We had a very loooong day yesterday at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. We started our drive to Seattle at 5:30 am thinking we’d arrive right around opening at 8am but we hit serious morning traffic heading into Seattle and we didn’t actually get there until 9am. I immediately went hunting for the Barbour Jacket but they only had a size 10 left which was slimmer fitting than I would have liked (I posted that one on my Instagram page). I hung onto it while I browsed the store and by the time I went to make my purchase the size 12 had been restocked and I was able to get my size in it. I would have loved to have chosen between the black that I got and the pink that is online but the store sold out of the pink within the first hour before I got to see it. I think I would have still chosen the black but I really wanted to see what the pink looked like. Looking online now I see the pink and navy are gone and sizes are depleted in the black. I also tried on the Rag & Bone boots that I love but I decided to not get them and I’m still second guessing myself on that decision – I know I made the right call but I have some FOMO going on in my head.  After checking out the top two items on my list we decided to take a break and leave the store for some coffee for a while. I find the Nordstrom Sale really exciting but I also find it overwhelming and really busy so it’s good to really pace yourself and really consider your shopping decisions wisely. Its so easy to get swept up in the chaos and hype and buy everything that catches your interest in store but it’s not necessary. You are better off to leave the store with purchases you are 100% sure about that fit a need in your closet, and leave that guilty feeling of overspending behind. I have to remind myself of this at the sale, and also at the Seawheeze expo. There where so many things at this sale that I loved, but if I’m honest, only a few items that actually fit a need in my closet.

After our coffee break we went for a walk downtown and down to the market and then came back to the Nordstrom to see what other little items I should get. There where so many beauty items I wanted but I ended up just getting the Paula’s Choice duo. That is something that is hard to get in Canada with shipping, duties and exchange so because I know I already love that product I took advantage of the deal. I considered getting the beauty blender duo and I also really liked the eyeshadow in the Burberry kit. I would have considered the at home laser hair removal kit but the Pacific Place Nordstrom didn’t have it in. That is something I definitely plan on investing in at some point in the future, so as requested by a reader, when I do get it I will definitely blog about my experience with it. I was also really sure I’d be getting the Diptqique candle set but when I saw it in person the candles where so tiny I just couldn’t justify it. I’d rather get a full sized candle in one scent vs. a variety of tiny ones. I was so tempted by Hudson Jeans but I really don’t need any new jeans at the moment so I left them behind.  I was excited to see Rail flannel shirts since I’ve eyed them up before at the Vancouver Nordstrom and really liked them. The sale price was great! In the purse department I really liked the MZ. Wallace bag and I liked the Longchamp Le Pliage. I don’t think I saw MZ Wallace at the sale last year.

After shopping the sale we decided to go to the University Village for lunch and we finally got to try the Dim Sum place called Din Tai Fung. I’ve heard tons and tons of good things about the place and every time we’ve gone to Seattle they’ve had huge lineups to get in. This time we where able to get in with just a 20 minute wait. It was so delicious! I highly recommend you try it if you get to Seattle and have a hankering for Dim Sum. It was also nice to be able to walk around the village for a while before heading home.

My Purchases are the top three items. Barbour Jacket, Hanky Panky Underwear and Paula’s Choice. The items in the second gallery below (click the arrow to the right to see more) are all things I tried on and loved and would have purchased if I wasn’t  shopping with a budget. I’m still a bit sad that I left the Rag and Bone boots behind because they were just gorgeous on and the suede was really thick, but I couldn’t justify getting a pricy shoe in such a similar style to ones I already have. ;(function(d,t,k){var l=d.createElement(t),s=d.getElementById(‘showcase-‘ + k);l.src=’https://showcase.linksynergy.com/v1/snippets/D99FD221F0F4408A8743037A1BBB8BEDC77375430EC74E54A18B4F44F15AF1E0/’+ k + ‘.js’;s.parentNode.insertBefore(l,s);}(document,’script’,’7bczt9b262u66bgrdbxxjg752′));

Did you guys go to the sale or shop it online? What did you get? What items did you love but leave behind?

