Ebates Coupons and Cash BackDon’t forget to use your ebates like I did the other day!

This was a pretty small upload with just the shibori, ombre and splatter print stuff making up the bulk of it mixed in with a lot of product from the last several uploads. If the shibori print is calling to you, I recommend getting it. It’s really quite nice. I also really like the speckled black Cool Racerback but I need it to be the original version of the CRB. I would have otherwise ordered it immediately. The Wunder Under 1/2 tight is interesting. I wonder how it will look on someone short like me. I need to try that on when I get back to the store.

Did you guys order anything? what do you think of the shibori stuff?

Wunder Under Pant High Rise *Shibori

Wunder Under Pant High Rise Ombre

Shibori Energy Bra

Brunswick Muscle Tank

Speed Tight Splatter Reflective

Rush Hour 1/2 Zip
Feeling tempted by this blue one.

Free Runner Crop

Speed Shorts Ray is back!

Herringbone Define Jacket
What happened to the proportions of this jacket?

Cool Racerback II Heathered Black
Darn!! I would love this in a regular CRB!

Wunder Under Pant High Rise Graf Black

Brave The Cold Jacket

Pleat to Street Bomber

Wunder Under Pant III Fall Net

Run Around Crops

Pace Rival Crops Cross hatch

Wunder Under Hi Rise Half Tight

Work The Circuit Tank

October 25, 2016 / 10:20 pm

Wow! The new herringbone define looks SO short! Is it just me seeing this? I hope they didn't mess with the length in the torso.

October 25, 2016 / 10:49 pm

This print has been on the site for a few days now, not sure when it was uploaded but I ordered it a few days ago and am waiting for it to arrive. I certainly hope it hasn't changed in proportions!

• October 26, 2016 / 5:02 pm

WOW!! It looks extremelly short on that model, perhaps the sizing is different this year and they have her in one size too small? Yikes, mine from last year does not fit that short but is just as tight throughout.

October 26, 2016 / 10:20 pm

I was looking at the pictures of the defines in various colours, and I wonder if the herringbone jacket looks shorter because they've pulled the crb underneath down much further. If you compare it to the defines in other colours, the hem still seems to hit at the same place on the butt, and the distance from hem to crotch also looks the same. I'm really hoping it's just an illusion, and that they haven't messed with it. Somebody go to a store, try it on, and report back please!

October 27, 2016 / 3:37 am

I tried it on today and the length seems (to me) to be normal… maybe the model just has a long torso?

October 28, 2016 / 12:56 am

I guess it is just poor editing. There are a few pictures where the models look like missing some body parts.

October 25, 2016 / 10:29 pm

I see a couple reviews that the First Mile Tech Tights (last week's upload) run small. Can anyone confirm this?

October 25, 2016 / 10:39 pm

Yes, I had to size up from my usual 6 to an 8. And the Ed warned me as I was going in to my fitting room, so it wasn't just me.

October 25, 2016 / 10:40 pm

Ok awesome thank you so much!

3. October 25, 2016 / 10:39 pm

Lulumum did you also try on the darkest magenta shibori wu? I like that color too. Or was the black and white your fav?

• October 26, 2016 / 12:17 am

Me to! I think it shows the print better.

• Lulumum
      October 25, 2016 / 10:42 pm

Just the black and white because I was drawn to that one the most.

October 25, 2016 / 10:54 pm

Went to the store with full intention of getting the Ombre and Shibori. The Shibori just didn't look right on me and I'm too short for the Ombre. I wound up getting a bunch of stuff on markdown.

October 25, 2016 / 10:57 pm

Jeez i do not like any of this. Most of it is hideous, personally. I think the ombre looks nice but not exciting enough to order. Sigh. I was hoping for some good fall stuff. Maybe next week šŸ™‚

October 25, 2016 / 10:58 pm

Okay the brave the cold jacket is definitely beautiful I just don't need it.

