As I mentioned in the upload post and throughout the week, some Lululemon stores (most, but not Vancouver area ones) are having these Fall Fit Events either some evening this week, or for a brunch. My scoops are informing me that snacks and beverages are being provided and so far the first reports coming in for the earlier Fall Fit Events is that guests are getting a $25 gift card plus 15% off shopping during the event. Waaaaah! My feelings are hurt that Vancouverites (Canadians even?) got left out.  Lululemon must be pretty motivated to pump up sales for this quarter. As far as the preview for the ‘exciting new fall stuff’ thats been hyped up, the items being previewed are the down items that uploaded last week and the new herringbone print speed shorts.

If you go to one of these events, I’d love it if you could share your scoop here in the comments, or email me pictures if you saw some exciting products.

Outlets are having parties too!

September 21, 2016 / 4:11 am

Sorry to be a downer, and not that I wouldn't appreciate a $25 gift card and a 15% discount, because of course I certainly would… but honestly, considering Lululemon's prices, and that they never really have any sales (other than WMTM and even then the prices there are a joke) or any kinds of discounts or rewards for frequent/loyal customers, not even a birthday month discount, nothing… Like you say, Lulumum, they really must be pretty motivated to pump up sales for this quarter. Personally I'm not interested in attending these kinds of events but I'm curious to hear all about it from those who do.

September 21, 2016 / 10:04 am

How do people get an invite?
    I have heard nothing from my local store.

3. September 21, 2016 / 11:34 am

I got an invite from my local store, but couldn't go due to my son's baseball game. Oh well. Yes, a gift card and discount would've been nice, but my store had theirs on a weeknight. I think that was a hard time for a lot of people.

September 21, 2016 / 12:49 pm

Funny, I frequently go to my local Lululemon stores and shop religiously there (yes, I have a Lulu addiction) and did not get an e-vite from any. Wasn't posted on facebook, I then wound up there b/c word-of-mouth…appreciated a wonderful party with food . 15% off. No gift card was given out. No video preview. I am unsure how the e-vites get generated. I did sign up for e-mails. So now I am wondering, how are invitees selected? Is it computer-generated by profile?

September 21, 2016 / 12:53 pm

Addendum to the above: To clarify: I have signed up for individual store e-mails & product notifications.

September 21, 2016 / 1:28 pm

We had the discount, but no gift cards and no video. Always happy for a discount though so it was a win for me.

September 21, 2016 / 1:34 pm

very interesting that LULU is starting to give "discounts", never would I have thought this to be their path…

September 21, 2016 / 2:19 pm

I really think it's for their own benefit, to be honest. They want to boost their sales for this quarter. What better way to motivate people to spend than to give a discount. Like I mentioned previously, not that I wouldn't appreciate a 15% discount, because I definitely would, but it really isn't a big deal of a discount considering Lululemon's prices (priced way higher than the stuff is actually worth). I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase something just because I got a 15% discount though… would have to have really wanted it even without the discount…and there isn't much these days that I would want… still love Swiftly tops though, but even with the discount that only makes them the same price as the regular price was a couple of months ago… hmm, maybe not much of a deal after all…

September 21, 2016 / 3:37 pm

agree, I will totally not object to a discount. it's just a slipeery slope. I know that personally, since I've been "victim" (I know, first world problems) to purchasing an item at full price only to have it hit WMTM the next week a few times. Since then, I NEVER purchase anything at lulu full price. I know many in my circle of friends who take the same action. You really risk boxing in your client to a "learned bahaviour" of waiting for sales etc. Same thing with old navy, gap, banana etc… who even purchases at full price these days. then the constant "sale" devalues the brand (imo)

8. September 21, 2016 / 2:11 pm

The Gilroy, CA outlet said the sale should be good as the Black Friday sale. I will be going and will let you know how it is Lulumum.

9. September 21, 2016 / 2:35 pm

one local store had the event this morning. 15% off, no gift cards, dry bar offering free services, breakfast nibbles. i stopped by before work. some of the things they were touting as new, I had seen before either online or in store. the educators were super excited about everything though and the new displays were nice. i bought a pair of the new wander pants because i am obsessed with black knit legging pants. leggings are pants and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! lol.

September 21, 2016 / 2:40 pm

I honestly couldn't care less. A 15% discount on overpriced, poorly made items that brings them back closer to their original price isn't exactly enticing, and I don't particularly enjoy the in-store experience to begin with.

• September 21, 2016 / 9:43 pm

Exactly!! I was iny store today and the same ss SWIFTLY that were 58 last month were detached to 68, then put on clearance with a purple sticker for (wait for it) 59!!!! If people are buying at these inflated prices they are stupid, and lulu views us a stupid if we accept this . They wanna give 15%discount after they jacked the prices up 28ā„…?? Where is the customer appreciation? Especially longtime lulu lovers?

