Last weeks Lululemon Upload, fit review, fit review, holiday gift guide for him.

The upload is up!

What a disappointing upload! There are a few items that caught my eye today but not anything I’ve got to pull the trigger on. These are unusually light uploads during prime shopping weeks – I was really surprised that Lululemon opted out of the double uploads that should have started last week, and today the upload was later than usual and very light. I tend to get the bulk of my holiday shopping done the first week of December and I don’t really hold out to ‘see what comes’ closer to Christmas. It’s just too risky.

The Rest Less Hoodie in Blazer Blue is super pretty but I think it’s short this year just like the LS’s, and I don’t love the sheen of this year’s fabric. Such a shame because the color is stunning. The Meant To Move Tee was tempting me – I love a good scoop neck tee shirt for working out in. I was a bit shocked at the price tag though. $74 seems really crazy for a basic tee.

Did you order anything?

Rest Less Hoodie
Rest Less Hoodie

Meant To Move Tee

Meant To Move Tee

Last year there was this gorgeous herringbone print Radiant Jacket that Hong Kong got for their Lululemon Upload, and I waited and waited for North America to get the same print but it never came to North America sadly. I’m passing on these but if that herringbone one shows up I will get it.

Radiant Jacket II

Kick Swerve Sweat Tight

Kick Serve Sweat Tight Kick Serve Sweat Tight Kick Serve Sweat Tight

Carry Onward Rucksack

Carry Onward Rucksack

1. Kara L.
    December 5, 2017 / 3:55 pm

No Tied to You sweater in Canada. Beginning to feel like they really don’t care about the Canadian business any more!!!

• Del
      December 5, 2017 / 3:58 pm

Yes it is, two colors under long sleeve tops.

• Kara L.
        December 5, 2017 / 4:55 pm

Thanks! I was looking under sweaters!

2. Lindsay Harris
    December 5, 2017 / 4:05 pm

No metallic?

• Runrunyogi
      December 5, 2017 / 4:29 pm

I’m waiting for the metallic too 🙁

• Jennifer
        December 5, 2017 / 4:36 pm

It just uploaded in the speeds

• Runrunyogi
          December 5, 2017 / 6:45 pm

Did they sell out already? I checked both the U.S. and Canada sites but only see a Heathered Black that looks kind of silver.

3. j
    December 5, 2017 / 4:19 pm

That’s it?!?
    Or am I blind to other new items in my frantic search for metallics?

• Rise and Shine
      December 5, 2017 / 5:03 pm

It’s a weird upload. They’re adding things gradually.

Aero Blue LS Swiftly might go on my wish list, but I’m kind of over paying the price increase on Swiftlies. I know it went into effect over a year ago, but I’m just feeling done. I have a lot; is it really worth nearly $80 to me to add another shade?

Love the new Rest Less pattern and I actually like the sheen, but the short length is tough. I have one that I’m keeping, but not sure whether or not I’ll buy more. Not at full price.

The website is seriously screwing up all the colors. I didn’t even recognize Inkwell in the DFAR series. It looks much lighter.

Mittens look great, but $48??

• Rise and Shine
        December 5, 2017 / 5:06 pm

Just re-read my comment and wanted to apologize for all the negativity! I actually think there were some nice looking things, and in general, there’s a lot of improvement compared to last year.

December 7, 2017 / 8:39 pm

What negativity girl? You’re damn straight $80 for a swiftly is ridiculous. I just wait it out and never have problems finding swiftlies on the markdown rack for $49. I have enough where if I miss a color here and there, I will survive. I’m no longer afraid or petrified Lulu, so forget about getting my 80 bucks.

• Cristina
        Author
        December 5, 2017 / 7:55 pm

I didn’t realize when I first started writing my intro that they where still uploading product. I’m still grumpy about the lack of metallic, but I ended up getting the City Trek pants because those are staples.

December 5, 2017 / 4:44 pm

Boo I want Metallic. But I do need that Camo sculpt, site is down though…

5. Stylistadiva
    December 5, 2017 / 4:45 pm

Boring upload. Most “new” items have already been there for the last week or two. I haven’t purchased anything in awhile. No must haves for me.

December 5, 2017 / 5:00 pm

Am I the only one who thinks the Kick Swerve Tights are straight up rip-offs from the P.E. Nation pants?

• Cristina
      Author
      December 5, 2017 / 7:56 pm

I totally thought that and it weirded me out.