6. October 25, 2016 / 11:04 pm

I would've gotten the shibori and the ombrƩ but I don't like luxtreme fabric. Maybe they'll release the pattern in another fabric but right now I've saved myself some $$

October 25, 2016 / 11:17 pm

Same here. I prefer Luon fabric. I actually really like the new Wunder Under 1/2 Tight too but it is Luxtreme fabric as well… also would prefer original WU waistband… šŸ™

October 25, 2016 / 11:39 pm

I personally prefer full on Luxtreme . So glad that they are making more stuff in it now. I don't like Luon because of pilling issues. You should check out this Luxtreme, it has matte finish and feels amazing. I also think it's more slimming than Luon due to more compression. I'm going to sell my Luon WU, will only keep a few

• October 27, 2016 / 1:04 am

Agreed Anon 4:39 I much prefer Luxtreme to Luon. Luon pills, it sticks, it catches and it attracts animal hair like crazy. The only exception I have are a couple of the textured luons (like spray jacquard) that are exceptionally soft and not really luon-like anyway. Luxtreme is much better (IMO) for workouts, especially crossfit.

October 27, 2016 / 3:34 am

I very much prefer luon, especially for yoga, which I practice daily. I'm just sad there aren't as many choices in luon crops and pants as there used to be. Glad there are some more luxtreme ones for those who prefer it, but hopefully they will keep a good balance of the two fabric choices to keep us all happy and not replace the majority of choices with luxtreme. Same with the waist bands. Hopefully they will strive for a better balance of choices with the regular wunder under style waist band and the high rise style waist band, these days seems like the majority is high rise.

• Lulumum
      October 27, 2016 / 3:37 am

Anon 8:34, I have noticed that Luon bottoms have been phased out over the last year.

October 25, 2016 / 11:14 pm

Oh, I love the new yoga mats representing different Canadian regions. I don't think I do yoga enough to warrant one though! But I can't figure out which one is at the top of the mats and props page?

October 25, 2016 / 11:34 pm

Oh, I love those! I would totally get one, but I'm in the US. Nice to see the company doing something special for Canada.

October 26, 2016 / 12:30 am

I think it's the 'West Coast' one (for Vancouver). It had the mountains in the back and an orca swimming in the foreground. It was the nicest one IMO. I looked at them when they first hit the website and it looks like that one has now sold out online, unless you can source it from a local store. 'West Coast' was the name of the mat print though.

October 26, 2016 / 12:59 am

I received an email about the mats last week, and could only assess purchasing one thorough the email link. I ended up buying the "west coast" one which is the one that is featured on top of the mats+props page. I went wen to get one for a friend, as she didn't get the email, but noticed they were sold out of the west coast, and I see that they didn't put anymore up with the new upload

October 26, 2016 / 6:41 pm

I love the idea of yoga mats with hand drawing representing different parts of Canada. It is executed in a very classy way too. I would buy an Ontario mat if it was in the $50-60 range. Almost a $100 with tax is ludicrous for a mat, even if I would use it every day.

8. October 25, 2016 / 11:25 pm

I picked up the Speed Wunder Nulux in the lace print in store today. The $128 price tag is pretty steep, though. On the fence about the Shibori, but I'll probably order it.

The ombre pants were an easy pass for me. They're so long that hemming would take off most of the ombre.

What's this about the WUC 21"? Are these shorter than typical WUC? I'm confused.

Heather
    Partial to Pink

October 25, 2016 / 11:30 pm

So much….nothing. Meh. Don't like anything.

The Shibori print does nothing for me. It will look dated in 6 months. The ombre isn't even ombre enough to look different. It's just *barely* there so if you want ombre this isn't going to cut it IMO. Not sure why I'd pay $58 for a Ray swiftly tank when it's $25 at my outlet but okay. The Pleat to Street Bomber looks like a maternity jacket from JCPenney :O

Guess it's safe to say I don't like any of it! More for everyone else and more $$ for my bank account!

10. October 25, 2016 / 11:40 pm

I really wish they uploaded the other shibori color that is on the home page. I would definitely order that.

October 25, 2016 / 11:52 pm

It looks like it also comes in the standard rise, which I prefer to the high rise.