September 21, 2016 / 10:09 pm

Totally agree with both of you! Well said! Sadly, it seems like there are still people out there willing to let themselves be suckered even though it is clear they are being suckered.

September 21, 2016 / 3:38 pm

I'm not sure if this is the same thing but I attended a lululemon preview event in NYC last week at one of the director's private penthouse. It was quite nice to be able to network with other folks, but the actual merchandise that was presented was so-so, lululemon just doesnt look so high-end anymore šŸ™

September 21, 2016 / 3:57 pm

I called 3 stores in the Toronto area, and no one had heard of this event. For those of you who have attended or will attend this Fall Fit Event, can you please let us know which cities you are in? Thanks!

13. September 21, 2016 / 4:05 pm

I got invited via email to my local store event (Columbus, OH):
    lululemon Easton wants to cordially invite you to a special morning shopping experience at our store this Wednesday, Sept. 21st, from 8am-10am to get the first look at our new fall gear. The first 25 people here will get a special goodie bag curated by us and you'll have to show up to see what other surprises we have up our sleeves….."

I was happy to be invited because I do 90% of my shopping online.

I showed up the earliest I could, which was 8:30am. They had mimosas, coffee and breakfast bites of some type (only had the mimosa which I thought was great šŸ˜‰ ). There were quite a few people there already which I was a little bummed about because the only reason I came was for the goodie bag, which several of them had. Back in the dressing room area I saw several bags made up with names already on them. I had figured they were for people with good relationships with the educators, which I don't due to the aforementioned online shopping. I was super happy when I came out of the dressing room and there was one hanging on my door!
    There was a 15% discount as well but I did not find that out until after I had already checked out. I wish I would have known beforehand as I definitely would have bought more.
    I thought the displays were cute but nothing I hadn't already seen online jumped out at me.
    Oh and the "goodie bag" contained a small towel in alpine splatter and a small candle from Anthropology.
    I actually really appreciated being invited and thought the event was nice. I would gladly go again.

14. pk_seattle
    September 21, 2016 / 4:23 pm

I got invited to an event here in Seattle that's happening tomorrow. I work across the street from the store and pop in every couple weeks (though I don't spend all that much there these days), so I've become friends with some of the people who work there. I'm also on their product-notification email list. I wasn't planning to go, since the event is from 8:30-10 p.m. (no mention of early-bird goody bags), but the discount and mention of the gift card — though it seems the latter is unsubstantiated — were enough to get me to RSVP just now!

Here's the text of the invite:

"Craftsmanship is a huge part of our DNA and weā€™re constantly evolving to create technical gear that youā€™ll love. You've been hand selected to enjoy bites, bubbles + first dibs on our newest and hottest Fall product before it hits the floor.

Join us in celebrating what makes our product so special. Oh, and what would a lululemon event be without a few surprises up our sleeves?

RSVP to reserve your spot. We look forward to celebrating with you!"

September 21, 2016 / 5:06 pm

"Craftsmanship is a huge part of our DNA." Since when? Certainly not recently.

September 21, 2016 / 7:07 pm

fixed it for ya: 'Craftsmanship WAS a huge part of our DNA'

September 22, 2016 / 12:17 am

"craftsmanship" lol, as if!

15. September 21, 2016 / 4:34 pm

I'm going to the one in NYC this Friday. I'll be reporting back for sure. I'm pretty excited if it's true that we get a gift card and discount.

September 21, 2016 / 5:02 pm

Off topic: just read on another board that they are discontinuing Power Y's and Flow Y's (or online only) hope this is not true

September 21, 2016 / 5:05 pm

Oh, come on! Why don't they just scrap the whole thing and start over? Clearly zero interest in maintaining their existing customer base.

September 22, 2016 / 12:29 am

Sounds as if they are right on track to eliminate and obliterate anything that Chip and Shannon Wilson had a mark on (previously predicted). Anything that made the brand what it was–whether that be quality, thoughtful details, practical features, and key, core items–is gone. The Lululemon brand is for identity only, using it to peddle their wares for crap, overpriced product.

September 22, 2016 / 12:46 am

Maybe the company has been made to redesign every aspect of the company for legal reasons. Perhaps part of the Wilsons buyout or contract?

17. September 21, 2016 / 7:33 pm

This is just a ploy to get people in the door. I was excited that there might be some cool new product dropping this week but after yesterday's upload it's obvious there's nothing new and they're scrambling for revenue. They're predicting a slow fourth quarter (a little strange when you consider the strength of the current economy) and their stock was recently downgraded. They're blaming it on 'increased expenses' for new technology but isn't why they just raised the prices? They need to innovate, that is what will get people in the door.

