Moody Mirage Cool Racerback and Black Cherry Wunder Unders

Vintage Pink Yeah Yoga Tank

Blue Tropic Scuba Hoodie

Blissed Out Wrap

New Weekend SS in Desert Snake Print

1. March 21, 2015 / 12:16 am

I purchased the cool racerback in the moody mirage and love it! I purchased the Blissed out wrap last year when they were released at the beginning of summer..I think these are just being brought back from that release as they didn't sell well during that time of year..My store had full size runs in all 3 colors..Black, Inkwell and white and then they disappeared..never went on mark down. I do love my wrap..it's amazing.

March 21, 2015 / 4:08 am

After collecting lulu for almost 2 years I'm afraid I've developed an allergy to it. I've got an all over rash (even on my scalp). Has anyone ever had this happen? I can't imagine not wearing my favorite things anymore. It's all I wear! If anyone has had similar experiences please reply. TIA!

• Lulumum
      March 21, 2015 / 10:30 pm

You could have an allergy to the spray they use on clothing in the warehouse to keep items crisp looking. All new clothing by all brands are sprayed with this but there have been batches of lulu clothes that have had maybe a little too much (clam diggers a few years ago and the secret garden print Jet Crops.

Make sure to wash every garment you purchase before wearing it. It's a good idea to use a bit of vinegar in your wash to strip any chemical residue. I also like to use natural laundry detergents without any chemical scent masks or optical whiteners as I'm highly allergic to detergents. My favourite is Nelly's or Country Save.

3. March 21, 2015 / 1:24 pm

It may be the detergent you're using that you're allergic to.

March 21, 2015 / 4:27 pm

I've used it a long time. But maybe an allergy like this can crop up after some time?

March 21, 2015 / 11:51 pm

Thanks so much for the advice! Any idea how much vinegar/dish soap per load? Do I use both? I hang all my lulu to dry so fabric softener isn't the issue. But I def will try the stripping thing. So hopeful this helps! The rash is keeping me up all night and it's been two weeks already.
      I do love your blog and I'm so thankful for you all to bounce this off of and get some insight.

• Lulumum
      March 21, 2015 / 10:33 pm

Yes, you could have a build up on your clothes and you may be reacting now because its built up over time. Try stripping with vinegar and dish soap. Conventional laundry detergent (and fabric softeners) have tons of chemicals in them that coat your clothing such as optic brighteners, whiteners and chemical fragrance mask. If you've ever had a mildew problem on your towels you know that they have built up a thick coating of laundry detergent and bacteria LOVE that residue.

• March 22, 2015 / 2:54 pm

maybe you should see a dermatologist. it may be something you've ingested. that sounds more like a systemic rash than just some kind of contact dermatitis.

• March 22, 2015 / 2:55 pm

or an allergist.
      also, try benadryl?

March 21, 2015 / 6:42 pm

@9:08 – oddly enough the same is happening to me as well! It it most pronounced at high contact areas – waistbands, bra lines, etc. I'm working on switching out my 'casual' Lulu for other clothes now to mitigate the reactivity, but it's tough – like you, Lulu is pretty much all I wear too!!

March 21, 2015 / 6:48 pm

Wanted to add – tried other detergents and looked for other potential allergens to no avail!! In my sample of one, wearing less luon does seem to help (unfortunately).

March 21, 2015 / 6:51 pm

That is odd and scary! I have a fear that Lulu will go out of style or out of business and then I won't know what to do since my whole wardrobe is from there as well but I never thought allergy… until now…

March 21, 2015 / 8:28 pm

So did it help to avoid luon alone or all of lulus synthetic fibres? My aunt is terribly allergic to latex and rubber. I'm afraid if I become sensitive to those things I'll have a hard time finding anything besides 100% cotton that I will be able to wear. My aunt cannot even wear regular jeans. She hasn't said anything but I think she's thinking in her head, "cut out the synthetic fibres and your rash might clear up!"
      My family knows how obsessed I am with lulus synthetics!! It's actually really not a laughing matter for me though.

March 22, 2015 / 2:24 pm

Does anyone know if the blissed out wrap will be uploaded or if it is available in Canada?

March 22, 2015 / 3:27 pm

I love my navy Blissed Out Wrap from last year

March 22, 2015 / 11:28 pm

I got a pair of Hawk Blue WU crops today at Sherway Gardens store – colour should go good with tropics, mint, etc. And hopefully they don't show sweat marks! I was hoping for a tank in surge blue or harbour blue but it doesn't seem like we will get them so I iwent for the pants. Also the ed told me that there is no longer a 2 week return policy – I did not know that! Will be interesting – as I tend to hold onto things waiting for something better…..hmmmn

• Lulumum
      March 22, 2015 / 11:35 pm

Oh that is interesting about the return period. Do you have your receipt handy that you could check the return/exchange information on it? I know they've gotten really liberal with returns lately which I love, but didn't realize they actually got rid of the two week deadline.

Hawk Blue is really pretty. I'd love to see a Love Tee in solid Hawk Blue to layer over my mint CRB.

March 23, 2015 / 2:03 am

The receipt states 2 weeks. When I said to her "really". I didn't know that she said yes it's something new. I don't know if it applies to wmtm stuff but I never had an issue returning wmtm at the store. Someone will end up buying it anyway. According to the ed on phone when I called once about how wrinkly the bliss out wrap was that I bought on wmtm she simply said we accept returns if u don't like the quality. And I have never had issues returning at burlington store. Maybe policy is changing.

March 23, 2015 / 5:50 pm

They told me the receipt will still say 2 weeks but they aren't going by that anymore

March 25, 2015 / 1:42 am

so then what is the return period?? shorter or longer than the two weeks?