The Upload! It’s live!

The last few days of posts: Fitspo BloggersCarbon38 La Plage Collection, NSALE Public Access! All the other Nordstrom Anniversary 2018  Sale Try-Ons.

The Lululemon Upload! It’s yawnville today, unfortunately. Nothing at all for me today, and not even a little tempted by anything. That’s probably because I’m still excited about my NSALE purchases. I’m all about fall clothing shopping (despite the 32*/89* weather), not activewear. How about you guys? What are you shopping for in the dead of summer sitting poolside, or in air-conditioned offices?  Let’s make a boring upload exciting by talking about our summer shopping scores in the comments.

I wanted to share a press release from Lululemon. Lululemon has named a new Cheif Executive Officer. It’s Calvin McDonald, formerly of Sephora. Here is the Lululemon press release if you are interested in that sort of thing.

Speed Up Crop

Fast and Free 7/8 Pant II
On Pace Crop
Wunder Under Pant Hi-Rise 7/8 Tight
Sculpt Tank II

1. Jen
    July 24, 2018 / 1:33 pm

The Breezy singlet is a re-release. I bought it a few years ago for Summer marathon training (although the white version had coral mesh detail on it back then).

• Estella Morrison
      July 24, 2018 / 5:45 pm

I bought this singlet in the floral sport, in 2015. There’s a great feedback for it now on the website (except for one who scorched it the dryer [??]), all by newbies who see this design for the first time. I like it and still wear it occasionally, but mostly for non-sweaty pursuits. Swift fabric is good for to and from pants only, it really doesn’t breathe.

2. Rise and Shine
    July 24, 2018 / 2:02 pm

Hoping for good things under McDonald. He sounds like a really good fit.

One thing about Sephora always intrigued me. Several years ago thei salespeople were saying they were going to re-work their stores to be like the Apple store, but then it never happened. I hate that model of retail with a passion, so I was always curious why they decided not to go through with it. Was it initial customer reaction?

• Cristina
      Author
      July 24, 2018 / 2:13 pm

That’s interesting. I wonder what they had in mind as far as the apple store model. Having to ask an SA for product and then getting a demo about it? I’m an independent shopper and would really hate that. I generally dislike shopping at Apple but tolerate it when I need something. It’s not conducive to stopping in and shopping aimlessly.

• Rise and Shine
        July 24, 2018 / 6:28 pm

Yeah, it’s a PITA, and Sephora has mastered the art of the line. I probably spend as much money on the impulse purchases I find while standing in line as I do on the items I ostensibly came to the store for!

3. Anne
    July 24, 2018 / 2:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered the Fast and Free Crop in Shorelines multi blue. The light colors are pretty for stretching days and upper body training, but dark colors and prints are a MUST for sweaty leg days and cardio days. 😉

4. LittleMissG
    July 24, 2018 / 2:21 pm

Haven’t bought a Define in years because I have so many – but I am loving that brilliant color and might have to get it! 😍

• Anon
      July 24, 2018 / 4:18 pm

I ordered that pretty bright Define. I love me some bright colors. I ordered the Love Tank Pleated in Juniper.

• Cristina
        Author
        July 24, 2018 / 5:11 pm

Love the color of that Define. Reminds me of angel blue.

5. susie
    July 24, 2018 / 2:53 pm

Hey Cristina.. do you know if lulu is putting out a wanderlust collection this year?

• Cristina
      Author
      July 24, 2018 / 3:55 pm

I doubt it. Adidas is the sponsor for Wanderlust as far as I know so Lululemon no longer creates gear for the event.

• anonymous
      July 24, 2018 / 5:26 pm

Adidas and Wanderlust signed a multi-year contract a few years ago so I doubt Lululemon will put out a capsule. There was one year they had the capsule and Adidas was signed with Wanderlust but that was probably because it takes about a year to go from design to website/floor and they already had it when the contract was signed. They released it that year online, in a few stores and had a “roaming” van of it but it was not at the festival itself that year. That was the last year they did a capsule.

6. Anon
    July 24, 2018 / 3:13 pm

Absolute snoozeville for the last few weeks. I have enjoyed seeing what you bought at the Nordstrom sale but for me I haven’t bought much this summer except for a couple of Anthropology blouses.

• Cristina
      Author
      July 24, 2018 / 5:12 pm

I love the green embroidered blouse I got from Anthro in May. I wasn’t sure it would get a lot of use but it has because the material is so light and airy.