Nothing for me this week, but I might go check the turtleneck out in the store. It's a lot of money for a turtleneck, but I really like Emperor Blue and Rulu Light would be very nice for layering.

October 26, 2016 / 1:48 am

The US homepage shows the black and white shibori print. What color are you seeing?

October 26, 2016 / 4:20 am

I think I know the ones she means… I saw them too but can't remember what page… think it was one of the banners at the top of a page…

October 26, 2016 / 1:08 pm

On the US site on the What's New page, there are two women. The one in the background has shibori pants that appear to be regular rise in a sort of light mauve shade. Is that the one you mean, Llorentzen?

• October 26, 2016 / 3:45 pm

Ye, I meant on the what's new page. There is a mauve/grayish color….really pretty

• October 27, 2016 / 1:07 am

was thinking that too llorentzen. I wasn't actually sure if it was the white in different lighting though or actually a mauvey colour

• October 27, 2016 / 5:57 pm

Oh I would buy those .. colour looks very pretty.. I have a SS of it but not sure how to post the pic

11. October 26, 2016 / 12:00 am

Ombre pants seem very off both in length and the height of the high-waist – either the waist seam is lower than normal or the waist is especially high? Has anyone seen them in person? Is it just an optical illusion?

October 26, 2016 / 12:15 am

The waistbands do look super high and the waist seem looks super low… not loving how it looks to be honest…

October 26, 2016 / 12:40 am

It kind of gives the look of mom-jeans butt.

October 26, 2016 / 1:12 pm

It really reminds me of maternity pants. I say, if you find it comfortable, go for it, but probably better to cover the waist with a shirt, rather than show it off with a crop top or just a bra, because it's not flattering on its own.

October 27, 2016 / 3:41 am

agree, the waist doesn't look flattering on it's own. Waist bands like this also end up stretching out too much around the top and gape – definitely not flattering on it's own or under a fitted top.

October 26, 2016 / 12:38 am

So much mesh. So, so much mesh. When will it ever end? Also, I really hate this move towards mesh pockets to replace the zippered pockets in running crops/pants. The old zippered pockets were one of my favourite and most relied-upon features in all of my old pants.

October 26, 2016 / 1:16 pm

So with you. I also prefer thigh pockets and don't like the move from having the waistband pockets be flush with the waistband to having them be interior pockets.

And $100+ crops are just not going to work for me. I have much better uses for $100. I know some people get a ton of use out of their crops, so I'm certainly not criticizing anyone, but for me, I wear them for an hour to work out, then go home and change into either shorts or long pants. And I can find old Lulu crops that were well made and had good pockets for a lot less than $100.

October 27, 2016 / 1:08 am

Mesh in the winter, on long pants. Great thinking lulu..

October 27, 2016 / 1:44 am

Totally agree about all the mesh, ugh… very tired of it and wish to see more crops and pants choices without any mesh.

13. October 26, 2016 / 12:48 am

I'm really tempted by the Shibori print. I love the black/white, but am thinking that I might not grow as tired of the emporer blue and black. I definitely have serious FOMO. But I also think, since they're luxtreme, that I could wear them for running.

Then again, I also wonder if these will make a quick move to WMTM.

October 26, 2016 / 1:02 am

Has anyone seen a product in the print 'nocturnal teal/black' before? I'm looking at the Ready to Rulu pants in this new colour upload. I didn't like the jacquard spray version (it felt thinner and not as 'Rulu-like'). Is 'nocturnal teal' similar in feel and weight to the jacquard spray or are they the nice thicker Rulu like the solid and heathered colours?

October 26, 2016 / 1:12 am

Bought the blue FTBT bra from last week and reflective CRBII. I like the more affordable price tag and the tasteful placement of the reflective details.

October 26, 2016 / 1:30 am

I ordered the brushed speed tights the other day. However, not keeping them if they aren't perfect – $118 is not cool. Also was hoping for more fall/winter items like soft shell pants. I couldn't wait any longer so ordered from another company.

• October 27, 2016 / 9:13 pm

Can I ask where you got your soft shell pants? Would love some.

