Just in time for todays upload!

Guys, I am so proud and excited about a change I’ve made to my blog. You guys have been telling me for years how frustratingly slow my blog is and that was because of a combination of two issues – it’s such an image heavy blog, and the traffic is larger than the server can handle efficiently. Thank you so much for enduring the frustration for so long!! It means the world to me that you follow my blog despite the frustratingly clunky loading. I’ve finally been able to make the changes with some financial investment (hence, I need to use affiliate links to offset the monthly cost – thank you for supporting that too!), as well as help from an amazing developer – Phil. I had to be brave while taking a huge chance that it could all go sideways, I’d lose 7 years of content if it had. I know for those of you with tech knowledge this seems like a really silly anxiety to have, but because I’m not tech savvy, I can’t fix things easily when they go wrong and my blog is very precious to me. I could have also done this on my own without the assistance of a developer but I’m certain it would have taken me months to get it just right and would have been a very frustrating process. Having someone’s expertise in this was so very worth waiting for.
Visually I don’t think you will be seeing a lot of difference. This change mostly impacts the performance of my blog and the speed should be impacted substantially. Basically there is some super caching going on in the background, and greater bandwidth.

You may see some formatting issues in older blog posts and some weird broken links – I’m trying to look for those to fix them. If you see any that are jarringly weird please comment on that post to draw my attention to it so that I can fix it. The old comments are being moved over as well, but that will take time for those comments to populate the posts. Don’t worry, your thoughts and discussions are all still there.

Thank you so much for being such a fantastic community! I love being a part of this community and creating this space within the community. I hope you guys like the change!

Another thing to note, please re-book mark my blog address just in case. If you are still using my very first blog address and getting redirected, you will now get a full on re-direct page which will be annoying. My blog address for your bookmark is www.thesweatedit.com

I’m going to need to drink a fishbowl of this beverage tonight to celebrate.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1. CT
    April 25, 2017 / 6:57 pm

To be honest LLM I never really had a problem with your site being clunky etc. I appreciate you taking the time, money and risk to improve your site. I see you have a new way of leaving comments by first enrolling with name and email address so hopefully that means the end of verifications in order to leave a comment, which frankly has been my biggest beef with your site. I don’t know if it’s because of the changes happening right now on your site but I am not able to see comments on any of your threads but maybe that will change once I post my name and email address for the first time.

• lulumum
      Author
      April 25, 2017 / 7:00 pm

Hi CT, Thank you so much for your feedback. I believe it’s a one time verification and then you never have to do it again. My old comments are being merged over as well, but it’s taking time to load – should be 24-48 hours. I’ve noticed really old posts are already being repopulated with the old comments.
      One thing you guys will notice is I have to approve comments before they are posted. This is a feature I do not want and as soon as I can figure out how to get your comments to automatically post, I will do that. As always, I don’t want to moderate comments.

• CT
      April 25, 2017 / 7:06 pm

Oh goodness have fun approving comments especially on a busy Tuesday new drop! I am glad to know you are not going to be moderating comments which is also what I appreciate about your site. Thanks for all your hard work and enjoy that beverage tonight it looks delish!

• lulumum
        Author
        April 25, 2017 / 7:10 pm

I know! So far I see that I can ‘auto-approve’ regular commenters so that I don’t have to keep doing it, but I have to manually input each profile. I’ll hopefully get a good bulk of people auto-approved tonight.

2. Gaby Beach
    April 25, 2017 / 7:29 pm

This looks so great on mobile. I’ve only been following for a couple months now but the effort is great! Nice work.

• lulumum
      Author
      April 25, 2017 / 7:32 pm

Thanks so much for following!

3. TC
    April 25, 2017 / 8:09 pm

Hi lulumum! Long time reader, but I’ve never commented. Just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you for all your hard work. You have a lovely blog and I always enjoy your posts, especially your beauty recommendations. Those are definitely my favorite and would love to see more of those posts in the future. Also, as a fellow Aritiza and Anthropologie shopper, I also enjoy your posts on findings from these stores. So, er, I really enjoy your non-Lululemon posts. Hahaha. Seriously, I like those too but as per most people, I’m finding myself not nearly as obsessed with Lululemon as I once was. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks!

4. Mrs. O
    April 25, 2017 / 11:19 pm

LLM, thank you for spending the time and money to update your blog.

5. Jennifer
    April 26, 2017 / 3:56 am

Hi LLM LOVE the changes. Love that I don’t have to go through the verification process for every post. It looks fabulous and is super fast!! I posted formthe upload and put in my name and email. As I am typing this it automatically filled in the info below for me so it is a one time deal. Love your posts of all things, not just LLL too!
    Been reading and commenting on your blog for years, love it! You do great work! And your Paris post was amazing! 😊

6. Mrs. O
    April 26, 2017 / 7:38 am

LLM, the “home” link next to the “previous” or “next” post is no longer there. Are you going to add it at a later time? I like having it next to the previous/next post so I don’t have to scroll to the top to get to home.

The more I look your new site, the more I’m loving it! Thanks, LLM.

• lulumum
      Author
      April 26, 2017 / 2:14 pm

I will! Thanks for pointing that out. I just have to figure out how so it’s going to take some time.