7. Runrunyogi
    July 24, 2018 / 3:30 pm

I’m interested in the Wind Down Pant and would like to purchase the new colors the Back In Action LS came out in last week. Athleta’s sale has been decent. I’ve purchased a few things from them and Sanctuary pants/crops from the Nordstrom sale. Most of my money is going towards home improvements and decorating. Honestly kind of happy to be taking a step away from Lulu. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Runrunyogi
      July 24, 2018 / 3:34 pm

I’d really like to try that dress but the double slurs and where they’d hit on me would be so unflattering. A lot of Lulu’s products have been missed for me lately because of one detail. Is anyone else having this issue?

• Runrunyogi
        July 24, 2018 / 3:35 pm

*slits (ugh, typing is not for me today)

• Estella Morrison
          July 24, 2018 / 6:40 pm

Absolutely. The one detail I don’t usually buy their tops for is shortness. I have a long torso, and they are very unflattering on me (and reveal a piece of my tummy when I lift my arms, or any camel toe). Also, I don’t mind their ultra thin cotton for tops, but the summer dresses should be made of a heftier cotton, with no high slits, especially on both sides! I also dislike joggers (been there, done that), which LLL seems to use for most of their leisure pants. I have a few workout tops with open backs, but I won’t buy any more of those. It seems a tad overused and dated now. And any repeated design… again, been there, done that in my 19 years of buying LLL. Precious few things remain to purchase, I’m afraid.

8. Shadowy_lady
    July 24, 2018 / 4:00 pm

The Breezeby Singlet is a re-release, no? I think I have that exact tank from a few years back.

Nothing for me today. Probably because I just received my order of 3 new Liquido leggings and LOVE them. For those of you in Canada, their online warehouse (Northern Star Yoga) is having a great sale. Love me some Liquido leggings

• Anne
      July 24, 2018 / 4:38 pm

Just looked up Liquido Leggings. I really liked some of their single color textured leggings. How does their sizing translate to Lululemon’s sizing?

• Anita
        July 24, 2018 / 9:58 pm

I wear a size 8 Lululemon leggings and a medium liquido leggings. I love liquido’s quality and comfortable fit.

• shadowy_lady
        July 25, 2018 / 6:48 am

I wear Lulu bottoms in 6-8 and Medium in Liquido. Mind you I also have one in Large and it still fits ok. I would say they run a bit small. If you are on the larger end of your size range, sizing up would be best

9. July 24, 2018 / 5:12 pm

Well, well a new bikini colour, and the re-presentation of the down winter jacket as just in! Lulu marketing crack me up!

As for shopping score, an nice new cocoon wrap from lulu good time at a killer price.

How do you find your NSALE findings so far Cristina? Any fav fav fav? The Jeans with the white stripe on the side look great!

Oh not doing Seawheeze I wonder if lulu will open up more registration in the years to come.

Yay for new CEO. I mean how can it be worst, seriously,… eh well, oki time will tell!

• Cristina
      Author
      July 24, 2018 / 8:20 pm

Loving my NSALE finds, although I won’t detag yet. I am in love with the Veronica Beard jacket and I’m definitely keeping it, and the vince sneakers. I loved all the jeans I tried but can only keep two, so far I’m leaning towards the AG Farrah, and the Mother. Giving myself another few days to decide. I think there were a lot of really great pieces this year as far as high end/designer stuff (jeans etc). I think their sale infrastructure was worse this year (due to popularity I’m sure) but the product selection was great.

• July 25, 2018 / 1:05 pm

Def the Mother one girl! Sometime its difficult to make the cut. However if lulu continue to do so poorly you could keep one extra pair of jeans? Just saying! Oki, this idea is not really helping but considering the trend…

The sneaker/shoes are RAD, and look great on you. Have you settle on the white one?

IT problems during sale, I feel the pain. You remember few years ago lulu problems with their web site? Oh and their IT novelty “0$ SS shirt” for sale, that was one for the ages 😀

• Cristina
      Author
      July 24, 2018 / 8:25 pm

Funny about the bikini + the down jacket.
      Love the vintage lulu finds. I had great luck last year with some awesome winter pieces from years past.

Very curious to see how the new CEO does. A major overhaul is needed. They really lost their way. This community has outlasted a lot of executives.

• July 25, 2018 / 1:13 pm

So true! How much a CEO can influence the trend and staff? Well as you said its time for lulu to find its way back. I wonder what Chip W. thinks of all this mess…

Lucky you about the winter gears! Lately the feathers are stick out even on their photo online: ie see on the black jacket at the neck area (facepalm). Oh vintage lulu… Oh the Luon smell in store too!

