by Cristina

The Lululemon Upload

March 12, 2019

The Lululemon Upload is live! Three Love Crew/Tee’s in Fade for me. I’m still deciding on last weeks Noir Crops. They are absolutely lovely. I think I need to get them slightly hemmed though because they are a not quite the right length for me proportionally. I love both colors in them but I will probably just keep the black ones.

Love Crew * Fade

I love these! Ordered the French Clay one, and the Love Tee Fade in Blue Moon. I and am considering the Gleam. Last year Lululemon put out an overdye Love Tee similar to these on the US side and I waited and waited for it to come to Canada but it never did.

Love Crew Fade

Love Tee *Fade

Swiftly Tech LS (Breeze)

Swiftly tech long sleeve breeze

Unwind Your Mind Dress

Unwind Your Mind Dress

This dress would look so cute with the Veja Sneakers I posted about last week.

Scuba Hoodie *Light

Mink Berry is back! This colour is so popular it sold out when the original Mink Berry scuba came out a few years ago, and was a very hot reseller.

Scuba Hoodie, Mink berry

Sooth Away Hoodie

Soothe Away Hoodie

Mist Over Windbreaker

Forget The Sweat Tight

Forget The Sweat Tight  25"
Forget The Sweat Tight 25"
Forget The Sweat Tight 25"

Align Pant II

Love Crew Fade
Love Crew Fade
Unwind Your Mind Dress
The Rain Is Calling Jacket II
Love Crew International Women’s Day
Noir Crop
catch a moment zip up hoodie
always effortless jacket
Uncaged Bra
Fast and Free 7/8 Pant II
On Pace Crop
Wunder Under Pant Hi-Rise 7/8 Tight
Sculpt Tank II
Lululemon Collective Affiliate Disclosure

Searching For Shoes Featured On The Lululemon Upload? Find Them Here!

31 responses to “The Lululemon Upload”

1. Gymmie says:

Wow that “are you out of your mind” dress is Lulu trying so hard. Nothing again for me. That’s about 2 months now…yay I have been trying to stop. Sometimes I like the item but I have to stop and ask myself is $138 for tights to wear couple tones a year justified? I really have to love the print. But I have over 100 tights so it is hard to cycle through them especially with short weather around the corner.
    I don’t get the craze for white aligns. I love white but one has to be so careful. I have white tights from a few years back with the lovely cut out floral wide waistband that I am ever so careful with when I wear to gym…lol twice a year .
    The mist over windbreaker is such a pretty colour.
    I will likely wait for wmtm if I still like it then
    Love your blog and thx for effort of keeping us updated on all things Lulu!

• LZ says:

White is a big no-no for me–can’t handle it. It gets ruined just hanging out in my house.

This is yet another week of boring, ugly stuff I don’t want. I’m hoping to see dark red In Movements or Aligns but won’t hold my breath.

Thank u, next.

• shadowy_lady says:

I agree about the red mist over windbreaker in red. That is the only item I’m interested in. I will need to try it on though and I also am not sure I want to pay full price for it.

2. Charlotte says:

Wow, I didnt think it could get at worse and it did! Terrible!

I ordered the “To the Beat” tight in gray sage. It was uploaded a couple of weeks ago in this exact color and when I tried to order it a couple of days later, it was gone. (It wasn’t even on the website anymore.) I was glad to see it back today and there’s another color option of plum shadow. I like the fabric (Everlux) and hope the seams will be flattering. ?

4. Estella Morrison says:

Re: Sooth away Hoodie. Its one thing to slap a not-so-subtle logo on a Scuba hoodie, but to spell out the company’s name in huge letters on the hood? Never in a million years would I buy anything like that. I’m sure I’m not the only one…
    There’s also a pair of Cashlu pants uploaded. I wonder how that ultrafinicky knit will behave in pants.

