What is going on over at Lululemon HQ???! Another dump to the WMTM section with items that where uploaded brand new to the website last week! I wonder if this is Lululemon’s pricing strategy failing catastrophically, and this is the only way for them to reverse such a big blunder. Usually when a company increases prices, they cannot then go back and bring prices back down to what they where previously, so they take a risk and then rely on having to use markdowns if the market didn’t bear that price increase. This trains customers to only ever buy product on sale from them. I think this is starting to happen now with Lululemon as I’m second guessing all of my purchases, and items that used to sell out online are still full size runs several weeks after uploads.

Another possibility is that these Fall 2016 items arrived late to stores (as I had said several times; this fall has been very light on product) and now the Fall 2016 items are butting up against a large drop of Winter 2016.

Anyways, lots of items on tonight’s upload that I’m interested in. I tried on a few of these items in store and really liked them but passed on them because of pricing. The Moonlit Magenta Sculpt Tank is calling to me, and the Paisley print WUC’s and Run Sun Seeker LS on the US side. Did you guys buy anything on markdown? I’m really happy with my Tech Tights I got with last weeks huge WMTM upload.

WMTM

October 22, 2016 / 2:14 am

nothing for me. lots of items but nothing to interest me. the markdowns are just not deep enough for me to justify the purchase of an item that I don't like that much in the first place.
    on another note I truly believe that they are set to destroy the brand. probably getting it ready for takeover or move to another country.

October 22, 2016 / 4:22 am

Agree with you! Plus, no returns allowed on WMTM!

October 22, 2016 / 2:20 am

Wow I ended up buying a lot… mostly things that I've been waiting to go on MD! So happy!

3. October 22, 2016 / 2:28 am

Thanks for the heads up! I ended buying the Teeny Tooth WUP hi-rise. I wanted them in the HT but these can be hemmed I guess. Also bought the Grevy Energy bra *peek which is one of my favourite bras.

October 22, 2016 / 2:42 am

You'll LOVE the Teeny tooth! I thought about getting a pair of WUPs but I just pulled out last year's stuff and I definitely don't need anything.

5. October 22, 2016 / 2:55 am

Teeny tooth or maze jacquard??? Thoughts?

October 22, 2016 / 3:40 am

I have both. Teeny tooth is such a lounge wear pattern, and maze I use to workout. Love them!

6. October 22, 2016 / 2:59 am

Got the Moonlit Magenta swiftly tank. I was planning to get that anyway so thanks for the heads up!

7. October 22, 2016 / 3:21 am

I got some CRBs last week. I know recently lulu has stopped shipping shoppers with online orders which was fine with me, but yesterday my tanks weren't even in the plastic bags- just two tanks thrown in the mailing bag. I was a bit put off by that!

• October 22, 2016 / 6:59 am

My stuff has been coming like that lately? I'm thinking there shipping from stores instead of the Wearhouse. I've received items with the price on the price tag that was never on them before when ordering online!

October 22, 2016 / 3:26 am

Bought the maze wuc so now I can return the ones I have…and with the 40 I bought moonlit magenta crb which I had just bought too…lol now I think I'm going to wait for markdowns rather than buying right away…they sit in the bag for a month anyway before I wear it

9. October 22, 2016 / 3:37 am

I JUST bought the moonlight magenta FTB bra and CRB II (finally cracked to get that colour), and now it's on Wmtm… ugh. But, I am happy thought that that shocking blue spray jacquard HT (just uploaded this week) are on WMTM though because I was looking at them. At $59, that's good for me!

October 22, 2016 / 4:06 am

I'm miffed that I didn't wait it out longer for the Moonlit Magenta Swiftly LS and CRBII… was in love with the colour so went ahead and purchased the day they uploaded despite the high prices… going to start waiting it out from now on, there is really nothing I actually need anyway.

October 22, 2016 / 4:20 am

In a way I feel like we're being "tricked" into thinking we're getting a great deal when things go to WMTM now since they raised all the prices to ridiculous heights. Now when they go to WMTM they are closer to what the actual regular price should be rather than a great deal/or more like a sale price should be. (although there have been some better prices there last couple of WMTM uploads). And to top it all off we aren't able to return items purchased from WMTM, so if we wait until something goes there to purchase it for a more reasonable price and it doesn't work for us then we are out whatever we payed so not much of a deal in any way then.

