The Lululemon x Taryn Toomey Collection upload is up!

Did you order anything? I was very interested to see that many of these pieces are ‘silk blend’ and cashmere, and machine washable. I’m curious to see how well these would perform in a sweaty studio workout. They seem to be more to/from than purposeful practical items for the style of workout that The Class is.  Other than my functionality questions, I think the pieces are gorgeous. I really like the Heart Opener Knit Cami but I wonder if it can be worn untied in the back or if that is a permanent feature. I ordered that one in the Misty Moss to try on in person. I also really love the Heart Opener Knit Wrap but it seems like it has to be worn wrapped around like a ballet wrap, plus it’s cropped, so I’m not sure it will work for me. The other item I ordered is the Heart Opener Long Sleeve because I love the look of the silk material. The Heart Opener Tank is also silk, and the Heart Opener Halter is made of cashmere. Basically I was most interested in the silk and cashmere items and the very pieces that lack function for workouts. lol! For functionality I think I would have loved a tank in the Dusty Mauve color of the Awakening Tight which is full on luxtreme.

What do you guys think of the collection? Did you order anything?

Last Tuesday’s Lululemon upload

Heart Opener Long SleeveHeart Opener Long Sleeve Taryn Toomey Lululemon Heart Opener Long Sleeve Taryn Toomey Lululemon

Awakening CropLululemon Taryn Toomey Awakening CropAwakening Crop Taryn Toomey

Awakening TankAwakening Tank Taryn Toomey

Heart Opener Knit Cami Taryn Toomey Lululemon
Heart Opener Knit Cami Taryn Toomey Lululemon
Heart Opener Knit Cami Taryn Toomey Lululemon Heart Opener Knit Cami Taryn Toomey Lululemon Heart Opener Knit Cami Taryn Toomey Lululemon

Awakening Bra Taryn Toomey Lululemon
Awakening Bra Taryn Toomey Lululemon
Awakening Bra Taryn Toomey Lululemon Awakening Bra Taryn Toomey Lululemon

Awakening Tight Taryn Toomey Lululemon
Awakening Tight Taryn Toomey Lululemon
Awakening Tight Taryn Toomey Lululemon

Heart Opener Bodysuit Taryn Toomey Lululemon
Heart Opener Bodysuit Taryn Toomey Lululemon
Heart Opener Bodysuit Taryn Toomey Lululemon Heart Opener Bodysuit Taryn Toomey Lululemon

Heart Opener Tank Taryn Toomey Lululemon
Heart Opener Tank Taryn Toomey Lululemon Heart Opener Tank Taryn Toomey Lululemon

Heart Opener Halter Taryn Toomey Lululemon
Heart Opener Halter Taryn Toomey Lululemon
Heart Opener Halter Taryn Toomey Lululemon Heart Opener Halter Taryn Toomey Lululemon

Heart Opener Meditation Cloak Taryn Toomey Lululemon
Heart Opener Meditation Cloak Taryn Toomey Lululemon
Heart Opener Meditation Cloak Taryn Toomey Lululemon

Heart Opener Knit WrapHeart Opener Knit Wrap Taryn Toomey Lululemon Heart Opener Knit Wrap Taryn Toomey Lululemon Heart Opener Knit Wrap Taryn Toomey Lululemon Heart Opener Knit Wrap Taryn Toomey Lululemon Heart Opener Knit Wrap Taryn Toomey Lululemon

The (Small) TowelThe (Small) Towel

Shop The Lululemon x Taryn Toomey Collection here

1. LS
    July 6, 2017 / 10:15 am

I wasn’t interested before, but it’s a total turnoff to see that several of these pieces are just re-releases of old products. Where does the collaboration aspect come in apart from profiting off of her brand?

2. E
    July 6, 2017 / 11:03 am

Hey LLM! What color of the heart opener ls did you order? I ordered the faint mauve in 10 and 12 because I don’t know how this style runs in size :/

• Cristina
      Author
      July 6, 2017 / 11:20 am

I ordered the mauve and green in my TTS. If keeping I will likely only keep the green.

• E
        July 6, 2017 / 12:18 pm

I loved the green too!

• Del
        July 6, 2017 / 8:13 pm

Christina, wondering if you know any stores in Canada that are supposed to be getting this capsule as I hesitated pulling the trigger on 2 items and really want to try them. If no online restock would like to try a phone order. Thanks so much

• Veronica
          July 7, 2017 / 6:53 pm

Queen St in Toronto is getting them for sure – I think Cristina said Robson in Vancouver as well.