December 5, 2017 / 11:04 pm

Yes!!! When I looked at them, I got confused and thought “those don’t look like Lulu.” I actually scrolled back up really fast to make sure I was reading the Upload post and not one on other brands.

7. Sarah Gordon
    December 5, 2017 / 5:14 pm

I’m with you Cristina – I’m confused over the light upload tonight – by next Tuesday I will be done with my gift shopping. Also don’t understand why they tease the new fabrics like metallic in the new photos where they show two models together and then it’s not part of the upload. Odd marketing/product selection choices

8. Jill
    December 5, 2017 / 5:34 pm

I think the website is a mess. I don’t get the same images consistently when I click on what’s new. Some new items aren’t showing up in the new section, and when I hit back on my browser, it takes me back to the top of the new page, not where I was further down on the page. It’s so frustrating that I decided not to click on some items because I didn’t want to deal with the scrolling in the event that I wanted to go back. I would have dropped $$ on the rest less hoodie and pullovers if the length hadn’t shrunk so much. WHY did they do that? If we are wearing leggings, we want bum coverage. Sigh.

December 5, 2017 / 11:09 pm

The sending you back to the top of the page drives me crazy. I won’t click on any products now. I scroll until I reach the bottom, so I don’t have to keep starting over. Then when I reach the end, I consider if I want to scroll back up and click on anything. To be honest, I don’t click on nearly as much individual product as I used to. Or I find myself just checking the blogs and doing a search for something specific, instead of looking at everything. This method has for sure saved me money. I’m not nearly as tempted to get multiple things now. The website is too time consuming to navigate.

• j
        December 6, 2017 / 3:44 am

OMG! The sending me back to the top of the page drives me nuts!!! It has *drastically* reduced my browsing which will have/has had an effect on my overall spending.

• Anita
          December 6, 2017 / 7:48 am

Totally agree with the browsing issues and it really affected me on the Black Friday. Here is a weird new website issue that I have been experiencing and filed a complaint about. I live in Ontario Canada in a border city with the USA, every time I do a store search online, the ‘new & so called improved website’ searches USA stores for my items, not Canadian stores. I can see what is available in every state but not in my closest Lululemon store in Ontario less than an hour away. This week, one search showed me only what was available in Hanoi which isn’t remotely close to Canada. The website needs to be redone.

December 6, 2017 / 8:00 am

I had the same problem and the site kept showing up US stores when I tried to search product availability in store. Sent an inquiry twice and finally got a reply saying that “The item you searched was only available in US stores so only US stores showed up.” Interesting. That never happened before plus they didn’t know which item I was searching for.

• mary
          December 6, 2017 / 9:24 am

Yeah I can’t stand to use the desktop site at all anymore, the app is sort of tolerable but i’ve been having issues when I try to ‘check out’ on my app- it gives me errors and when I emailed lulu I ended up in some sort of IT nightmare with a bunch of people emailing me (Eds saying they didn’t understand, IT asking for more info) I gave up.

• Rise and Shine
        December 6, 2017 / 3:47 am

The thing that makes me nuts is when you want to see a product in different colors, the back button takes you back to the last color you looked at, not to the main page. That, and the huge menu that flashes open and takes up half the page. It really looks like amateur hour. I don’t know why they haven’t fixed it.

Actually, I don’t know why they haven’t fired the guy in charge of it, because the last website sucked, too. But then, they never fired Holman. Not sure why there’s such a high tolerance for incompetence. No, seriously. It’s not like these guys are fresh out of college and we should pity them and give them a few more chances. I’m sure they make much, much more than I do, and are supposed to be at the pinnacle of their careers. WTH?

• Gymmie
            December 9, 2017 / 4:37 am

Hi Laurent. I think its great that you read these blogs with sincere customer feedback.
            I too have decreased my presence on the website for the same reasons stated above. I have not bought lll in over a month…so I have gone from $10K a year to nothing in a month. Lots has to do with the product offerings too…especially lack of colour and lack of designs that are classic lulu.
            Don’t be defensive, rather use this information and listen to what is being said over and over. When you change your pricing strategies you have to expect that people want and expect exceptional quality products. I think hard before spending $128 on a pair of tights to wear for an hour to gym or running. The volume I used to buy has declined big time.
            And why does lll stock the outlets with deep discount items for angels aka resellers to profit from all the tips…some pay mortgages with those tips. Put the items on wmtm for all to benefit. Part of cutting back is that i see the items i paid full price for being sold by angels for half the price. What a sucker I am…so i think twice now about buying when item first comes out.
            Most people just dont want to see a canadian company sink with so much competition. Some do genuinely care.