October 22, 2016 / 5:27 am

I ordered the Emperor Blue Define for $99 and the Red Spray Jacquard TaTaTamer for $49. I've been lusting after the Emperor Blue Define for a while now so was happy to see it on WMTM for a fair price (instead of a ridiculous $128). TaTaTamers are an everyday staple item for me so won't pass up the chance to get one for $49 in my size which normally sells out quickly and doesn't usually make it to WMTM.

Honestly think the crazy price hikes have overpriced everything and people know it's overpriced are being smart and not buying like they used to. imo Lululemon made a huge mistake when they decided to get super greedy with their price hikes this time, I believe last year when the prices went up (ie the Defines went up to $118 last year) that people stopped buying the same then (a lot of them went to WMTM after that and Defines hardly ever went to WMTM before that) so I'm surprised they got as greedy as they have this time (and this time they went all out and raised the prices on pretty much everything,including the stuff that went up in price last year!). I think their sheer greediness is backfiring on them!

October 22, 2016 / 7:01 am

Do you foresee there being a takeover or a move to another country?

October 22, 2016 / 11:41 am

Agree…they are overstocked…due to pricing imo…and now they are trying to generate sales. ..yes some are great deals and some are at old "regular" prices. Let's see if they fly off shelves or if they do another round of markdowns

October 22, 2016 / 4:10 pm

You're right, they do eventually get marked down further if they sit for a bit… I have a feeling the Defines may sit for a bit at $99 (now thinking this after I jumped the gun and went ahead and ordered when I saw it! I need to work on more patience for this, especially since there is nothing that I actually really need!) The Fireside Red one went down to $79 not long after it first went to WMTM for $99, maybe only a week later. Same with some of the Swiftlies, they got marked down further after sitting for a bit – I pulled the trigger too fast on these too and missed out on a better deal šŸ™

15. October 22, 2016 / 1:26 pm

You know, a month ago all of the comments here were complaining that US/Canada had more in WMTM, and everyone wanted more selection.
    Now, there is tons of selection and everyone is looking for the next thing to complain about

Geez ladies, if you really hate LLL so much, stop shopping there, stop following the brand, stop talking about it!

October 23, 2016 / 8:14 pm

As an active participant of this blog, I feel a month ago, we were 'complaining' that no items on WMTM was actually worth the price because of the not so pretty print or color or the style was a dud. Part of the beauty of an honest blog like Lulumum's is we can share our thoughts. There are always going to be complaints but I don't see why we have to stop talking about how we honestly feel.

October 22, 2016 / 2:13 pm

I 100% agree. I know the brand has problems right now, I'm not going to deny that (quality, pricing, design). However, the negativity/complaining/conspiracy theories on this blog is just so over the top now. I've always loved this blog, but right now, I'm coming here less and less. If someone dares to say that the pants (dottie tribe, florence) aren't sheer on them, they are jumped on and accused of being a LL plant. I mean come on, it's clear from many reports that the pants are working for some and not others…no need to hate on someone that the pants work for.

As for all the sales, I'm sure LL's quarter is suffering and they're trying to save the quarter. It doesn't mean they're setting up for a takeover, it just means they need to hit a certain range in sales and they'll pull all the stops out to do it. I agree they made an error in increasing their prices so dramatically, getting rid of beloved classics and some fugly designs and now they're left scrambling. I hope this helps them understand that they made mistakes and helps them find their way back to beautiful designs and fabrics.

October 22, 2016 / 4:23 pm

Nicely said, Anon @ 7:13 a.m.

Also wrt the big selection on WMTM, they didn't have an online warehouse sale this past summer as they did in 2015. I think this is basically that sale, but with far smaller markdowns. All clothing companies need to clear out the old stuff from time to time.

October 22, 2016 / 4:42 pm

Last week they also uploaded a new Swiftly SS color to WMTM the same week it was new. Frankly, I think it was a mistake. Like, the web team screwed up. Of course, I could be wrong, but their ecommerce people have a history of errors, so I tend to think that these things are not intentional. Maybe some new hire was supposed to update the database to flag something as "What's New" but accidentally tagged it for WMTM. Totally a guess on my part, but it is possible, given the history of the web team.