17. October 26, 2016 / 1:56 am

Just realized they are shipping MD items from stores. I looked at the tracking for a pair of teeny tooth high rise I ordered they are shipping from Newfoundland . Expected arrival says Nov 8. I usually receive items in 3 days!

October 26, 2016 / 2:17 am

Yup my stuff is coming from stores within 5 hours and I get package in 2 days instead of a week…kinda nice that way ..but orders are being split up so I'm losing track of what I received ed..lol

• October 26, 2016 / 5:36 am

I wish this was the case for me. I ordered 3 things from WMTM last Friday. It's Wednesday and they still haven't shipped. In the past, I would receive my shipments 4 days after placing my order. I wonder what is going on.

• October 26, 2016 / 12:54 pm

I know! I ordered a few things off WMTM on Sunday and they are being delivered today. Would typically take a full week to get otherwise!

• October 26, 2016 / 3:48 pm

I ordered off the WMTM on Sunday and it says I should be getting my stuff today.

October 27, 2016 / 1:51 am

My package was totally messed up. I contacted lululemon because the tracking number didn't work. They said it was a canada post issue. Thenot I got an email tagging me saying another customer got my package in the states! And her package was delivered to another customer. I'm still waiting for it. I ordered it 2 weeks ago. As of now the customer was given a return label to the Canadian wear house. And then it will be reprocessed and shipped to me. I am still upset.

October 27, 2016 / 9:20 am

I had the same type of thing happen to me last week except not quite as bad. I received someone else's order with their invoice in my package and I'm hoping they received mine…hadn't been confirmed at the time I spoke to an educator. I have sent mine back and still waiting for my actual order to arrive.

October 26, 2016 / 2:18 am

Sorry to be the kill joy here but as a textile designer, calling crumbled up tie-dye "shibori" is an insult to the technique. I highly doubt these were "dyed" after the pants were constructed. But if so, would love to see how!
    Meanwhile, if there are any K-DEER lovers out there, they have two color-ways of a very similar die-dye print – and they're on sale šŸ™‚

October 26, 2016 / 3:48 am

I was thinking the same… it just looks like regular tie dye to me too. …and about hand dying after construction… hmmm… I doubt it unless someone has A LOT of time to hand dye thousands and thouhsands of pairs of pants… Same with the "hand drawn" Florence tights… I doubt that each pair of pants was hand drawn… sure someone must have hand drawn the idea for the original pattern design but I doubt not for each pair of pants! Anyway, as far as I know (I'm not a textile designer or in the fashion industry so I may be completely wrong) ALL patterns designs have to be drawn (either by hand onto paper or by using a computer I'm guessing?) before they can be printed onto fabric so I don't know why they were trying to make this one sound so much more special hyping that they are hand drawn. …another excuse to try and justify the high price maybe?

October 26, 2016 / 3:56 am

should also mention, I'm glad to see that these "shibori" items are not ridiculously overpriced at least, unlike the Florence tights.

October 26, 2016 / 1:26 pm

I thought it was odd that they said they were dyed post construction. I you look closely, the stitching doesn't seem to be dyed, so they can't have been dyed post-construction. Unless somehow the thread repelled the dye… I think the ed LLM talked to got it wrong, because the website doesn't say post-construction dying.

October 26, 2016 / 1:47 pm

I totally agree re what shibori actually is. My brother used to live in the prefecture of Japan that specialized in it. I've even been out there and watched the shrivelled old ladies making in. It really doesn't look much like Lululemon's conception.

October 26, 2016 / 6:37 pm

I have to wonder why LLL chose the least interesting and most traditional Western-style tie-dye design. There are so many Shibori designs and all of them can be really beautiful and arresting. I did tie-dye to death in my youth, so I'm so not interested in buying LLL shibori, but it might appeal to a young clientele. I have an old LLL Power Y in sort of a Rorschach design, that will do. As to dying after construction each item destined for mass-merchandising, I hope this company doesn't want us to believe this…lol.

