*Canada and US are both up now.

Crud. This is an expensive week if you like the Down For A Run Line. I think this years down line is a hit! I passed last year and years prior since either the fit was off for me, the pullovers had some design I didn’t care for or I couldn’t figure out a place in my life I would need a down pullover. This year I absolutely can find a use for down pullovers since I am crossfitting every singe weekday, and doing outdoor soccer with both kids – so a lot of standing around outside in cold weather. I’m liking both the pullover and the jacket a lot and I know I’d like something from this line but I’m having a very hard time deciding what item is just perfect. I think my #1 choice is the Down For A Run Jacket in black but I’m not certain. I also think the jackets are a lot more versatile than the pullovers.

Did you order anything from the down line? if so, let me know what you chose. I’m taking the popular vote into consideration for my own purchase. lol!

Down For A Run Jacket (US/CAN)

Down For A Run Vest (US/CAN)

Down For A Run Pullover (US/CAN)

Definitely Raining Jacket (US)

Kanto Catch Me LS

Vent It Out Singlet (US)

Studio Pant Dark Slate *Lined *Tall and Regular (US)

Speed Tight IV Herringbone Forage Teal (US)

Face The Frost 1/2 Zip (CAN)

Rest Less Hoodie (CAN)

Cool Racerback (CAN)

Studio Pant *Lined *Unlined (CAN) Forage Teal

Swiftly Tech SS Heathered Tender Violet, Heathered Dark Slate

1. November 3, 2015 / 11:17 pm

šŸ™ I can't access it!

• Lulumum
      November 3, 2015 / 11:18 pm

US side so far, not on Canada side.

2. Sophie
    November 3, 2015 / 11:19 pm

Are the Rest Less Pullovers TTS or a size down? I read a comment somewhere that someone sized down but I'm not sure. If I wear a 6 in Swiftly LS and want a comparable fit, should I stick with a 6 or go with a 4? TIA!

Also, Lulumum how warm was the Down for a Run vest? They're describing it as "lightweight" – for some reason I assumed it was the same 800-fill as the jacket and pullover but I guess not.

November 4, 2015 / 12:00 am

I wear a 6 in the Swiftly LS (the 4 rides up and the arms are a bit tight), but I definitely needed to size down to a 4 for the Rest Less Pullover. I love the Rest Less Pullovers, I wear mine all the time for coaching, they are less delicate and a bit warmer then the Swiftly. I wonder how the Rest Less Hoodie compares to the Pullover, has anyone tried both on?

• Sophie
      November 4, 2015 / 12:22 am

Thank you! I'd be interested to know the fit comparison between the pullover and the hoodie as well. If the hoodie comes to the US, I think I might prefer it. Also, I really wish there were a solid black like they have the solid white. Not sure why solid blacks are so hard to come by!

November 3, 2015 / 11:30 pm

Disappointed about the pullover. The asymmetrical back vent would drive me insane, and from the pictures it looks quite noticeable. Overall I thought this was a pretty disappointing US upload.

4. November 3, 2015 / 11:36 pm

I agree, US side was pretty disappointing . I was hoping for black grape or tender violet items.

5. Sophie
    November 3, 2015 / 11:38 pm

Oh my goodness CAN got the Rest Less HOODIE – I like that better than the pullover I think. Of course the US didn't get it.

And Anon 3:30pm I agree with you about that back vent. It's stopping me from pulling the trigger on the black grape pullover.

6. Deb
    November 3, 2015 / 11:49 pm

I ordered the Black Grape Studio Pants to try. I'm not huge on bright bottoms but I'm hoping these are fairly neutral. I was hoping for Dark Fuel and instead we got Forage Teal. I like FT, but not as bottoms. A CRB would be great.

What I am really hoping for is the Black Grape Runderful pants the UK got. If those drop in Canada, I'll almost certainly return the Studio Pants. I love those, but I already have them lined in Black and Naval Blue and I'm starting to think it looks like my uniform!