• Anonymous says:

Saw it in person today – awful

• Rise and Shine says:

I’m with you. I was interested in it until I saw the label all over the hood. Cheapens the whole brand.

You know, I had high hopes when Holman left, but this is not much better, I’m sorry to say. Better colors – slightly – but quite dull/ugly designs. And still all the crappy cuts like crb 2, speed up tights, and the current dance studio pants. Hoping for better, but this is a really rough patch.

5. Estellamorrison says:

The dress with the knot in front looks childish.

• Anonymous says:

Agreed… I’m not a fan of the obvious branding and BIG letters. And I’m not sure what to make of that dress.

• Cristina says:

It’s such a rip off of the big block logo trend from all the luxury brands, particularily in the black/white. It screems trying really hard to be D&G, but the non luxury price point. You can see this with brands like CK, Fila, Tommy Hilfiger etc. Those brands pull it off because they have vintage appeal (and affordability), not just recognizable branding. It is very much catering to the millenial instragram customer base.

• Anonymous says:

It seems to be trending. In my gym I’ve noticed the big block logo from brands such as Sweaty Betty, Gymshark, and Alphalete.

• Anonymous says:

And when you go to use the hood, now you have Lululemon in huge letters UPSIDE DOWN AND BACKWARDS across your forehead.

6. Gymmie says:

Well I broke down and ordered the windbreaker in the gorgeous red. However I just noticed there is no venting in arm pits. Not sure I will like that if fabric doesn’t breathe. I’m curious to see how true red the cloud is too. I ordered a pima cotton tee from banana republic at half price…$15 I think. It is a gorgeous true red and the fabric is so nice! And I don’t have to feel bad disposing of it afterwards at that price! They also had a fit flare dress in red and also in black that is the stretch ponte fabric…so similar to the go ‘TIL dawn dresss from a couple years ago. $72 on half price deal…it’s a keeper too!

I thought that this being a important year, they would release some favorites!! Like the back on track jacket! Or the apres jacket (ermagawd that one is still gorgeous)! Carbon 38 has some super stylish items! I havent bought anything in months. Except black aligns. And i regretted cause I have 4 others. So ya. I am super bored with lulu. I dont even go in the store anymore!

8. Corrie says:

I actually really like the new dress! But only in the black. Thinking about it for spring/summer running around with my toddler at the park and the beach. It looks casual enough to throw over a baking suit but cute enough to dress up for a night out (only the black though, not a fan of the red at all).

I’m still hoping for more stripes to come out. Love me some stripes! I’d love to see some polka dots too or some kind of variation on them

• Reign says:

I agree what you said about the dress. Looks like a nice, casual dress. From the pic online, the black looks see thru on the backside. Guess I’ll have to check it out in the store.

9. SueW says:

Same thing week after week. No interesting tops, same old crbs, swiftlies and sculpt tanks. Jackets and more jackets, pants and more of the same pants in dull colours. I so badly (read “desperately”) wanna buy something but there is absolutely nothing to tempt me. It’s been a few dry months now…I am still waiting. What’s the new CEO doing?

10. Bethany says:

I like the scuba in mink berry. I haven’t bought a scuba since the scuba II. I took a size 8 in the II. Is the fit of the newest ones similar?

• Stacy says:

For me, the newest version are still TTS. A lot of the reviews say to size up because the arms and/or shoulders are tighter. But, if you have a smaller frame, I found the fit similar to before. It probably depends on your build in the shoulders/arms area. I’m considering mink berry too! I need a new scuba like a hole in the head, but that color is so pretty!! I know I would wear it a ton.

I saw the Sooth Away Hoodie and thought it looked promising until I saw the back and said , NO WAY! LLL continues to make new product that does nothing for me. Everything new has no appeal and what used to be regular purchases of staple items, I can no longer buy due to change in fit. I don’t know what upsets me more that their new product sucks or that they have ruined my favourite pieces. This company for so many years was my go to for everything in athletic and casual wear and now I rarely buy anything.