October 22, 2016 / 5:14 pm

It seems unfair to classify this blog as negative. Right now, things are not good in the Land of Lulu. There are articles from this past week about Lululemon threatening to leave Canada. Something bad is happening with design. The price increases are over the top, especially since they are charging their own countrymen more than foreign markets. Something weird is happening with inventory, there's massive amounts of it. So yes, there's room to speculate on what's happening and I'm glad this blog is a place to discuss it. There's plenty of blogs out there that only post pictures of themselves hiking while wearing workout clothes, offer no real honesty about the clothes because they were gifted to them, write post after post about their workouts, how great they are, etc. and I honestly don't want to read that. Don't get me wrong, I do love the store pics and try on reports. But I'm also glad to have an honest discussion about what's going on. I'd rather hear varying opinions, good and bad about an item before I purchase. Lululemon is no longer reliable in that area, since something suspicious has started happening with their product reviews. I think it's given some of us trust issues with this company. I love Lululemon, and I have fears about where this brand is going and if it's going to go away. I find some comfort that others have the same worry.

And on that note, I just received an email from my local outlet, letting me know they are having ANOTHER big sale party TODAY. This is on the heels of the huge one they had about two weeks ago. So this confirms to me something is definitely up with this company. Hopefully, it's something simple, like they need to clear out massive inventory for the Winter product. I'm keeping my fingers crossed there are some lovely things coming out way!

October 22, 2016 / 6:12 pm

Well said, anon 10:14AM! I'm thinking and feeling the same.

October 22, 2016 / 6:48 pm

@anon 10:14 Why the shade thrown at other bloggers? Seems unnecessary and petty.

October 22, 2016 / 10:59 pm

@anon 10:14 I agree with you whole heartedly and think you've said it very well. (:

• Lulumum
      October 22, 2016 / 4:04 pm

It has been a negative quarter and I'm sorry that it's coming across as over the top. I try to provide context in my posts as I have some insight into what's going on behind the scenes, many insights I don't post about. I find it boring to not post context and simply post pictures, and I really enjoy the conversation and reader participation.
      As far as accusations of plants I think that stems from the comments seeming to be heavily invested in what the tone of my blog is, or wether I'm completely wrong or off base in reporting that a pair of pants where sheer on me. Long time readers know that there have been really bad quarters in the past, and the tone of the posts here change according to what is going on with the company.

For what it's worth, a store posted today that they are having big markdowns this weekend to make room for a big Winter drop.

• Lulumum
      October 22, 2016 / 4:34 pm

That is true. I do believe this is a way to do a warehouse sale without advertising that they are clearing inventory. Although I am surprised to see items in this last upload that where uploaded brand new 3 days ago. Typically warehouse sale is for items out of season. You would normally see these items marked down in February just as the spring product is coming into stores.

October 23, 2016 / 12:34 am

You don't have to visit those other blogs you know. Why put them down? I like LLA and LLM for Lulu stuff but I also like reading about workouts and other brands. There's room for all the bloggers.

October 23, 2016 / 1:49 am

agreed anon 10:14!

October 23, 2016 / 2:25 am

At anon 7:13 I agree 100%

October 23, 2016 / 2:40 pm

@ Anon 11:48 AM. I don't think there was any shade being thrown. She was just stating that's not what she's looking for in a blog.

October 22, 2016 / 2:21 pm

I agree that price hikes have hurt their sales but I think it's a combination of many factors hurting their sales right now. Raising the prices on staple products such as Swiftlies, Defines and Shorts were items many people didn't stop and think twice about before purchasing in a new colour or print because they were decently priced. Raising the prices really put the brakes on those impulse purchases. Another factor hurting their sales are the strange pairings of fabric & styes like the spacer fabric used in boxy styles and the All Time line using French Terry not appropriate for the style. Who wants a french terry sleeveless or short sleeve top at this time of year. They may be more appropriate in some regions at this time of year but for most winter regions this line does not make sense. Add in other factors such as moving away from uniquely recognizable LLL designs, using cheaper fabrics combined with cheaper to make designs (lack of detail), poorly redesigned website and the discontinuation of classics and/or redesigned versions, have all piled up into one big cluster****.