3. Ashleigh
    July 6, 2017 / 11:05 am

I got the heart opener LS but only because the care instructions confirmed its machine wash/cold/gentle. I too, was worried that the silk blend was going to make it high maintenance. I’ll admit, I was mostly seduced by the beautiful serene colours and the pretty look of the fabric. I would have bought more, but my credit card needs rest.

4. Amanda
    July 6, 2017 / 11:43 am

I bought a few items, all in mauve. I just love mauve. I’m not sure any of the pieces will work for me since it seems like you have to be super skinny to rock most of them, but it’s worth a try!

5. Andreea
    July 6, 2017 / 11:52 am

They also added a few things to the regular upload – Dark Adobe Align Pants are now up, Dark Adobe Love Tee, Hotty Hots in ice milk, submarine swiftly tank, etc.

6. Taylor
    July 6, 2017 / 12:22 pm

Am I crazy or does it look like there’s two different shades of mauve in the awakening tight? I ordered size 2 and 4 just in case they aren’t true to size.

• Taylor
      July 6, 2017 / 12:27 pm

Actually I just made a collage with the models wearing the dusty mauve awakening tights and I see three different color variations from different models wearing them. I wonder which shade I will receive.

7. K
    July 6, 2017 / 12:47 pm

I got the heart opener halter but now I am regretting it because apparently it has “no cups for a barely there feeling”….

• Lulubell
      July 6, 2017 / 1:26 pm

Oh no! That’s the only thing in my cart. Glad I saw this before ordering! It looked so cute, but I need the cups. I like the wrap sweater too, but I’m on the taller side, so I need a little more length to balance it out.

The collection is pretty. The flowy look and the colors are gorgeous, but none of these pieces are functional for me personally or match my style. I’m sure some ladies will rock these pieces though.

8. Ella
    July 6, 2017 / 12:55 pm

Colors are pretty but the cut of the tops is horrendous, and I know it’s been said before but if I see one more knotted top I’m going to lose it. Would have bought all 3 colors in the “awakening crops” (aka In The Flow crops h.e.l.l.o.) but they’re all sold out already which I’m dubious about but whatever. Nothing. Again.

• Rise and Shine
      July 7, 2017 / 2:40 am

And the bra is an Ebb to Street dupe. I love them for hot yoga. Would be nice if they just brought back some of these styles. I know people would really love to see In the Flows make a return.

9. Rise and Shine
    July 6, 2017 / 1:55 pm

I got the knit tank but didn’t have time to notice that the back is split so that you have to tie it. Not going to be doing that. So, it’ll go back. Too bad.

10. Mrs. O
    July 6, 2017 / 3:05 pm

I’m interested in the heart opener ls in mauve, the heart opener tank and halter in either the green or mauve, heart opener knit tank, heart opener wrap in green, awakening crop (not sure what color) and possibly the cloak (it’s so feminine and flowy). It appears the crops are sold out online. Three of my local stores will be getting the collection tonight and available tomorrow. I’m going to go first thing in the morning to actually feel and try on the items. I have a feeling I’m going to have to go to several stores because none of them know if they are getting a full collection. An ed told me they are keeping an eye on the items that are selling out fast and hoping they will be getting them in store.

11. CT
    July 6, 2017 / 4:31 pm

Although quite basic in design these pieces look quite stunning when paired with these gorgeous colours. It was nice to see ruching on the halter tank, a design detail I would like to see more often. Although I didn’t purchase anything I think this collection is daring yet sophisticated.

12. Beth
    July 6, 2017 / 4:48 pm

I think the pieces tell a beautiful color story for someone else with a completely different lifestyle and body from me. They are not for me at all!

13. Gymmie
    July 6, 2017 / 6:12 pm

I do like some items but not practical for me as i wear lll to gym…not for casual. Halter is cute but likely not supportive. The tights are nice in purple though i would have loved them in silver like the crops. Does it look like the seam on crotch runs down leg like kdeer ? I like crops but find them a bit pricey for seamless tights.

14. Annabelle
    July 6, 2017 / 6:24 pm

YAWN…….

15. Nan
    July 6, 2017 / 7:54 pm

Invisibility cloak…that’s all I can think of.

16. Lulubell
    July 6, 2017 / 8:42 pm

I was interested in the halter, but as someone noted above– no cups. Bummer. I definitely need cups. Also, I like the wrap sweater a lot, but I think I’m too tall for it. The proportions would be all wrong.