IMO they have ruined the majority of their bottoms, not leggings, but joggers and casual pants/crops with too tight waistbands and shorter crotches that now eat your butt and guarantees the dreaded CT. The waistbands are so tight that after an hour to two they become unbearable to wear and sizing up doesn’t even help. They release a new version of the Dance Studio Crop that stripped away every detail that made those crops so great and now they look and fit nothing like the originals. They even messed up the Dance Studio Jogger by putting the seam down the front of the leg instead of the back, which was a staple design feature in the entire Dance Studio Line. Most of their new jackets are a far cry from what the awesome jackets they used to make. Their shorts got a makeover too which changed the fit which stopped me in my tracks from ever purchasing Run Times again. The winter months were when I used to spend the most and now I maybe buy one to two tops but even those I am not fully happy with. I could go on and on about the screw ups they have made that made no sense at all but it’s time to put an end to this misery, bye bye LLL.

• Danika says:

this a thousand times!!
      I am also annoyed at the waistbands, grrrrr. they made them so uncomfortable. I cannot bend without feeling like something is cutting me in two at the waist. I loved the low rise leggings, but now they got rid of pretty much all of them and kept only the high-rise ones.
      the lack of details is probably their way of saving money. like then they decided to get rid of the ruching on the speed tights. that was the detail that made them special and it is gone…

• Anonymous says:

I forgot about mentioning the loss of low rise! I too prefer the lower rise leggings as the high rise ones end up folding over and just don’t work for me. I guess they are into making high rise to go with the cropped tops and jackets.

• Rise and Shine says:

With you completely. Fit and details were what set Lulu apart, and now both are gone. They keep removing details – now Fast and Frees’ admittedly useless but cute reflective dots are gone – and fit hasn’t been good for years.

I understand that if they lost some really great pattern makers, they can no longer design new clothes with great fit, but why can’t they go back to the old products that worked so well? Take Speed Tights. They were iconic. Then they started adding mesh to them, which many people hated, so they retired them and replaced them with Speed Ups, which really, really suck but don’t have mesh. I don’t get it. Just bring back no-mesh Speed Tights. Why is this hard?

People hated how Speed Shorts’ cut changed over time, so they killed them off and replaced them with shorts with yet another failed fit. (Well, hellooo short rise – don’t really need shorts that are so … in my personal space.) Why the [email protected]#! can’t they re-release the old cut Speed Shorts? Again, this does not seem hard.

The new designs aren’t compelling, and fit, functionality, and details are gone. I’m rapidly losing patience with the new leadership.

12. JB says:

Ditto re. the dull upload! I’ve been waiting ages for a decent raincoat. The ones years ago were thick with lovely lining, grosgrain ribbon trim. They were substantial, kept the rain out and looked great. I had mine for years. This year I have tried every rain coat at Lulu hoping to find a replacement. None looked anywhere near as cute but I needed something. Eventually I bought one I didn’t love, but thought might work anyway. The zipper was faulty and kept getting stuck! Not a good thing in the rain! I had to return it. The next one was meant for travel and could be packed in a pillow. When I took it out of the bag it was a wrinkled mess. Had to return that too. Why can’t they make variations of the older, lovely designs that were also such high quality? I also have a closet of older Lulu but buy almost nothing anymore

• Anonymous says:

I lucked out and bought a used Fo Drizzle Jacket about a year ago that’s in perfect condition. I absolutely love it. They just don’t make rain jackets like they used to and thankfully I won’t be needing a new one for many years!

13. Anon says:

Maybe if it’s happening the St. Martin 2019 collection can redeem the year. Anyone know if/when it’ll come out?

14. Ecop says:

It’s nice to see new and different colours, but they’re all so random and all over the place that it’s hard to coordinate them into actual outfits that look good…

15. Wei says:

Has anyone tried the love crew faded? Not sure if I should go with tts or size up for a more relaxed look. TIA!