I love designer jeans so much, and it’s part of my daily uniform so I like to invest most of my clothing budget here. It’s a staple for me whether it’s a classic nondistressed streamlined blue jean, or a trendy camo pair, or very casual distressed denim. I just love wearing well fitting jeans so much. Although I love designer denim, I hate paying full retail for it so I will only ever buy them on sale. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is where I buy 95% of my jeans, and the rest of them I’ve gotten at Nordstrom on Boxing Day, or the warehouse sale, or Nordstrom Rack. Since the sale is now just 5 days away, I decided I should share with you Best Designer Jeans From Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018, and my purchases from years past. I won’t include prices because I haven’t kept track, but they are all around the $100-$140 range.

My Best Designer Jeans From Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 - AG The Legging Ankle Super Skinny Ankle - Fav Pair

AG The Legging Ankle Super Skinny Ankle

This is my top favorite pair of all time. I love these so much that I have two pairs of them. Not identical, unfortunately, one is a slightly different blue wash and fits slightly different in the waist – but both are blue and both are not distressed (except at the hem). Maybe it’s just that these have been worn in perfectly and that’s why I slightly prefer these over my other pair. Sadly I ruined this pair by squatting down against a very rough stucco wall and I ripped a hole in them. I will attempt having them mended but it’s not an inconspicuous spot. I will replace these at the sale.

I believe these will be available at the sale this year, if not these then the very similar Farrah Skinny.

Pssst. Thanks to a reader Ms. M for sharing the 40% off sale at AG. These are my picks from the AG end of season sale

The Farrah Skinny AnkleAG The Ex-Boyfriend

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 - Rag & Bone Dre

Rag & Bone The Dre Skinny Boyfriend

I got these at last years sale and they are my second favorite pair (if you consider the above #1a, and #1b). They are a straight leg and not a skinny, so shoe choice dictates whether I wear these or the skinny leg jeans. I tried these on last year fully expecting them to be a horrible style for me but I found them very flattering and comfortable. I’m sad that I’m short and I don’t have that same pretty cropped wide folded hem look but I still wear them this way with the hem folded up. I love them with a bit of a heeled boot. Eventually I’ll have them chopped shorter but for now, I really like the dye detail at the hem and how it’s creased perfectly. I initially purchased these in my TTS but they are a very relaxed fit, and wide in the waist, but snugger in the thigh. Because of this I just didn’t feel comfortable with how loose the waist was so I opted to size down in them. I’m really glad I did because they are now perfectly lived in relaxed.

These will be available again this year.

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 Jeans & Denim - AG The Legging Step Hem Ankle Skinny Jeans

AG The Legging Step Hem Ankle Skinny – Beatnic, Paint-Splattered

I also got this pair last year and I was so torn on where to order them on my favorites list. They belong somewhere between the three above but because they are distressed and paint splattered as part of their design, they don’t have as much wardrobe versatility. Maybe that’s not quite true since I can wear these casually, or even with a really pretty blouse and shoes and it makes a great outfit. They are favorites but maybe not a key piece since they aren’t a classic style. I just love them. I love paint splatter prints. I was most excited about this purchase last year and really worried after I ordered them and saw that they had sold out.

I’m trying to avoid buying any distressed pairs this year. I think the value is in buying a good basic pair and not a stylized pair. There are definitely many occasions where a distressed pair of jeans is not appropriate no matter how cute the overall outfit is. I have a post coming soon on how to protect your distressed denim.

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 - Ex-Boyfriend Relaxed Slim Jeans AG

AG Ex – Boyfriend Relaxed

These are my most comfortable jeans. They are relaxed, boyfriend fit, distressed, soft. These are like wearing pajamas. I love wearing these with the cuff folded up, with a pretty blouse and wedge heels or flat sandals. These are back this year but without any of the distressing, and I’m glad they will have it in a nondistressed version. They will still be a very casual pair of jeans that are trickier to ‘dress up’, but they are perfect for that girly tomboy look. They are on my list to purchase for sure. I sized down in these and they are still a relaxed fit, loose and comfortable in the waist.

