Lululemon 20 Year Anniversary

August 20, 2018

Lululemon 20 Year Anniversary Special Edition Product

The Lululemon 20 Year Anniversary Special Edition items coming for tomorrows upload have just been revealed! Many of you have been asking about the 20 year anniversary which is on August 23, and whether or not we’d see anything special. All stores have been given a budget to have a celebration party and they’ve also recreated the iconic Lululemon Manifesto on some new shoppers. They’ve also created a special edition energy bra and wunder under in both red and black with the embossed manifesto. There are rumors about a new logo but I find it hard to believe that Lululemon would let go of such an iconic logo. It would be like apple using a different logo!

It’s so crazy to me that Lululemon first hit the streets in 1998. I was graduating from high school in 1998! I still remember the battle between the Aritzia TNA sweat pant and matching hoodie vs. the Lululemon tights and remix hoodie. This was also during the Juicy Couture matching velour sweat suit faze. In Vancouver, you were either a Lululemon girl or a TNA girl in 1998.

It’s even crazier to me that I’ve been blogging about Lululemon for just about 10 years now.  I started this blog at some time during a delirious 3 am feed of my newborn baby daughter. Hence my original blog title ‘Lulumum’.

Hey, It’s 3 am and I’m aimlessly googling product reviews about Lululemon and stocking random uploads of the Remix Hoodie Lux – why don’t I try doing a blog since I’ve now got 24 hours a day of wakeful time stuck under a newborn.

Lulumum

And the rest is history because I completely fell in love with blogging and I’ve enjoyed every second of evolving this blog into what it is today.

When did you start shopping Lululemon?

Lululemon 20 Year Anniversary

Sooth Away Hoodie
Love Tee Fade
Love Crew Fade
Love Crew Fade
Unwind Your Mind Dress
The Rain Is Calling Jacket II
catch a moment zip up hoodie
always effortless jacket
Essential Tank
Wunder Under Hi-Rise Tight MESH
Uncaged Bra
Fast and Free 7/8 Pant II
On Pace Crop
Wunder Under Pant Hi-Rise 7/8 Tight

33 responses to “Lululemon 20 Year Anniversary”

1. S O says:

I think the manifesto print would have been great on a hat, vinyasa scarf, small wallet or small bag.

2. Becca says:

I got my first Lulu crops in 2002ish at a Bikram yoga studio. They’re indestructible and I still wear them, just a little pilly!

3. Suze says:

Late ’90s/early ’00s TNA & Talula tween/teen here! However, once I got hooked on Lulu in 2004 (age 18) ‘cuz of the Groove Pant, I never turned back. Once I was graduated from BCIT & began working, my Wilfred & Babaton collection started…& is still going strong, unfortunately for my wallet. I have a few Constant (https://www.aritzia.com/en/brands/constant) pieces too.

4. runrunyogi says:

I graduated in ’98 too! Living in Iowa however, I was not introduced to Lulu until years later. Gosh, I didn’t even have my own cell phone yet!

I’m definitely stopping by my local store, thanks for the heads up!

5. emily says:

I’ve only worn Lululemon for a little over five years. It was spring 2013 and I was running a local 10k. Our local store had recently opened so I went to check it out. I bought some Groovy Run shorts (that I still have), wore them the next day, and have been hooked every since!

6. Gail says:

Okay, this is a little odd, but I read the true crime book, “Murder in the Yoga Store” about five years ago, and although the murder was horrible, it somehow inspired me to check out Lululemon and I’ve been a fan since then.

7. shadowy_lady says:

I graduated high school in 2001 here in Ottawa, Ontario. We had grade 13 at the time though (they got rid of that grade a couple of years after I graduated). I actually bought my first Lululemon items before I started university later that fall during a trip to Vancouver. I bought two pairs of Grove pants. By I bought, I mean my dad bought them for me 😛

I was definitely more of an Aritzia girl back then though, TNA FTW. Never got into Juicy Couture.

I feel old now lol!