• CT
            December 9, 2017 / 6:40 am

O.K. who thinks this is really Laurent Potdevin responding to Rise and Shine’s comment? I believe he may read this and other LLL blogs but never have I seen him respond to any of the hundreds of negative comments made about his leadership at LLL.

I am going to respond based on the premise that Laurent Potdevin reads this blog and not because I believe he would be foolish enough to expose himself with a “because then you’d have to fire me” response when that’s a wish many including myself has made numerous times since he became CEO. Laurent Potdevin must be a happy guy these days especially after announcing such great 3rd quarter results and he strikes me as the kind of guy that lets the numbers speak for him. I am happy that LLL is doing well because it allows me to still buy those few remaining items I still wear that haven’t been axed and the ever so elusive gem that pops up with design elements of LLL past.

Although online sales increased in the 3rd quarter by 26%, Laurent Potdevin shouldn’t sit on his laurels because online sales had no where to go but up and should continue to go up based on shopping trends and not because LLL’s website is a smooth, easy and enjoyable online shopping and browsing experience, far from it.

• CT
      December 6, 2017 / 4:57 am

I totally agree with all of you, I hate the changes made to the website and especially how it doesn’t take you back to same place you were on the page prior to clicking on a product and yes the back arrow only takes you back to the last colour you looked at so now I hesitate to look at other colours and yes I hestitate and most times don’t look at a product that is more than halfway down the page because I know I will be sent back to the top.

Have any of you used the feedback tab located on the right side of all pages you are on? I have given feedback a couple of times about how displeased I am with the changes.

• Sarah
        December 6, 2017 / 5:53 am

The thing is that no one has used such a basic web design since the early 2000’s. It’s a disgrace and should be a huge embarrassment. It’s certainly doesn’t encourage browsing. At upload I come here to see what’s new and go direct to a few favorite staples to see if there is a new color. What a waste of a redesign.

• Rise and Shine
        December 6, 2017 / 3:28 pm

I didn’t notice the feedback tab, but I left my candid thoughts. Thanks for pointing that out!

• Estella Moore
        December 8, 2017 / 4:30 pm

I experienced, with utter frustration, all the problems you guys mention regarding the website re-design. When LLL keeps more than 200 items in WMTM, and I have to start from number one every time I click on an item, it wastes my time and makes me so very frustrated that I just close the whole thing and don’t look at it for days. Who’s got time for such a primitive web design.

• KWB
        December 11, 2017 / 1:14 pm

I thought I was nutty for having these issues, scrolling through different colours (I hate doing it now), the back button taking back to the top of the page rather than where you stopped previously, and has anyone noticed that you now have to place something in the shopping cart in order to favourite it? Ridiculous.

9. Samantha
    December 5, 2017 / 6:09 pm

I like a lot of new items, namely the Radiant jacket and the WAFS and camo CRB IIs. I like the metallic speed ups, but my legs don’t work well with the side cut of speed ups, so those are a pass. I also like the Sleek Essentials jacket, but don’t need another light jacket.

All in all, I liked a lot, but no spending for me! I spent a ton at a few retailers on Black Friday and I have a few gifts to buy!

December 5, 2017 / 7:31 pm

I don’t see Metallic speedups.

10. CT
    December 6, 2017 / 5:28 am

I agree with Cristina about the Rest Less items this year, not liking how short they are and I also don’t like the sheen on the fabric. Boy how I miss the ones from about 3+ years ago that were so soft, thick, stretchy and a nice long length with no sheen to the fabric. Maybe they will start twice weekly drops this week being the first week of December, if not, I don’t really care, what I would like to see is their drop on Monday or early Tuesday so there is a better chance my order will arrive by Friday especially now with courier companies getting so busy.

Yesterday I tried on the Runderful p/o and I had to size up because this is a very tight fitting top. Sizing up didn’t affect the fit in the shoulders as their are no seams there and overall I liked the fit much better in a size up. The fabric is nicely thick and very soft and the length was fine on me covering part of the bum. The black cherry is gorgeous but I was hoping to check out the stony grape which the store didn’t have. I think I am going to wait to see if this comes out in a 1/2 zip but I am going to keep my eye on this.