The fabrics are interesting for sure. I’d love to test them at the store. I’m skeptical though, since I didn’t really think the Kit & Ace technical cashmere was that great.

The colors are pretty and I love the flowy look, but as many have stated, the pieces don’t seem super functional. The lighter colors usually highlight any sweat and I need support in tops/bras. It seems like it was made as loungewear. I’m sure some will totally rock these pieces and look like zen masters. It’s just not for me, but overall, a decent collection.

July 7, 2017 / 5:15 am

If we’re not on our local store’s email list, how can we find out if they are receiving this collection?

• emily
      July 7, 2017 / 1:55 pm

You can search local stores via the app or online.

18. JP
    July 7, 2017 / 6:08 am

I ordered the heart opener wrap sweater in all three colours. I am intrigued by the fabric and love this colours. (But not sure if they will love me back) I can wear these to work ( holistic practitioner) with perhaps a CRB underneath but only if they are not too revealing. I will see if a) they look good and b) which colour looks best. Otherwise they will all go back. I too am glad to see some rushing details again and it is a pretty colour story. Agree with LLM about the workout functionality which is why I didn’t order anything else to try.

19. Sherry
    July 7, 2017 / 12:02 pm

I’m dying to see these pieces on people who aren’t Taryn Toomey or lululemon models!! I ordered the heart opener knit cami and a new yoga mat. I looove the colour pallet but I’m sure none of the pieces will work for me. (I’m hoping the cami will, but I don’t have a good feeling). They seem to be designed for people with a body type and lifestyle that isn’t mine lol.

20. Samantha
    July 7, 2017 / 12:54 pm

As others have stated, these are nice pieces in beautiful, soft colors. They don’t work for me functionally in the gym, or even out of the gym. I won’t be purchasing anything.

21. Miranda
    July 7, 2017 / 12:56 pm

I am in love with the bodysuit, but missed out on it and all stores are sold out, bummer! If anyone sees or has a size 4 in either color of the heart opener body suite I would LOVE you so much and even pay some angel fees. Shoot me an email at [email protected]

22. C
    July 7, 2017 / 1:31 pm

I snoozed and missed out on everything 🙁 Had to call New York store to order awaikining tank and halter. Really excited to see them

23. emily
    July 7, 2017 / 1:56 pm

I looked at it. And while I love the color story, I don’t love the styles for me. I think it will look lovely on someone with the right body and attitude. I need a bit more coverage though.

July 7, 2017 / 3:03 pm

I would have LIKED to purchase some items but apparently if you are a 4 or 6 you have to log on right at upload to get anything. Super disappointed. I knewc of the upload but wasn’t sure of time frame so I guess I went on too late and anything I wanted in my size was sold out. Of course stores don’t actually pick up the phone like ever so…im SOL, I’m also hating that 2 [email protected]&!ing stores in all of Canada got these items?! WTF lulu? You continually disappoint.

• Rise and Shine
      July 8, 2017 / 4:34 am

Yeah, I think some of the resellers were in there like a shot. You can see a bunch of the collection on eBay with $50 markups. Also, the tops are all kind of flowy/oversized, so I’m sure some people sized down, which puts more pressure on the smaller sizes.

Although I don’t think this is the most practical collection – and certainly won’t work on most body types – I do really appreciate how feminine it is. With all the black and gray and boxy shapes over the last year, I was beginning to feel like Lulu was going unisex. If nothing else, this collection is super feminine, so I appreciate that.

25. mara
    July 8, 2017 / 7:05 pm

I got both pants, 3 crops and one wrap. I got the knitted tank and i think you have to wear it knotted, or at least it looked really big on me loose. I returned that one because it wasn’t flattering at all.
    I think the tops are too delicate to work out on {especially the knitted ones), but the bottoms are like any other lulu (of course the white is delicate, but is lux).
    The crops are longer than in the flows, not as stretchy and not thick like ebb to street.
    I love the feminine colors and the collection looks beautiful together and with many of the muted colors lulu’s being releasing lately.
    The bra is for small cups and looked zero supportive.
    I couldn’t try anything else in store but i wished i could’ve got the silky tops too, they looked super luxurious. And I think a lot of body types can rock this collection!

26. C
    July 8, 2017 / 9:13 pm

I got 2 awakening tanks in mauve and green, 1 halter top in pink, and 2 crops in mauve and ice gray. I doubt I’ll be working out in tanks mostly bc my workouts are high intensity and these tops seem to be too delicate. But they should great for casual wear