October 26, 2016 / 2:21 am

I personally don't care for shibori print..and ombre is a bit boring…maybe a mix of bright colours would have worked. I saved money…yippee I need a break from florence tights….they kept the price point a bit better than I thought for the shibori and ombre…maybe they learned from $138 pricing…it doesn't sell.

October 26, 2016 / 2:24 am

Finally something I actually am interested in – the heathered military green 1/2 zip. I will however be waiting for it to show up on WMTM…

21. October 26, 2016 / 2:47 am

Does anyone really pay $300 for ugly reflective tights?

• October 26, 2016 / 3:52 pm

They were so ugly I hadn't even looked at the price! That's insane!

October 26, 2016 / 4:26 am

And they're nicer looking imo, the waistband looks much better than the LLL ones (would prefer the regular style Wunder Under waist bands most of all though!) and a little cheaper at $85.

October 27, 2016 / 1:51 am

I see they also have a white and black pair (in addition to that purple and black pair) just like LLL white and black shibori print!

October 26, 2016 / 3:24 am

I really like the idea of the wunder under half tight. Reg WUCs are always long on me and I have to hem them to avoid bagginess at my calves. I hope this style comes in other colours.

October 26, 2016 / 3:52 am

Yes! and in Luon versions too for those of us who prefer that fabric instead, and regular waistbands instead of high rise.

October 26, 2016 / 2:28 pm

I haven't bought anything lately because it's all high rise. I hate high rise. Seems to be all they are making though in some of the nicer stuff while the regular rise waistline gets the loud prints and colors.

October 26, 2016 / 3:26 am

I don't remember the print name but I have a bang buster and a bra from lulu in a purple/white print that is similar. Really dark purple…anyone else remember the name or year of it lol? Its been a really long time since i purchased anything but i still love that purple/white pattern combo. Probably 4 years ago???

October 26, 2016 / 1:48 pm

And Ink blot was much nicer!!

October 26, 2016 / 11:50 pm

Right, ink blot. I have the WU's and I much prefer them over this "shibori" print (which is a ripoff of other brands, as pointed out above).

I don't get the hype on this one. Agree with someone's observation above that this will look dingy and dated in mere months.

October 26, 2016 / 11:58 pm

YES, thank you:) Still love that print. 2012. Items have held up beautifully as well. Don't think I have purchased anything for a year I think…have a closet full of lulu stuff I love still. A few duds certainly but for the most part good quality. I would buy crbs and flow y in combo for the longest time. Then suddenly the fit on the flow y changed and I ended up with a couple that didn't fit. Last style of that bra I bought but the old ones…still love lol. They are old now!! Who knows what I will replace it with when they are holding together by a thread:)

October 27, 2016 / 1:57 am

Exactly anon 4:58! I love all my "old" lulu and don't know what I'm going to do once I need to replace it… most of the stuff I have are the classics that have now been discontinued or changed in a way that doesn't work for me…

October 26, 2016 / 4:10 am

Sometimes I *think* I really like a new print when I first see it, then the more I see it the more I realize I actually really don't like it as much as I thought and can pass.

October 26, 2016 / 4:18 am

I'm just going to wait to see if the stuff I like ends up going to WMTM. I actually don't *need* anything anyway so it just doesn't make sense to keep buying at these prices, especially when most of it is ending up getting marked down these days, and I'm ok with missing out if it sells out instead.

October 26, 2016 / 4:28 am

About 4 (???) years ago, LLL did a riff on Japanese "sashiko" stitching. Some of the mixed pattern pieces incorporated some "shibori" prints (not so ironically šŸ˜‰
    And yes, all designs have to be created somehow, mostly by hand drawing and computer. But in reality, the way a design is created is only limited by one's imagination. For example, the current shibori print could have come from a tie dyed fabric originally – and then that pattern is put into repeat, by hand/computer, for manufacturing the fabric into yardage from which to cut the garments.
    In regards to the dottie tribe print and lace print (sorry, can't recall name!) WU: both of these patterns are called an "engineered print". Meaning that the fabric has to be printed in a certain way, in a certain direction (warp or weft & in the case of stretch fabric, a particular direction of the knit) so that the garment can be cut so that the pattern is placed exactly on that garment the way it was designed. This usually causes a TON of fabric waste. Which is often why a garment that has an engineered print costs a lot more than an "all over" print. Hence the price hike for those particular WUs.
    Can't explain the price hikes for everything tho šŸ˜› And hope the above "helps"? Or helps bring a more discerning eye?
    Now have to look up Nux! Thanks šŸ™‚

