / 6:33 pm

Thank you so much. Greatly appreciated the feedback šŸ™‚

• October 23, 2018 / 6:36 pm

Thanks! Your reply was very helpful! Thatā€™s why I like this site! Thanks again and thanks to Christina for having the blog.

• Anon
          October 23, 2018 / 7:00 pm

I tried on the pant version of the strength and sweat tight and found the panels on the side of the legs to be scratchy. I also thought they would stretch out in the workout and become too loose.

• October 23, 2018 / 7:41 pm

Interesting. Iā€™ve read a lot of reviews and quite a few said they stretched out and slid down. Thank you so much.

• Emily
      October 25, 2018 / 4:47 am

Iā€™m wider waisted with narrow hips (think Apple-shaped). The nulux always rolls or slides on me. I would recommend trying them on and doing some squats to see how they move.

13. Klo
    October 23, 2018 / 6:23 pm

I got my order of wool swiftly tights and the fit is horrible so they are going back. They are very long so I had to pull them on like panty hose and as then were very tight at the top of my thigh. They felt almost as if they were twisted. Once I got them positioned right and took a step I could feel a seam across the lower portion of my bum…there is no normal triangle gusset. There is a seam that runs thigh to thigh in a little crescent shape or think jack o lantern smile…it was uncomfortable. The rise was decent..a tich below my belly button but the awful way they constructed the gusset means they are going back. I am 5ā€™5 120ish and ordered them in a 4.

• Cristina
      Author
      October 23, 2018 / 9:08 pm

That gusset and lack of a front seam makes it a no-go for me. Too much emphasis on the lower tummy area when that front seam is missing.

• Gymmie
        October 24, 2018 / 3:08 am

Oh interesting…i find the corestry tight emphasizes my very slight tummy just above the pubic bone… That is probably why…it doesnt have a front seam. In fact the curved waistband emphasizes my tummy… Especially in certain lighting. And i am by no means large…i wear sz 6 ..140 lbs…muscular. I just have a bit of loose skin from having a 11lb baby when i was only 110lbs lol. I was so far out that my skin stretched so much…boo.

• shadowy_lady
        October 24, 2018 / 5:59 am

My understanding is these tights are base layer so I didn’t worry too much about the front seam. They are also sold as base layer. I run through the winter in Ottawa so a base layer is a must for me.
        Oh and I’m 5’7″ and mostly legs so they are a great length for me

• Joanna
          October 24, 2018 / 10:10 am

I really wanted these tights, but the reviews online are HORRIBLE.
          I bike throughout the winter, walk the dog at night in any temperature, and just generally do a lot of outside things that these pants would be wonderful in theory for.

I wonder if I should just order and see for myself? I’m 5’10 and have a leanish figure. I do have a bit of a lower belly from having kiddos. I wonder if it would be ok…

• Danika
            October 24, 2018 / 1:41 pm

the fit is atrocious! it honestly looks like you are wearing diapers :((
            it might be supposed to be worn as a base layer, but you could wear it as a stand alone piece too. you could, but you won’t because of the fit. horrible.
            I was so excited for a pair of merino tights (I am a merino fanatic) that you can wear just like any other tights, but trust me these are not going to work.

• Klo
          October 24, 2018 / 5:21 pm

Definitely a base layer. I live in MN and have three black labs. I am outside everyday and thought theyā€™d be a great layer but didnā€™t feel
          Good on at all. I will stick with my athleta polar fleece tights. I do absolutely love the wool swiftly though.

October 24, 2018 / 6:40 am

I am a little disheartened because I’ve been waiting for a cute new coat- either a bomber style or a slightly longer one that covers my bum/hips (I think I have a half dozen lulu coats that are the mid-hip length). I am a little annoyed that all the bomber style jackets seem to only have down on the chest and belly instead of the arms, while every other coat appears so overstuffed it will make me look like i gained 40 lbs. Lulu always used to do a great job of making puffy down coats that looked feminine and cute. So sad šŸ™

15. October 24, 2018 / 9:48 am

Looking for feedback on fast and frees. I do crossfit, so not a ton of running, but some high intensity stuff. How do they hold up? Reviews are terrible, but they felt so comfortable when trying on. I typically never have issues with pilling, and launder all my stuff per instruction, but read that they pill so bad holes form? Anyone who has some who would like to comment I appreciate it. Just don’t want to fork out that much dough for something that won’t last.