10. Anon
    July 24, 2018 / 5:37 pm

Nothing for me today. I haven’t bought anything since early May and that’s something ! I have been buying every month from every upload year after year and then something happened. Don’t take me wrong, I still like their stuff a lot. I’m not into “old Lulu” either and like their current stuff much more than 8 or 10 years ago. I wear it to the gym 6 days a week as I always have , but… I’m not wearing it during the day as much as I used to. I guess I got tired of wearing active wear everywhere. I’m more into normal clothing now. In fact, I got obsessed with Australian brand Camilla as of recently and most of my $$ goes there. I still have plenty of Lulu to wear to the gym though , that’s not going to change. But for the day I want something silky, colorful and flowy now

• Estella Morrison
      July 24, 2018 / 6:45 pm

Haha, I echo your sentiment about not dressing in LLL top to toe anymore. This summer, I bought only flowy, long, feminine dresses. No shorts and active wear for me out of the gym!

July 24, 2018 / 6:20 pm

i am loving the antique bark color on the in movement tights! i’d love to see what they actually look like though because the website/model photos are never quite right.

• Breanna
      July 24, 2018 / 6:32 pm

I agree! Is it leaning more towards brown tones? Because the picture looks similar to the pink tones that have been released this year, but I would love some Lulu pieces in brown/beige/tan. Seems everything is always grey toned though.

12. LittleMissG
    July 25, 2018 / 2:24 pm

So I ended up getting the pretty Define in Frosty AND the Scuba Light in Heathered Frosty AND the Love Tank Pleated in Juniper. I think I’ve bought more in the past month than I have in the past few years combined.

13. LS
    July 25, 2018 / 2:52 pm

Pretty bad. I bought the Luna WU when they dropped but I honestly can’t remember when or what I purchased before that. Things have really changed! Been throwing a lot more money at Carbon38 lately, as well as buying more “real” clothes. One only needs so many sports bra, leggings, tank tops…

July 26, 2018 / 8:38 pm

The only new lulu I bought this year was the everyday skirt, which I love. More excited about the Nordstrom sale, thanks to your fit reviews Cristina! Checked it out for the first time this year b/c I am the same size as you and your blog posts looked really good. Got the barefoot dreams cardigan, the AG jeans, the maria j brand jeans. Also have a blue popover from madewell coming in the mail. Thanks to your expertise I was able to teach the cashier how to do a send sale in Canada, lol.

15. Gymmie
    July 28, 2018 / 12:00 pm

Yay rainbow reflectives are in aus stores so people have been trying to sell theirs for huge dollars before people find out. At first i wanted a pair but got over it when i realized i have shorts tights tank Nd bra in reflective and rarely wear them since i tend to run when its fairly light out… And i prefer to wear fun colourd speeds and fast n frees rather than black with flat grey spots… But i dont wear tights for anything but body pump or running. I have so many other outfits to wear for casual or business. Lol. $ 128 tights to wear 2x in year is crazy when you have 100 pair and 50 shorts 20 skirts…. I cant cycle through them in a year. And i have some alo stella mccartney onzie kdeer that i try to cycle in once a year.
    Loving new print that looks like seawheeze but not sure if its too close to print or the culture clash print. The flowery tights with rainbow stripe are fun but maybe crop or shorts.

16. LittleMissG
    July 30, 2018 / 4:09 pm

Got my Frosty Define the other day – while it is beautiful, it’s not as vibrant as it is in the stock photos. Keeping it anyway because I’m obsessed with Frosty right now. Heathered Frosty Scuba Light is going back.

• Stephanie R.
      July 30, 2018 / 9:25 pm

Do you have any pictures? I want to buy but knew it wasn’t going to be as shockingly bright as the pictures. I’m sure its still beautiful, and maybe a little more wearable because it’s not as bright?

17. Stephanie R.
    July 30, 2018 / 9:40 pm

18. Buggie
    July 31, 2018 / 8:19 am

Hellooooo Cristina? Are you on vacation? Is your blog broken? I kinda miss you, is that weird?! 😆

• Cristina
      Author
      July 31, 2018 / 8:24 am

Hi hi hi!! I have been on vacation this week but had completely planned on blogging throughout. Unfortunately, both places we stayed at had very horrible wifi connection so I was only able to lurk a bit. I got back last night so today, full steam ahead for upload post and more.

• July 31, 2018 / 9:28 am