November 4, 2015 / 2:08 am

@Deb, I picked up the BG Studio pants today in store, they are gorgeous! (Not bright, nicely flat colour & the tag labels them as black swan, not grape) The problem I am having is the same as yours, I want those Runderful pants too! Can I justify both?? Hmmm..lol…I was also wishing we got the dark fuel DSP's instead of the forage teal as well. I looked at them in store but they are VERY bright in that material so they were a pass for me. Good thing, as I dropped a bundle in store. They had the Kanto Jackets on sale for $99, no black left so I picked up the Ultra Violet. They also had the Awesoma Henley's on Sale for 69, so I picked up one of those too. (Wouldn't touch it at the reg price of 108.) Also got the Sunset Saluation LS for $49, and a drop like its hot tank in black. Then ordered tonight an all white FTBW bra, (Finally!!!!) and the Black Grape Face the frost 1/2 zip. I think I have more than made up for my lack of fall LLL spending!!

November 4, 2015 / 4:37 am

Hi LLM, Masonville London on had lots today of the white ones…

• Lulumum
      November 4, 2015 / 2:13 am

Awesome score on the Kanto jacket. My black one has been my most worn items since I got it. I'm stalking the sales racks for a white one.

• Deb
      November 4, 2015 / 3:08 pm

Thx [email protected] 6:08. I really want the Runderful pants (I'm a skating mom and spend hours at rinks with the resident young athlete); I wear my Studio Pants constantly but would like to have a change of style.

LLM, I lost track of what post had the Fall purchase lists. Mine were:

Lined Studio Pants: Naval Blue, Black
      Definitely Raining Jacket: Gator Green
      In Flux Jacket: Dark Fuel
      Coast Wrap: Black, Naval Blue
      Universal Wrap: Black
      Scuba IIs: Angel Wing, Majestic Denim
      High Times: Pique Dark Slate, Cyber Stripe Naval Blue
      WUs: Space Dye Twist Sapphire
      CRB: LE Peace Collective "Home is Here" Black

I was thinking I hadn't bought much this fall, but looking at the list I got a lot of jackets and wraps. Virtually everything I bought are classics that are part of my core casual wardrobe. I haven't bought any running tights or tops this fall because I bought plenty last year and I'm not up for the new pricing on Lulu bottoms. I got a lot of CRBs over the last year but have realized that I only like the thicker soft solid colours, so there haven't been any that tempted me lately. I'd have loved Sapphire, Forage Teal, Wine Berry or any of the other gorgeous fall shades that have come out, but all we're getting are heathered shades and patterns. Ugh.

7. November 3, 2015 / 11:52 pm

Disappointing upload for US. Do you think we will get that Down for a Run vest in the Black swan/grape color??

• Lulumum
      November 5, 2015 / 4:09 am

We know it's coming in white. Hopefully black swan too.

November 3, 2015 / 11:54 pm

Canada got down for a run mittens in berry rumble/bordeaux drama – do you think thats means a down for run jacket, pullover or vest is coming in that color?

• November 4, 2015 / 12:09 am

A Bordeaux Drama Pullover would be amazing.

November 4, 2015 / 3:26 pm

I'd loooove the pullover in that Berry Rumble color!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise it's an easy pass for me.

9. November 3, 2015 / 11:54 pm

I, too, love both the down jacket and pullovers. After trying them on multiple times at the store, I ended up buying the black down jacket because I think I'll get the most use out of it. Was very hard to leave the store without the pullover too. Loved all the colors in it!

November 3, 2015 / 11:56 pm

Does anyone know what "brushed" means in reference to the Wunder Under Pant III*Brushed. What's the difference? Do these ones actually stay up? I've been having a major issue with all my recently purchased WUCs falling down during workouts. VERY annoying.

• J in TO
      November 4, 2015 / 4:25 am

Brushed means fuzzy on the inside….just a bit, to add warmth. It should not affect the fit though.

November 4, 2015 / 12:00 am

I don't like this year's down line at all. Last year was so much better. Fit was on point and the fabric wasn't shiny and cheap looking like this years. The jacket is "ok" but I would never wear a white jacket (it would get dirty so fast!) and black is nothing special. I also don't like the rulu sides. If you're wearing these out as to and from and just hanging around, you won't stay that warm as you would with a full down jacket. I have the What the Fluff pullover from a few years back and I found it good for hikes and outdoor activities because the rulu sides breathe.