LOL LULUMUM, so that’s how your LLL blog was born! Boy talk about flashbacks, those Juicy Couture velour sweat suits which I hate to admit but I liked but couldn’t afford. The first time I saw LLL product, my sister-in-law was wearing these beautiful light yellow sweat material long shorts to the knee. The next day I ventured into the LLL store on Whyte Ave. in Edmonton for the first time and bought a pair of Groove Pants. I don’t remember the year but it wasn’t long after they opened and I remember being a little intimidated going into a yoga store not being into yoga at the time. Those Groove Pants were to die for comfort wise and the two pairs I had I wore for at least 10 years. Next came the Groovy Run Shorts, Dance Studio Crops and Pants and I was hooked. I started running in early 2000 and I remember how happy I was to find the Groovy Run Short because I had been wearing Adidas and Nike shorts but didn’t like the fit or how they looked. Women’s runnings shorts back then were not flattering at all but the Groovy Run Shorts actually looked good on and were technically a great running short.

I am not embarrassed to say I have spent spent a lot of money at LLL over the last 20 years but this one brand has been a godsend when it comes to athletic wear and athleisure wear. For all the changes over the years and some not so great, I still have to say thank goodness for Lululemon!

• Anonymous says:

P.S. U.K. site has new product now but you have to scroll all the way down to see some new stuff. There is also a 20th anniversary Swiftly which I am definitely going to get. It’s not flashing 20th but is subtly written on the hem.

• emily says:

I bought the Swiftly today. I wanted something and the other stuff was just too high in price for me. I like the manifesto print but would prefer them on shorts. Also, the red Scuba coming looks gorgeous! I may cave on that one!

• Cristina says:

Yup, for some reason I got the itch that I had to run a half marathon so I was constantly reviewing running gear. I ended up running the BMO Half Marathon a year later.

9. Jenna says:

Do you think there will be any discount? And in the US, are the anniversary items in store only?

• emily says:

According to my store, the items are there on the site, but haven’t dropped yet (US). They could see them on their devices as “sold out,” but I couldn’t pull them up. They should drop today.

10. Anon says:

Gee i bought everything in flamenco red assuming it was a true red…now i need to see how this compares.

I think it was circa 1999 or 2000 when I made my 1st purchase. It was a brown velour almost like Juicy Couture, but it was a Lulu jacket! I purchased it on Yonge St in Toronto and had it until just a few years ago when I couldn’t wear it any more! Since then, the Groove Crop has been a staple of mine and have collected quite a few pairs as they were discontinued…but I think they were brought back, right? Also the original Modern Racerback was my favorite as well. Those dipped dyed ones were great and I have about 5 of them still!

• Stacy says:

I suddenly just remembered I have one of those dip dyed Modern Racerbacks too! It’s probably at the bottom of a drawer somewhere in my closet. I should dig it. It was so comfy!!

12. Joanna says:

My first Lululemon was a white power y tank, a bangbuster, groove pants and gather and crow crops; bought from the store on 4th Ave while I was going to UBC. This was in 2001 – ish. I have no idea what I was wearing in 1998. Not Lulu, but I’m drawing a complete blank on my undergrad years lol. We literally had NO good stores in our mall. Probably Below the Belt was the only ‘cool’ store available.

13. Cristina says:

Guys, there is a substantial price increase for these 20yr Anniversary Items. The Energy Bra is $72.

14. Erika says:

Christina! I graduated in 1998 too but from Windsor, ON! We didn’t have lulu around since the closest store was in Toronto. I started buying after my 3rd baby was born in 2014. I saw a race photo of myself and my boobs were at my belly button (darn gravity!) and said I need to do something about this. I ordered a bunch of Tata Tamers to figure out my size, put them on and said FINALLY I have 2 boobs and they are lifted! After that I moved on to Pace Rivals and was amazed at how they slimmed everything down. It was definitely a confidence booster for me to see some shape in my body again. Well let’s just say the addiction began then and I have never looked back. I wear everything Lulu for running and yoga and casual and have yet to be disappointed. It sounds cheesy but I do feel good wearing their clothing.

I was in store today and saw the 20th anniversary product. I had intentions of buying a Swiftly 20th top but I just didn’t need any of the colours available so I didn’t. I asked what the store was planning on Thursday and was told there would be no discount and all they were doing is putting up balloons!!! I heard all stores were getting some money to put on events and all this store is doing is balloons, I think I will try a different store that day, lol.