October 26, 2016 / 4:45 am

If you find a link to the process of hand dipping, I would LOVE to see that (no sarcasm, seriously). Can't imagine the level of labor! Crazy that they are suggesting special washing. Isn't work out gear supposed to be able to take a lickn'?
      After leaving the note above, it occurred to me that the shibori print reminds me a bit of tie dying with clorox i.e.: "reverse" tie dye.
      Yea, I wish I had more bought more of the sashiko items too šŸ™‚ Those were the days šŸ˜‰

• Lulumum
      October 26, 2016 / 4:32 am

I absolutely love the sashiko items and I really wish I'd gotten more. That capsule was stunning, and not priced at a premium.

Thanks for the garment information. From what I'm reading (from a corporate newsletter), the shibori was hand dipped (not printed or reproduced) and they are suggesting it be washed like denim for the first few times.

October 26, 2016 / 1:34 pm

Very helpful, thanks!

• Michelle
      October 26, 2016 / 7:44 pm

Great explanation! Loved learning a bit more about textiles and prints, thank you!

October 26, 2016 / 10:03 pm

I am assuming Werkshop crops and pants are "engineered print" and have heard nothing but great things about them, so it is surprising (or not, lol!) that they cost a lot less than LLL engineered print bottoms. And what about KDeer? they must be engineered as well and aren't as expensive…

Speaking of the process of hand dipping, I noticed this is what it says in the description for the Ombre WUPs – "Each pair of these high-rise pants is unique with an individually dyed ombre design." I'm sorry but this is really hard to believe that each pair is individually hand dipped.

Thanks for posting, anon 9:28, I too enjoyed learning more about this!

• October 27, 2016 / 2:27 am

Wow! That is really true about the fabrics! Your smart

October 27, 2016 / 12:05 pm

The ombre ones might be individually dyed, just not hand dyed. Maybe our resident textile designer can comment. šŸ™‚

I think they just put the pants on conveyor belts and dip them in the dye.

October 26, 2016 / 4:50 am

The nux leggings are great, I have a couple pairs. They are a totally different fabric than luxtreme though… I bought these shibori tights too since they will serve a totally different function for me. Nux leggings are more of a thick seamless material (closest lulu material is probably like the in the flow crops). Do check out nux tho! They're Faboo šŸ™‚

October 26, 2016 / 12:14 pm

I bought the b&w shibori last night ( thanks Lulumom for the store try on!) a bit concerned with the fabric delicacy. Loved them on me, 5.7, 130, sz 4, thick opaque Luxtreme so I hand washed them right away. Happy to report NONE of the colouring came off. I used clear detergent +a bit of course salt in the white sink to notice if any colour would bleed. Nothing! Next wash I'll only use detergent.

October 26, 2016 / 12:16 pm

……sorry, meant 'coarse salt'.

October 26, 2016 / 1:23 pm

If anyone has tried on the Layer Me Turtleneck, I'd love a fit review. How tight is the neck? How much lighter than regular Rulu like in the Rulu Turtleneck is the Rulu Light of the Layer Me Turtleneck? Thank you!