I also tried on the Swiftly Wool 1/2 zip and I really liked it (it’s in Canadian stores now but not online yet). I tried on the same size as I buy in the original Swiftly and it fit the same. Some people have said they don’t think the fabric feels any different or thicker than the original but I disagree. This wool Swiftly feels like a knit and does feel a little thicker than the original. I like how the sleeves from the forearm down to the wrist are not as tight and the length seems to be the same as the originals and the knit hem seems to stay in place better but I would have to run or walk around in it to really test this. That is a gripe with the Swiftly always inching up as you move. I really love everything about this new wool Swiftly and if I had some in my wardrobe I know I would reach for them in the winter before I would reach for the originals. They are on my wish list as my money has been going elsewhere right now. Just a heads up on the Radiant Jacket ll, I didn’t try it on but it is a very narrow cut.

• Del
      December 6, 2017 / 11:28 am

Did they have other colors in the swiftly half zip or just black cherry? Just wondering cause that is all the stores seem to have. TIA

• CT
        December 6, 2017 / 12:37 pm

I just saw the black cherry but would think they will release more colours probably the same as the p/o.

11. shadowy_lady
    December 6, 2017 / 7:45 am

I’m seeing a lot more than that though (I’m in Canada too). I got a Runderful because I love those for running in winter (I have two from previous years).

12. mary
    December 6, 2017 / 9:27 am

I love my restless from 2 years ago- I wear it at least once a week (more if I do laundry) this time of year. I REALLY wish this year’s had been longer. I tried them on in store but as a 6ft tall person I can’t make that short of a shirt work in winter unless I’m wearing highwaisted pants (I don’t usually).
    My family has been asking for my christmas list but I’ve been holding out- hoping the 2 a week uploads or great holiday stuff might pop up- is this it? I might just be asking for basics (City trek trousers, runderfuls, swiftlys) this year.

13. Klo
    December 6, 2017 / 11:48 am

I ordered Camo and wafs crb’s. I haven’t bought a crb since last year when they brought some or the original
    Design out after Christmas at $29. I am shopping for pants for my 16 year old son. The guys pants get horrible reviews. Can anyone suggest some men’s pants (other than the ABC line) that have washed and worn well?

• Mrs. O
      December 6, 2017 / 2:50 pm

Pants like dress pants or joggers? The commission pant is nice but my hubby still prefers the ABC pant. I believe the commission pant is slightly slimmer and narrower at the ankles. If you’re looking for joggers, my husband likes ABC jogger, discipline pant, intent pant and hustle pant.

• Klo
        December 8, 2017 / 1:02 pm

Thank you!

14. Mrs. O
    December 6, 2017 / 2:51 pm

I think I’m going to have to order the camo scuba hoodie and crb II. I want to check out the Run Rulu Run Pant as well.

15. LK
    December 6, 2017 / 6:31 pm

Anyone know what happened to all the color choices for the Train Times 7/8 pants? There were 10+ colors online, but now only 3 colors online. My local store had about 6 diff colors in my size in the store.

December 7, 2017 / 10:27 pm

I was going to ask the same question!! It’s so annoying that there’s no color choices online , only in store so we can’t use Ebates for purchases 🙁

16. a.
    December 7, 2017 / 8:38 am

Unrelated to this upload, but I got an email today from a spin studio here in Seattle saying that they’re having a 25% off holiday shop day with Lululemon (Pacific Place) on Monday. Pretty crazy discount for lulu! they say you can buy up to 15 items. I’m going to go this weekend and try to scope out what I might want…

December 7, 2017 / 3:35 pm

I saw that too (also in Seattle)! It was from Pure Barre WA. That might explain the smaller uploads? Less product to take a big discount on?

December 7, 2017 / 7:08 pm

We had our 25% off event tonight in Dayton OH. It was nice to be able to get 25% off and they also gave the discount if they had to order your items online for you! I got 15 items and they ordered me 3 online. It was a nice event to be able to do Christmas shopping and the store was pretty crowded. They stayed open an extra half hour as well.

December 7, 2017 / 10:29 pm

Did you get an email from them or how did you know about the event ?

18. Joanna
    December 8, 2017 / 10:09 am

There are a few things that caught my eye, but not enough to buy. Prices are getting ridiculous for some pieces.

19. Elise
    December 9, 2017 / 8:04 pm

I saw some foil headbands at a store here in Washington state. I didn’t have time to see if there was more, but the material is pretty great…it’s not too flashy. Honestly a little more subtle than it looks in photos. I think it’s safe to say that some of the foiled items will be in next week’s upload.

• Elise