16. Estella Morrison says:

I bought my first (black) Groove pants for $98 in 1999 on Yonge Street at Briar Hill. My daughter insisted I buy a pair and pointed out the shapely bum of the sales ladies, who were all in their late teens. That was a lot of money for me for a pair of pants, but I wanted said shapely bum real bad. Thus began my obsession with Lululemon. That obsession considerably abated in the past couple of years. I feel like at the end of a love affair – the magic is gone, and I’m not even interested in bringing it back. Which takes me to the disappointment I felt when I saw today’s upload. Is this all? Is this how LLL plans to celebrate its 20 years of existence? Splashing a huge lululemon sign on fabric, teasing some camo, and printing that tacky looking manifesto on red leggings is not what I expected of an iconic athletic wear company. Lululemon survived so much, and apparently still riding high. Their celebration should be something that says thanks to its customer base, digs up some favourite designs, and creates something breath taking new. Not a redesigned shopping bag.

17. Estella Morrison says:

19. Estella says:

I bought my first (black) Groove pants for $98 in 1999 on Yonge Street at Briar Hill. My daughter insisted I buy a pair and pointed out the shapely bum of the sales ladies, who were all in their late teens. That was a lot of money for me for a pair of pants, but I wanted said shapely bum real bad. Thus began my obsession with Lululemon. That obsession considerably abated in the past couple of years. I feel like at the end of a love affair – the magic is gone, and I’m not even interested in bringing it back. Which takes me to the disappointment I felt when I saw today’s upload. Is this all? Is this how LLL plans to celebrate its 20 years of existence? Splashing a huge lululemon sign on fabric, teasing some camo, and printing that tacky looking manifesto on red leggings is not what I expected of an iconic athletic wear company. Lululemon survived so much, and apparently still riding high. Their celebration should be something that says thanks to its customer base, digs up some favourite designs, and creates something breathtaking new. Not a redesigned shopping bag.

I bought my first (black) Groove pants for $98 in 1999 on Yonge Street at Briar Hill. My daughter insisted I buy a pair and pointed out the shapely bum of the sales ladies, who were all in their late teens. That was a lot of money for me for a pair of pants, but I wanted said shapely bum real bad. Thus began my obsession with Lululemon. That obsession considerably abated in the past couple of years. I feel like at the end of a love affair – the magic is gone, and I’m not even interested in bringing it back. Which takes me to the disappointment I felt when I saw today’s upload. Is this all? Is this how LLL plans to celebrate its 20 years of existence? Splashing a huge lululemon sign on fabric, teasing some camo, and printing that tacky looking manifesto on red leggings is not what I expected of an iconic athletic wear company. Lululemon survived so much, and is apparently still riding high. Their celebration should be something that says thanks to its customer base, digs up some favourite designs, and creates something breath taking new. Not a redesigned shopping bag.

• Cristina says:

So sorry E, I just found your comments in the spam folder for some reason. I just released them and they shouldn’t get caught up again. Let me know if you have any problems posting again.

21. Nelly says:

I’ve been a long time reader of your blog but have never commented before. I have loved and supported Lululemon for a looong time but the last few years have been so uninspired. I walk into the store and there is nothing that grabs me. I have found that I am left purchasing old staple designs in new colours. I am bored. It used to be that I walked into a store and fell in love with something and knew that my life would not be complete without it! I used to stalk uploads and drool. I find that now they have uninspired designs and just change the colours of things. The innovation is gone. The feminine touches are gone. It’s plain, boxy clothes for the most part. It’s sad. I miss the old days.
    The 20 year anniversary capsule is terrible. They would have been smart to re-release old favourites that people loved.
    Why don’t they listen to their customers? The issue in Canada is that they don’t have a direct competitor but when it comes I think their profits will suffer. I keep buying the same boring styles because I don’t know what else to buy and I need to rotate my work out clothes.
    Have you noticed that on their facebook posts the comments seem really canned? It almost seems like employees are told to comment on things to pretend they are customers.
    It’s crazy how much things have changed! I used to love this brand so much. Now the clothes are just meh.