• October 26, 2016 / 7:21 pm

I'm wondering the same thing. One of the few things I'm interested in is the turtleneck. I'm in Ottawa and I layer them under dresses and blazers often in fall and winter

October 27, 2016 / 2:31 am

@anon 6:23 & Shadowy Lady. Tried on the ready to layer Rulu turtlenecks tonight and came home with both black and white. The Rulu is super thin and super soft, ( not the garbage Rulu they used on the city bound ls) the neck is fitted but not tight, and doesn't slouch (which I don't like) I tried on my tts 6, which was very form fitting but still comfy. I them tried an 8 and a 10. I went with the 10's for these as that gave them a looser and longer fit. I want these for layering under my long cardigans which is why I went up two sizes. I have broad shoulders which is why I think two sizes up still worked. Overall I would say they are a touch smaller tts. The neck sits really nice and I know I'll wear the heck out of them. The price was hard to swallow even with R&D. They are nicely made. Hope this helps ladies! Jenn

October 27, 2016 / 2:34 am

Oh, also got the shibori WUP's. Really liked those on. For luxtreme, they are nicely thick with a flat matte finish, like LLM mentioned.

• October 27, 2016 / 1:57 pm

Thank you so much! I will get the white one then. I wear an 8 pretty much exclusively at Lulu. I think I will go with a 10 though because I'm very busty and turtlenecks highlight my bust even more which I don't want. I'm pulling the trigger now on this plus the Shibori WU in black and white

October 26, 2016 / 2:02 pm

Seaweeze registration has been announced on lululemon Instagram story for 2017. November 16.

October 26, 2016 / 4:22 pm

November 16, 2017 is when registration will take place for Seaweeze 2017? this obviously doesn't make sense. is there not a 2017 Seaweeze?

October 26, 2016 / 5:51 pm

November 16, 2016 is the registration date for seawheeze 2017 which is in August.

October 26, 2016 / 7:08 pm

Ugh, just saw a post on the Seawheeze FB page that says registration is $158. I could have sworn it was $128 previously.

October 26, 2016 / 8:28 pm

It was $128. Even at $158 CAD it's cheap for a race. You get so much over the whole weekend with Seawheeze. Most races are this price and higher. Much higher

October 26, 2016 / 11:15 pm

Definitely worth the price, especially if they use some of it for more water at the end. :p

October 27, 2016 / 12:03 am

Wow, there's a sucker born every minute "definitely worth the price, especially if they use some of it for more water at the end" …that the race would actually run out is entirely laughable and speaks of total race mismanagement.

The race fee is excessive. I'm a hardcore runner and I ran it. Once was enough. The post race food was great the year I ran but I don't need it. There are so many races one can run in Vancouver that are phenomenal and are much more true RUNNING experiences.

October 27, 2016 / 12:50 am

@Anonymous 5:03 – I think 4:15's comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. No need for name calling.

October 27, 2016 / 2:16 am

At least I didn't get called an educator again šŸ˜‰

• Lulumum
      October 26, 2016 / 8:33 pm

I think anybody that has run the race has expected the price to go up. It is really a great race with lots of swag and events so I think the $158 is fair. I hope that the price increase directly correlates to the course and how the course is managed. They manage it really well but there is room for improvement.

October 27, 2016 / 2:04 pm

@ Anon 5:03:

I've been running for forever and many races run out of stuff. It's not mis-management as much as it's greedy people – other runners taking extras or spectators grabbing for water/food/hats etc that they aren't entitled to and didn't pay for. It happens at every race. Some races train the volunteers better than others at the finish and instruct only 1 per runner no matter what. It's still a problem as they just grab an extra regardless. I've had races run out of cups, races run out of electrolyte. It happens. I didn't realize what goes on on the other side till I started volunteering for races and saw what happens for myself. Bandits cause huge problems with stuff like this too. It's not necessarily Lululemon's fault. It's every race directors problem when they plan races but unfortunately sometimes you just can't get it right no matter what. Someone won't be happy even if you tried.

Re: price. Here in the U.S. $150 half is actually the norm and considered fairly "cheap" so yes, it's a great price for what you get. Races here give you literally nothing for your $150 except a cheap plastic bag and the race itself. There are no more "goody" bags and no more "swag". They've all gone the way of the igoody bag which in effect is just a sales pitch to buy crap from the race sponsors. So I would gladly pay $150 all day long for what this race gives you in swag, course and the whole weekend of activities.

• October 27, 2016 / 9:21 pm

The local races in the Midwest are like $40-60 for a half. Rock and Roll is more but you can get a special for $70 or less. Chicago marathon is $200.