• November 4, 2015 / 1:21 am

I saw the line in store and they were so tacky looking. An easy pass for me!

• November 4, 2015 / 3:47 am

Same. Fabric, fit and cut were all sup-par compared to previous lines. Nice colors but easy pass for me too.

November 4, 2015 / 4:12 am

Agree, the shininess of the fabric makes this a definite no for me. I think it really cheapens the look. LOVE the Black Grape and Forage Teal colours though, just wish they weren't so shiny. Also, absolutely love the Berry Bordeaux down mittens, would also look great used for jacket, PO, and vest – just wish weren't shiny…

November 4, 2015 / 3:28 pm

Would be nice if they'd've paneled the POs with matching herringbone Rulu. It's always thicker and gives more detail to the flat boringness.

12. November 4, 2015 / 12:31 am

Was also excited for the heathered dragonfly swiftly tech crew shirt. It's a nice bright green! In the US we didn't get that nice dark violet one.

13. November 4, 2015 / 1:47 am

What I really want is the Tender Violet Define. I just hope (and wish) that Canada will get it!!!

November 4, 2015 / 2:01 am

After seeing that UK upload I was thinking this would be an expensive night! Ended up with nada on US side. A few things I wanted showed up in Canada so maybe next week. I am kind of relieved for the break.

November 4, 2015 / 2:01 am

I am not rushing to buy anything. I am interested in the Down for a Run jacket. Not sold on the vest and the side panels. Don't care for the slit in the pullover.

I will get the Rest Less Hoodie. I have the RL pullover from last year and it was tts for me in size 4, no sizing up or down. I tried a size up way too loose. TTS 4 is perfect can wear a CRB underneath and it is not too tight either. For the hoodie I will try in store before buying. I also like the dark violet ss swiftly.

16. November 4, 2015 / 2:06 am

I'm in your camp lulumum, chat decide which piece but have all 3 on hold at my Lululemon for try-on tomorrow;)

November 4, 2015 / 2:09 am

Oh come on! I just wrote a beautiful comment and the freaking thing crashes on me. I'm too pooped and have no time to rewrite it. I'm done for the night. And for the record, I'm not as impressed with this year's down line either. I prefer more patterned quilting. This is the easy quilt not the Luluesque quilt I expect.

• Lulumum
      November 4, 2015 / 2:15 am

Huge bummer! You've left me in suspense of your beautiful comment. Come back tomorrow when you are rested and let us know. Lol!

November 4, 2015 / 2:15 am

Antici-pointment! I wish I did not feel this way after all the recent uploads! I eagerly await with anticipation for the items I see in the uk and hong kong to be uploaded and then I feel disappointment when I never see the items I am hoping for. I check every week and for months now certain items have not shown up in Canada ;(

November 4, 2015 / 2:22 am

Lulu has done a real great job of helping me appreciate the older Lulu that I already have. Thank you for that!

20. Sophie
    November 4, 2015 / 2:43 am

Did you decide yet Lulumum? I took a break and walked the dog, came back and ordered the black grape pullover. My rationale was a) I love the black grape color and b) in terms of style, at least it's different than my other down jackets. Although I like the quilted back of the jacket better than the vent, the jacket just felt a bit uninspiring to me since I already have a black and navy down jacket (non-Lulu). I still love the color of the green vest, but it's described as a "transitional" piece which should have come out a month ago for me to get proper use out of it. So I'll probably pass.

I also picked up the giant herringbone forage teal speed tights. Not sure what to make of them but they looked different so I figured I'd give them a go.

OT – has anyone tried the forage teal wunder under pants that were uploaded last week (US)? I heard they were denim. I can't get them out of my mind, even though I'm more of a run tight girl. Curious if anyone has seen them in stores/has any impressions of them.

• November 4, 2015 / 4:36 am

I ordered and returned it. It turned out to look much darker than on the web site and that was a deal breaker for me

• Lulumum
      November 5, 2015 / 4:11 am

Ok, so far I've detagged the black down for a run jacket. I didn't plan to but it's suddenly very cold in Vancouver and that item fit my immediate wardrobe need. Matched what I was already wearing. I love it!