18. September 21, 2016 / 10:39 pm

I got an invite but didn't RSVP… I'm not very interested in helping them boost their numbers after everything they've pulled over the past year or so. My free time is worth more than a $25 gift card and a measly 15% off of already over inflated prices on so-so merchandise. If this was last year or even the year before, I might consider attending but, not this year.

September 22, 2016 / 12:20 am

Agree with you 4vrfit. Maybe a couple of years ago. Not now. This is too little, too late. In particular because the product offerings are lacklustre or outright suck, and the inflated prices to go with, are laughable.

September 22, 2016 / 12:47 am

Agreed.

• September 22, 2016 / 1:55 pm

If this were back in the days of the Back on Track skirts or prints like UT, with $52 being standard pricing for skirts and speed shorts (the good fitting ones), I would jump on the invite and happily attend… unfortunately, those days are long gone. I miss the lulu that I fell in love with. I think we might be growing apart. (Good news for the bank account though)

September 21, 2016 / 11:32 pm

I'm going. I can always use the basics

September 22, 2016 / 3:06 am

I also got an invite for this Sunday night. From the store I almost never go ! Planning to attend

September 22, 2016 / 3:40 pm

I went to one this morning. It was poorly attended, but some of the blame for that goes to scheduling it at 8:00 a.m. on a weekday. Pretty much everyone is on their way to work or getting a kid to school at that hour, so the pool of people who are available is low, but it was still a bit of a surprise compared with very well attended Boxing Day or Black Friday events in the past.

The new items were not really a surprise for anyone committed enough to the brand to read this blog, but it was nice to see the men's stuff, which I usually don't pay attention to. I had been hoping there might be a few surprise items, like a batch of Rush Hour jackets, but no.

I appreciated the discount and the staff were awesome. I've moved recently, so none of them knew me at all, but they were super friendly and it helped reduce some of the frustration with the company I've been feeling lately. Even if the clothes aren't what they used to be, it's great to have staff who keep the old Lulu inclusive and friendly vibe going.

I got the white DFAR vest, which I've been coveting since last year, and some blue Aligns and am extremely happy. I wish I'd seen more new items that I wanted, but honestly, it wouldn't be a bad thing if my Lulu shopping habit got curtailed for a few more months. God knows I have more workout wear than anyone needs.

Overall, I'm very glad I went.

September 22, 2016 / 8:14 pm

hmm that's a bummer they didn't have much new stuff. I'm glad you had a positive experience though. I'm going tomorrow morning in NYC. I wonder what the new inventory will be like.

22. September 22, 2016 / 5:07 pm

Has anyone heard news about what the outlets are doing? I want to check out the Burlington one since it's the closest and more likely to have older better product. Just undecided if it's worth the drive!

September 22, 2016 / 7:28 pm

@karen I just got off the phone with the Niagara Falls outlet and they are having a massive sale this weekend. He compared it to a Black Friday or Boxing Day event. I am going on Sat to check it out. You might want to call yours to see if they are doing anything…

September 23, 2016 / 3:11 pm

HUGE disappointment the FALL PREVIEW. Same stuff and nothing new. really sucked. this is in a NYC store. No $25 gift card or gift bag. I got black define jacket with the 15% off.

September 23, 2016 / 4:43 pm

I'm wondering how far in advance these were planned. They seem to be well coordinated as far as participation, but they only had two very short videos to show us (total of 1 minute), and then no product that hadn't been in the uploads. I'm thinking someone had the idea of have these events, but didn't plan far enough in advance to have some product held back from the uploads. Then the poor store staff are left saying, "Uh, well, here's what we have for Fall… Pretty much look around the store, and that's what we have." Awkward. I really felt bad for the staff. They feel like idiots, but it's the people in Vancouver who didn't plan well.

• September 23, 2016 / 6:19 pm

I was there in the Flatiron NYC event and was disappointed that there was really nothing new… I was hoping the florence Wunder Speed Tights would be there but nope. I have a more detailed review up on my blog if anyone is interested.

September 23, 2016 / 7:28 pm

i got the invite about 2 weeks ago. LITERALLY NOTHING NEW AND INTERESTING. I asked the staff what's new…. When they showed me their new things, I told them they're not new šŸ™ Everything is on the website. I kinda felt bad for them also. Why would you have an event like this if you don't have anything interesting or new like Dottie Tribe Speed Wunder tight? Their MD's were also a joke and I still wasn't interested in buying them even with 15% off.