July 15, 2016 / 7:48 pm

I really like the look of the Barbour Jacket and that must have taken a lot of will power to leave those gorgeous Rag & Bone boots behind.

• Lulumum
      July 15, 2016 / 9:06 pm

Thanks!! I have wanted a barbour coat for years but when I've seen them before at J Crew or elsewhere they seemed to fit really small and they never have the typically size 10/12 sizes. When I saw it online with the disclaimer that you should order 1-2 sizes up I thought there was no chance in hell they would have a size that fit me well. I was so surprised that the 12 worked for me. Had to grab it.
      I am literally 'white knuckling' the willpower to not order the boots.

2. July 15, 2016 / 7:58 pm

Both hubby and I went to The Sale yesterday. I came away with Stuart Weitzman booties. Hubbs scored big with 4 pairs of AG jeans in various colors, plus Hugo Boss pants and tees. He rarely shops so he's all set. Thanks for all your hard work and reviews!! I look forward to them and your take on this fabulous sale!!!

• Lulumum
      July 15, 2016 / 9:03 pm

Thats a great haul for him! My husband was after jeans but he was pretty impatient with the sale process so he glazed over the display and said 'I don't see anything I like'. I should have looked online for him and given him an idea of what to look for specifically in the jeans department.
      The Stuart Weitzman boot selection was unreal. I really love those tall boots with the low heel.

I forgot to mention in my post, if any of you are following bloggers that covered the sale or are also blogging about it, let me know in the comments. I love to read about the sale from everyones perspective.

3. July 15, 2016 / 9:40 pm

Interesting I just bought a trio of Paula's choice ( including your item I believe) from Hsn.

• Lulumum
      July 16, 2016 / 3:35 pm

Was it a better deal? I actually didn't know prior to this that you could buy PC anywhere other than on her website. I'd gotten some items on sale last year and really liked them but when I had to rebuy them they were full price and the shipping was so expensive.

• July 17, 2016 / 12:56 am

Sorry I got it on qvc $49+3s/h. It was 2-4 oz 2% bph skin perfecting liquid, 1 oz wrinkle repair retinol serum and 1.7 Resist Barrier Moisturizer. I ordered it as it had great reviews.

July 15, 2016 / 11:19 pm

I was at the sale at Alderwood yesterday and bought a few things for myself. I got a pair of AG jeans, some Born booties, Frye boots and Asics. Most of the stuff I bought was back to school clothes and shoes for my kids. I love the Nordies presale. I always go with my mom and we make a day of it. The last 2 years my daughter has come too so it is a multi generational shopping extravaganza šŸ™‚

• Lulumum
      July 16, 2016 / 3:36 pm

I almost ended up at Alderwood in hunt for the Barbour Jacket in my size. Somehow it got restocked at Pacific Place after a few hours.

5. July 16, 2016 / 12:43 pm

The Purse Forum thread on this sale is amazing! It's under "General Shopping" and I've found a ton of good stuff on the sale this way! Love this sale!

• Lulumum
      July 16, 2016 / 3:37 pm

I love the purse thread. I'm still reading it even though I'm done shopping.

6. Lulumum
    July 18, 2016 / 4:08 am

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Recap And Finds":

Ot but I loved your try on pics last Monday from store…..the heads up on the new print was great…..do you think you will get a chance to scope out new stuff tomorrow? I'm in Ontario so we get things about a week later….nice to have a heads up on what upload may hold

• Lulumum
      July 18, 2016 / 4:09 am

For some reason the above message didn't get posted to the comments but I did see it in email so I've pasted it above.

Yes, I try to go each Monday to check out the new items and post it here. I go right after the gym usually at 10:30 but since my kids are in summer school I may have to push that to noon, and then my post should be up by 2pm at the latest.