November 4, 2015 / 3:26 am

I ended up getting the Down for a Run jacket in black from my store today. I have two pullovers from last year and rarely wear them. I think the jacket will be more versitile. Love the quilting design. I tried the white too but decided I liked the way the black looked better.

22. stylistadiva1
    November 4, 2015 / 4:13 am

Does the Down for a run pullover have a hood inside the collar?

• Lulumum
      November 5, 2015 / 4:11 am

No, just a high insulated collar. RULU quilting on the inside.

23. J in TO
    November 4, 2015 / 4:44 am

I'm disappointed the studio pants are not fuel green! Forage teal is nice, but not for me. Kinda like scrubs! Will they bring out fuel green now that they have forage? Drat!

November 4, 2015 / 4:19 pm

They had dark fuel studio pants in both lined and unlined about a month ago. They sold out pretty quickly online, but they are still floating around in stores. I got a lined pair in the Spokane store just last weekend.

• November 6, 2015 / 1:48 am

Really?! I was under the impression that Canada never got them.

November 4, 2015 / 5:42 am

I bought the black pullover and black vest. I have the black fluffin awesome and 1x a lady jackets from last year or I would have bought the jacket too. If the jacket comes in black grape I'll give it a try:)

November 4, 2015 / 1:36 pm

I passed on the down products because if I am going to spend that much money on one item it has to be perfect or darn close. The down jacket has no cuffins or thumbholes and the neck is not snug enough for me. Also, why would you put rulu side panels on a down jacket, doesn't that take away from buying a down jacket for the warmth? As for the pullover, being a black grape lover, I would have bought it but the back design was a deal breaker. Maybe that's a good thing because I don't know how much wear I would get out of a down pullover.

Thank goodness I wasn't into the down line because I spent quite a bit tonight on other stuff. I bought the lined DSP in Black Grape, the Face the Frost 1/2 zip in Black Grape ( I just heard that it fits snug so I might have to return it for a size up). I also bought the heathered tender violet and heathered dark slate swiftly s/s.

For once I thought Canada had a better upload than the US but it would be nice if we got the same things at the same time. It's the UK that has been fairing much better IMO for awhile now.

I too was disappointed that Canada got the forage teal DSP instead of fuel green as I prefer a darker coloured pant and I just like fuel green better. I am really not liking the swiftlies in the stripe pattern and the (snake?) print. Here I was hoping for something other than heathered but I would take heathered over these prints any day.

November 4, 2015 / 2:27 pm

Anon @ 5:36, I think you must be my long lost Canadian sister, because you ordered everything I wanted to order, but I wasn't able to do so in the USā€¦.except for the dark slate swiftly, which is available here, so I did order it.

November 4, 2015 / 2:37 pm

I didn't order any of the down items (not sure how Lulu sources their down). I have an Arcteryx jacket that has stretchy side panels and synthetic insulation – the panels provide just enough ventilation for winter activities like cross country skiing and snowshoeing. Without the panels I don't think they would be functional as activewear.

November 4, 2015 / 4:57 pm

ha ha we have good taste! I so wanted the dark fuel lined DSP that you (US) got a few weeks ago but I was happy with getting the Black Grape. I love my lined DSP, perfect casual wear for our cold winter months and it's nice to have a dark neutral colour other than black or navy.

You are right about the rulu side panels acting as ventilation which would make it good for the sports you mentioned. I wasn't necessarily thinking of it as a technical jacket which would require some type of venting especially for people like me who heat up like a furnace while working out! That being said, it was still a miss for me without cuffins and more importantly, a high snug neck when zipped. I guess this is their way of getting us to buy their mitten/gloves and neck warmers but then we would be out $300. not $200.!!!

November 4, 2015 / 4:25 pm

I purchased the Down For A Run Jacket in Black last night at the metrotown location (they were already out of size 12s and I managed to snag the last 10), and it is AMAZING. the rulu panels on the side for stretch are perfect, there actually are thumbholes in the sleeves (@ 5:36am anon) and it was the perfect level of warmth on this chilly morning. I am debating the vest but I have heard this isn't it for a down drop this year so I'm waiting. I'm also waiting for the other colours to come out in the down pieces!

November 4, 2015 / 5:09 pm

That's good to know! I hope you enjoy wearing this jacket, it really is gorgeous.