I think 2016 is proving to be a year of too many mistakes and blunders and one that they probably can't wait to get behind them. What they have in store for 2017 could be pivotal in how they plan on retaining what loyal following they have left and what attempts they will make to bring back the ones who have moved away from the brand. If they continue down the road of distancing themselves from what made LLL so great I believe it will be their downfall. My hope for the future of LLL is that they embrace not replace what made LLL so great. Their 20 year anniversary is coming up in 2018 and wouldn't it be great if they celebrated it by bringing back 20 designs from years past? How much fun would that be for us and for their sales numbers?

October 22, 2016 / 3:33 pm

Completely agree with you! Very well said anon 7:21!

October 22, 2016 / 4:35 pm

Amen! You summed it up extremely well, Anon @ 7:21. We can only hope that the people running the company have your insight!

My only quibble with your critique would be on the odd, boxy cuts and spacer fabric. They used to make mistakes like that all the time with the &Go pieces. They're definitely stupid moves, but they are, unfortunately, not new stupid moves for the brand.

October 22, 2016 / 5:08 pm

Anon 7:21a.m. here. I agree Anon 9:35a.m. and LLM that the boxy cropped styles have been done before and it sure hasn't helped this Fall season sales repeating a style not very popular in a fabric not flattering at all. Just another poor decision on top of so many, a domino affect.

• Lulumum
      October 22, 2016 / 4:38 pm

This is true. Spring 2013 had a lot of really odd cropped boxy cotton items, and they didn't sell well so they ended up at the warehouse sales.

October 23, 2016 / 1:50 am

so true!

October 23, 2016 / 2:12 am

I bought City bound hoodie and love it. It's such a versatile jacket. I like the fabric a lot, it's not going to pill like Luon. I disagree that every Jacket has to be fitted. I think it's boring. I like variety and City bound hoodie fits the bill perfectly

October 22, 2016 / 4:30 pm

It's funny, the price hikes seemed to have cured my addiction! That extra 10$ on shorts & tops was enough to stop my impulse buying. It's crazy!

October 22, 2016 / 4:38 pm

Just shows how wise former management was. They figured out the ceiling for impulse buys. I'm definitely with you as far as thinking twice about whether I actually *need* another piece of exercise clothing. I already have a closet full, and when buying becomes stressful instead of joyful, I'm out.

October 23, 2016 / 12:31 am

Same! I hesitate a lot more before hitting the order button. It's probably a good thing; I don't really need more workout clothes.

October 25, 2016 / 4:37 am

Yep, it is sure curbing my addiction too. The last series of price hikes forced me to stop and pause and often leave items dt price. I still keep an eye on wmtm and am satisfied with catching an item or two on there. Would take something really special for me to pay full price. Like many other addicts out there, my closet is over full with lulu. Ps. For a cheap alternative Costco has fleece lined Mondetta tights, similar to the toasty tech tights: on sale for $16.99! Don't have to worry about wearing and ruining them :). They had some fun space dye colors and the tiniest reflective ruffle near the ankle.

October 22, 2016 / 5:04 pm

Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not the Groove Pants are being discontinued? There have all been on WMTM for a while now with no new colours except for the Dark Magenta ones and they went straight to WMTM. I really hope they aren't discontinuing them for good, really dislike the new waistbands but NO Grooves at all would be worse imo. I'm hoping that this maybe means they are bringing the original Grooves back again but that's probably wishful thinking. Also would really love for the original Skinny Grooves to come back again too.

October 22, 2016 / 6:18 pm

Thanks for replying that you heard they were going to 'online only', Lulumum. I think it's safe to say they are being discontinued (death march towards extinction is a perfect way to put it)… (big sad sigh here)

• Lulumum
      October 22, 2016 / 5:06 pm

I had specifically heard the Groove Pants listed in the 'online only' which seems to be the death march towards extinction. The CRB, Power Y, Flow Y, Groove Pants where all going to 'online only'.

