by Cristina

Down For A Run Jacket, Down For A Run Vest, Rebel Runner Crops

November 3, 2015

These photos are from Lululemon Detroit. I LOVE this series of photos. Here is how the store introduced Ruth:

ruth is 80 years old.
she is…
grandmother to ambassador terra castro.
great grandmother of 7.
a national champion cyclist
and community hike leader.

having spent most of her life in the detroit area (and holding a special place for belle isle in her heart), she is well-versed in what it means to be part of her community.

“community means getting out and enjoying a variety of people. we have so much available that we don’t use. we all count. we all matter. it means getting out and doing what you can with whatever ability you have.” -ruth

12 responses to “Down For A Run Jacket, Down For A Run Vest, Rebel Runner Crops”

Oh, my gosh! These are the most inspiring fitness photos that I've ever seen!! Seriously, this makes me want to keep doing what I'm doing (as tough as I might think it is at times) so that I can still be doing it when I'm eighty years old!

love this !!! as a grama this is sooo great! her grandkids must be sooo proud of her <3

love this!!!!!! Makes me proud to say I am from Detroit!

That is so inspiring! I just love it!!!

5. 3crazykids says:

I easily passed on the best this morning but now this woman is making me want to head back to the store!

I'm 28 years old and would definitely buy more LLL if women like this woman and her friends were featured wearing the products. She's making the clothes look great and her body is still real, which was really the benefit and appeal of the store photos in the first place.

• lulu says:

I could not agree more!!! Lululemon is really missing out on sales since they ended most of their store photos… These are both amazing and inspirational!!!

Simply amazing and inspiring. I want to grow up to be like Ruth. 🙂 XO

8. Sophie says:

We don't see enough images of people like Ruth – period, let alone from Lulu. If we did, I'm quite sure we'd all realize we're capable of much more than we've been led to think. Great inspiration to give back and take care of ourselves so we're all still running around in Rulu in 40-50 years! 😉

Upload is up on US side.

Fabulous series of photos. I love seeing Lululemon on older adults who are vibrant and active.