October 24, 2018 / 10:23 am

Fast and Frees are my go to workout tights. They fit perfectly and donā€™t slide down (which used to happen with my ā€œAll the right placesā€ tights). I have a pair that I use exclusively for running twice a week in the hot weather and they still fit great and have no pilling. It seems like it might depend on your body type as to whether they stay up or not. The correct size is important too. I sized down in these based on the advice of the salesperson and they work great for me. They are the only workout tights I buy anymore.

October 24, 2018 / 10:26 am

Forgot to mention that I use them for both lifting and yoga. The darker colors and patterns donā€™t show embarrassing sweat marks on legs days. I use the lighter colors for yoga.

• anonymous
      October 25, 2018 / 1:30 pm

Fast & Frees have become my go-to pant for all things gym, lift, run. I have not had any pilling issues. I tend to wonder what those reviewers actually do to make them pill so bad that they get holes…I just don’t see how. I’ve put my Fast & Frees through some heavy duty workouts all the way down to Yoga and wear them constantly in rotation and they look brand new still.

16. Estella Morrison
    October 24, 2018 / 1:53 pm

Fast and Frees are ok. Even though they are made of Nulux, they have an interior drawcord that you can tighten when you feel them sliding down. I have a pair for regular training, and have no complaints about them.

17. LZ
    October 25, 2018 / 11:15 am

I’ve been eyeing the define in Misty Meadow, and it hit WMTM today. Does anyone know how the color compares to Dark Forest? Obviously it’s lighter–but is it still in the same grey/green family? It’s so hard to tell from the poorly represented colors in the model pics. Thanks!

October 27, 2018 / 4:37 pm

It is close to Earl Grey. šŸ™‚

And thank you, Cristina for all you do. I think you are a rockstar.

October 25, 2018 / 1:13 pm

Lots of items hit WMTM today! If you like the Contour Jacket, all colors are on sale. They even have 2 colors on the U.S. site that never made it as a full priced item. If you are tall and/or long waisted and the Define is too short for you, this is a great jacket to order. And itā€™s TTS. šŸ™‚

• anonymous
      October 25, 2018 / 1:33 pm

That’s because those 2 colors are/were made to go straight to WMTM/Outlet store. There are several pieces on there that are made for the outlet and were never released in stores or online except for going straight to WMTM. Lulu has been doing that since they increased their outlet footprint and put them everywhere. Some of the made for factory stuff fits different and feels different. Definitely not the same merchandise as the full price stuff that’s on the website.

October 25, 2018 / 1:40 pm

Uh-oh. šŸ˜³ I ordered the Tonic Teal color which did make it to the Canadian market. Iā€™ve been waiting for it to come to the U.S. I figured it was surplus from other markets. Thanks for the heads up. I have a number of these jackets so I will inspect it carefully to see if itā€™s up to par. Iā€™ll make a stink with an online review if itā€™s not as expected.

• Jen
        October 25, 2018 / 7:19 pm

I HATE that they make straight to outlet and market it as regular merchandise on sale. Itā€™s absolutely not the same. Iā€™ve had energy bras from the site full priced and then from the outlets and thereā€™s a difference. If itā€™s made for outlets it should be disclosed.

• anonymous
          October 27, 2018 / 4:06 pm

Just FYI: The MFF Energy bras will have a seam in the back middle between the straps, the regular store/online ones do not. Look at the close up on the back on the WMTM section on the U.S. side. You’ll see the seam on the close up of the Raspberry color, which is an MFF and the Lemon Ice doesn’t have it (non-MFF). That’s how you can tell on the Energy Bras at least.

October 27, 2018 / 5:12 pm

What does MFF mean? Sorry for the newbie question.

October 28, 2018 / 10:03 am

I think it means ā€œMade For Factoryā€.

October 28, 2018 / 9:48 pm

Thank you! It makes sense now. šŸ™‚

19. Mrs. P
    October 27, 2018 / 3:37 pm

I canā€™t find the Time to Thrive jacket on the site. Did it sell out or was it taken down? Iā€™m in Canada.

• Cristina