October 26, 2016 / 2:10 pm

I don't believe for a second that those Shibori prints were dyed after being sewn. In general, dying doesn't work very well on synthetic fabrics. The dye would just bead off the fabric and not absorb.

33. October 26, 2016 / 5:50 pm

Tried on the Shibori pants today in the black and white colorway and I am in LOVE! I want them bad. I can't spend $98 right now on them but I'm sure hoping they are still around in a few weeks. The color is gorgeous, passed the bend test and fit like a dream. The ED that was working the register had on the purple and black colorway and I wasn't as drawn to it. Felt like it was much more muted than the black and white. Also tried on the Belle Hoodie from WMTM and that thing is awesome as well, surprised to see it hasn't gotten much love.

October 26, 2016 / 8:02 pm

@Elise yes I picked up a belle hoodie as well on MD after trying it on for the heck of it. One of those pieces that doesn't look like much but on it was great. It was an easy pass for me on the website. I am going tonight to try on the black white shibori WUP and the layer me turtle necks that the others above asked about. Will add my comments later tonight about that…Jenn

October 26, 2016 / 10:02 pm

Curious if you both sized down for the Belle Hoodie? Seems to be the general consensus on the reviews. TIA!

October 27, 2016 / 2:21 am

@anon 3:02, yes I took my smaller size 6, ( I usually go 8 for scuba 2's) and was still roomy but I prefer my hoodies that way…

October 27, 2016 / 1:53 pm

Same here, normally a 6, sized down to an 4 and could've gone with a 2 but I wanted a little room.

October 27, 2016 / 2:26 pm

Great! Thanks for your help!

October 27, 2016 / 1:50 am

What the – they are almost exact…

October 27, 2016 / 12:43 pm

This stuff makes Lulu look so bad. Two unoriginal prints in a single upload is really embarrassing.

October 27, 2016 / 3:42 pm

Designers all copy each other, that's not new. There's no saying who copied who either. Designs are stolen/leaked all the time. I would guess the fabrics between the different brands is what varies.

October 27, 2016 / 9:41 pm

Thanks for posting that article anon 1:38! Very interesting and educational, really enjoyed it! It confirmed my suspicions, haha! I always thought there must be someone or some group of people who all get together in the world of "fashion" and make up the "trends", lol, basically telling everyone what is "in" for the season. It isn't hard to see that everyhwere we look everything looks pretty much the same these days, same kinds of styles, same kinds of colours, etc Thanks again for sharing!

October 27, 2016 / 2:28 pm

I almost look forward to WMTM drops more than Upload lately because I'm so curious what's going to happen! Is it going to be a huge drop, are recently released items going to be marked down, is any old product from last year going to show up??? It's all so exciting! LOL

October 27, 2016 / 4:41 pm

I can't believe the rush hour jackets in ALL colours are already on WMTM! $119 cdn

October 27, 2016 / 5:14 pm

I know!!! I bought the darkest magenta one and still have the tags on it and I literally just talked myself into returning it and waiting for it to go on sale today…and then voila!!! So crazy…REALLY makes you think about buying anything full price lately!

October 27, 2016 / 5:17 pm

It was overpriced at $158, so I'm glad to see it marked down. I *thought* I wanted it when it first came out but at $158 there was no way I was going to pull the trigger. Glad I didn't, but now have decided I don't *need* the jacket anyway, lol, so am going to pass even though it's a fair price now, I don't hink I'd go as far to say it's a great deal, but it is a fair price.

Nothing for me this week, nothing from regular upload and nothing from WMTM. Like anon 7:28, I've been more excited for Thurdays WMTM than for overpriced upload Tuedsays, lol! I'm working on cutting back on spending on things I don't even need though, regardless of markdowns. I got the Emperor Blue Define from last weeks WMTM (even though I didn't actually need it) and now wish I waited it out longer as I have a feeling it's going end up getting marked down further. I feel $99 is a fair price (it is way overpriced at $128, even $118 is pushing it) but would have been nice if I waited it out for a great deal (some have been marked down to $79 and that I feel is a great deal!).