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 - Paige Hoxton Ankle

Paige Hoxton Skinny Transcend

This pair was a bit of an impulse purchase, but actually, a great investment because they are a classic black pair of jeans. They are currently on sale here. They are a really dark black jean without any fading at all. I don’t buy Paige jeans that often but I’ve learned I really love this transcend denim line they have. I’m not entirely sure what it is but they are ultrasoft and stretchy and they hug really well. In this very saturated black wash, they are really flattering and elongating, especially since the waist is higher. The hems are distressed and have an interesting design so they are really nice worn with heels, or something that will show off that unfinished notch cut.

There will be Paige jeans at the Nordstrom Sale, and likely from this transcend line.

AG The Legging Ankle Skinny in faded and distressed black

These are a fun pair I got but haven’t worn much. I actually forgot I had them and now that I’ve tried them on again I want to make an effort to wear them because they are really soft, yet edgy. This would look really cute with a white embroidered eyelet tank.

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 Jeans & Denim Picks - Hudson Jeans

Hudson Collin Ankle Skinny Jeans – Camo

These are the best camo jeans I’ve ever seen. Anywhere. I got these in 2015 and have looked at camo jean after camo jean for readers and friends to recommend because they’ve asked about these and they are long sold out.  The best recommendation I’ve been able to come up with is to hunt for them on eBay. What makes these ones the best camo is that they’ve got a dark wash over the camo which makes it a much more subtle print. There is very light distressing at the hip, and the pockets are false pockets so you get a clean streamlined line. They are incredibly comfortable, soft and stretchy and a nice mid rise.

Shop The Nordstrom Anniversary 2018 Jeans & Denim Picks

(Will update with more when the sale is live. There will be lots more to choose from)

Picks From This Post

Rag & Bone The Dre Slim Fit
AG The Legging Ankle Skinny
Paige Transcend
Hudson Collin Skinny – Camo

1. Jess
    July 6, 2018 / 8:19 pm

Have you ever tried Mother denim? I am obsessed. I’m replacing all of the other jeans that I have with Mother.

• Cristina
      Author
      July 6, 2018 / 8:30 pm

I haven’t tried any Mother Denim yet. They’ve mostly been under my radar except for that someone who’s style I really admire and who I look to for inspiration wears them. What do you like about them so much that they’ve replaced everything else? How do they fit? Tell me everything I need to know!! 😂
      There will definitely be Mother Jeans at the sale. The Insider for $151.90, and a cool racing stripe one that I may try called the The Looker for $158.90

• Jess
        July 18, 2018 / 8:13 pm

Oh my goodness- I’m just now looking back and seeing this! But it looks like you found MOTHER and liked them! Ok. Here’s what I love. They are structured enough to feel held in and like I have pants on (not leggings!) but they are so soft that they forgive a little and stretch to accommodate what I’ve got going on! The washes are so flattering, and the style/wash names are hilarious! I have bought 2 pair on Poshmark for around $30 each, and even tho I’d never tried on that style they actually fit! I could never gamble like that on any other denim. Hope you love them !

2. Becca
    July 7, 2018 / 6:12 am

Love your denim recap! I’ll try the legging ankle, the Dre, and the ex boyfriends. I’m not sure how I feel about the length of the exboyfriends, but I’m going to try them. AG always ends up in “my favorite pair of jeans” spot. Loving all your #NSale posts as I have mentally marked everything from the catalog and repeatedly scrolled over all the details.

• Cristina
      Author
      July 7, 2018 / 10:03 am

Thank you!! Yes, the ex-boyfriends are a funny length, especially since the hem is finished. Fine for me at 5’4 but I can see it being maybe too short on someone taller.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I’m glad it helps make browsing and organizing easier. I really need a visual way to keep organized so this system works for me.

3. Michelle
    July 7, 2018 / 9:47 pm

Just to say… the AG Jeans site is already on sale and most styles are 40% off. I just ordered the ex-boyfriend jeans from there. They’re all final sale though.

• Cristina
      Author
      July 8, 2018 / 11:12 am

Can’t beat that! Great score! Thanks for sharing.

• Michelle
        July 8, 2018 / 9:22 pm

My pleasure. I love your fashion posts! Thanks for the great denim list. I was on the fence about the AG legging jeans, but might give them a go after reading your review.

4. Jane
    July 11, 2018 / 8:15 am

AGOLDE is also amazing for denim – you should try the denim shorts….they are awesome!