October 22, 2016 / 5:25 pm

Funny, I just left a comment on Luluaddict's website – you and I are saying the exact same thing about the markdowns. But I think what we are saying is common sense. It is no consolation to LLL's customers who bought at full price.

October 22, 2016 / 6:28 pm

Sorry if this is a dumb question, Lulumum, but here goes, why can't they go back to more reasonable prices once they've raised them? Is this simply because of stubbornness and ego or is there a legitimate reason? It really doesn't seem like it should be difficult to lower them back down unless there is something I'm not aware of in the way businesses work. (I apologize for my ignorance on the matter)

October 22, 2016 / 6:55 pm

For all the negativity about Lulu…I still see a TON of lulu when I work out. People still like the brand!

October 23, 2016 / 12:30 am

Same. I see barely anything other than Lulu at my gym.

October 23, 2016 / 2:06 am

I think I'm the only luluaddict at my gym lol There are few more girls that wear like one item , usually pants, but hardly anybody clad in lulu . I used to see more people wearing lulu in the past. I wonder if that's because there weren't that many choices 5-6 years ago when I got serious about working out. Nike, UA & lulu. But now it's a different story . Almost every brand makes workout clothes

October 24, 2016 / 4:47 am

same here anon 7:06! In my yoga classes or at the gym I feel like I'm the only addict always dressed head to toe in lulu. I only ever see others in the occasional item here and there. Honestly feel like a weirdo sometimes lol.

23. October 22, 2016 / 6:59 pm

For me, although the price increases are pretty crazy…I think I've just reached a natural saturation point with my workout clothes. I've been really into Lulu for the past few years and there is only so much you can buy. I still follow the brand in case there is something that really catches my eye but otherwise I'm happy with my current haul. I imagine that's the case for quite a few people that bought during the crazy "limited quantitiy" days of lulu where you had to stay up until midnight to catch the upload! Lol

October 23, 2016 / 2:17 am

I am right here with you. I pulled out my winter clothes and I really do have all I want. A lot of the stuff is more than a few years old but it has held up beautifully. Something has to be really amazing now for me to buy. Time to start saving for that vacation. šŸ™‚

October 22, 2016 / 7:23 pm

I really want the soulful bra & crop but it hasn't hit WMTM yet šŸ™

October 22, 2016 / 8:39 pm

The price hikes, combined with the new website and over saturation of products, cured my addiction. I recently ordered a pair of tights, first order in months, and I returned because I liked them but not enough to pay $130.

October 22, 2016 / 11:39 pm

I bought the black white maze WUP in store today. $59?? Sure!

October 23, 2016 / 7:28 am

Can anyone comment on the sizing of the Speed IVs with respect to the Speed Vs? I'm thinking of taking the plunge in the checkered bloom multis (don't love the pattern, but love the pockets and lack of mesh). I had to size up for brushed speeds, and reviews are all over for quality and sizing in different fabrics. Thanks!

October 23, 2016 / 11:55 pm

Speed tights? I found my tts to be just fine in the past iterations of the speed tights. I have the IV's with the side ruffles on the bottom of the leg. Same with the earlier versions. Took my tts. Any bigger and you lose compression and they fall down IMO. But I didn't size up in the brushed ones either. Not sure if that helps at all.

October 24, 2016 / 1:40 pm

I have the checkered bloom speed tights, they are the same size as all of my other iterations of speed tights and fit perfectly. I wasn't crazy about the pattern either but it is actually pretty cute on. Looks good with black, gray, or coral colors.

October 23, 2016 / 3:20 pm

Has anyone tried the inspire tight II mesh? I love the warp red black and $59 isn't a bad price, but the reviews are awful.

October 23, 2016 / 4:50 pm

$59.00 is a lot of money for something that will sit in your closet šŸ˜‰

October 24, 2016 / 4:55 am

totally agree with you anon 9:50 AM! I think sometimes when things go on sale people tend to buy things they wouldn't otherwise buy… I guess sometimes it can work out though. Personally I feel like if it's something that I wouldn't have bought for full price then it's probably not worth it even on sale. I just like to think of a markdown or sale as a nice bonus on something I would have purchased anyway.