A local youtuber I follow who loves Nordstrom as much as I do posted some of the new Kate Spade Beyond Yoga pieces. I’d been eyeing the Kate Spade pieces on the Kate Spade and Nordstrom websites and really wanted to check it out but I had no idea Nordstrom Vancouver was carrying the line so as soon as I saw that it was there I had to race down and check it out as well as all the other goodies I rarely get to see. I’ll be doing another Nordstrom blog post when the Yearly Sale comes around next month so stay tuned for that if you like Nordstrom posts.

Alo High Rise Leggings size L,  Alo Lotus Bra Tank size L

I fell in love with these ‘glossy black’ high rise leggings. They have this weird semi matte semi glossy texture that looks like rich napa leather, and they are very compressive and smoothing at the same time. Of all of the items I tried on today I almost came home with these, and still may go back at some point. I really wanted the crop version but they only had a large in the pant version. Honestly, these would be more ‘dressy’ leggings to wear with an oversized sweater and nice boots vs. workout leggings but I’m sure they would perform well as workout pants too. They are TTS and compressive but very comfortable and breathable.

The Alo Lotus Bra was very pretty in this color but if you have a long torso this tank is short. It is very fitted around the middle as well for such a sheer luxtreme like material so I didn’t love this on me. It’s a snug TTS and goes is sized small, medium and large.

Alo Ella Tank size L

**On sale at The Bay for $47! >> Ella Tank

I really liked this Ella Tank which is mesh panelled and loose fitting and TTS. For such a loose fitting tank I still found it feminine and not too long in the arm holes. Unfortunately I didn’t love the price of this tank at $82 CAD. Had it been around the $50 mark I would have gotten it.

Alo Moto Leggings size L

I’ve tried these pants on before in black and loved them but wanted to try them on again in the grey to see if they were smoothing or showed lumps and bumps. I was impressed that the pants where very smoothing and didn’t show any imperfections but my problem with these is still the moto detailing doesn’t work with my proportions. They seem to emphasize my long thighs and short calves. These  pants need adjusting to have the panels lay in the correct place and equally on both sides. I need a petite version of these pants for my short proportioned legs.

Kate Spade New York & Beyond Yoga Triple Bow Camisole size L

This Kate Spade tank was so adorable. I was very tempted by it but it was $110 which is just insane. The material is very soft stretchy luxtreme like but it’s much stretchier and softer. Because of it’s strechyness you larger busted ladies will probably not get much support in the built in bra. As you can see in the straps, they are digging in quite a bit. This is probably more so because my traps have gotten really bulky with Olympic lifting but still, I can see this being a problem with larger busted ladies requiring more bra support.

Kate Spade New York & Beyond Yoga Triple Bow Legging

I wanted to try these on so bad but they didn’t come in a large. I suspect they would have been sheer though.

Kate Spade New York & Beyond Yoga Framed Capri size L

These crops where incredibly soft. They felt so much like soft cotton flannel that I just had to look up the material composition online to make sure they weren’t actually cotton. They are supplex (aka luon) nylon lycra and spandex and felt like really thick RULU, but somehow in such a light material they weren’t showing much dimpling. The downfall of these crops was that they are very low rise, and also felt a bit wider in the waist so these would constantly roll down on me.

You can see how low rise they are here and that they are creeping down on me.

Ted Baker London Monrose Capris size L

The Ted Baker London line was intriguing. The line is made in Portugal and it’s really substantial polyester material woven with silver. I like that the crops are black panelled in the back and a fun print in the front. I really liked the print a lot but didn’t find it all that flattering in bottoms on me, although I think they put thought into the layout of the pattern. I really, really hated the waist construction and especially the waistband. It just seemed really old fashioned and unflattering.

see the waist band.

Ted Baker London Monrose Racerback size L

This tank was really pretty on and I’d be tempted except I think the substantial polyester material also makes it really hot. I think I’d wear this in the winter for Crossfit but definitely not in the summer. Also, it was $125 CAD which is just outrageous to me for a tank top.

Beyond Yoga Sunday Tank size L

I felt so uncomfortable with the neckline of this tank. Looking at photos it’s actually quite a flattering tank top but I felt very exposed in it. The material was really soft though and the fit was nice without making me feel strangled or squeezed. Way too sexy for me for the gym though.

Lorna Jane City Life LS size M

This top was really cute and soft but it didn’t come in an L for me to try on. I really loved the neckline and the mesh and the fact that the length is butt covering. I may have purchased this one if it came in a large and also if it came in black or white. I looked online for it and can’t find it or any other Lorna Jane item on the Nordstrom website. I really hope Nordstrom will still carry Lorna Jane because I just love their bras. Ever since buying my Lorna Jane bras last year I have been wearing them exclusively. Maybe I will resort to eBay for my Lorna Jane Bra shopping since LJ has upped shipping costs to Canada to some insane amount of money.

1. June 18, 2016 / 2:14 am

Thank you for your review! I have moved away from Lululemon in the last couple of years [due to quality issues-and I was a huge Lululemon fan, back in the day]. So your assessment is very interesting to me. [BTW, I loved the black tank best on you, of all the things you tried on. Also loved the black Alo pants on you.. I didn't think the scrappy black top looked overly sexy, I thought it looked modern and flattering on you!] šŸ™‚ At the Barre studio where I work out they have some Karma clothing that looks really pretty-I am planning to buy some Karma pieces.

• Lulumum
      June 18, 2016 / 8:24 pm

Karma is actually a really great Vancouver brand which I believe was started by an ex lululemon designer from the really great Lululemon era. Very feminine styling and studio oriented. Karma has been around a long time but they are finally getting back to Brick and Mortar stores. They had a store in West Vancouver years ago (2010ish) and closed it down and then only had their clothing in studios. Now they are opening pop up stores around town and I believe they have an online retail shop as well. Next time I'm around one of their pop up shops I will do a fit review.

June 18, 2016 / 4:59 am

I'm looking for a size 4 sweaty or not jacket (mesh jacket from last summer) in purple or white. I'm in Canada but open to shipping from the states if I must. Thanks!

June 18, 2016 / 5:12 am

I also liked the Alo stuff best on you. The Kate spade and Ted Baker stuff I can't really take seriously because of the material, tho the Ted stuff has pretty patterns Thanks for the review.

June 18, 2016 / 7:13 am

The Alo pieces stand out by a mile.

• Lulumum
      June 18, 2016 / 8:21 pm

Yes I keep feeling impressed by Alo each time I try it on. Love the tops and pullovers as well as the bottoms. Price is a big deterrent for me though.

5. Pound
    June 18, 2016 / 5:37 pm

I tried the Alo yoga lean legging for fun and was surprised by their gorgeous fit. I am a lulu 4 and tried a small which was a touch big. These crops were thick and soft and I didn't mind the mesh. They have a long rectangular gusset rather than the (hateful) triangle. The cost made me pause and I didn't buy them but they were lovely.

• Lulumum
      June 18, 2016 / 8:24 pm

lol, the hateful triangle. So real.

June 18, 2016 / 7:05 pm

Looking great Lulumum! The Ted Baker floral pattern and colour is super pretty, not sure about the solid black back panels, would prefer all around pattern, and too bad the waistband isn't more like Lulu's Wunder Under waistbands or something like that. The blue crops are cute too, but I wouldn't like them on me because of the low waistband. You always look so good in everything you try on! Thanks for sharing, it's a refreshing change from all the Lulu.

• Lulumum
      June 18, 2016 / 8:21 pm

Thanks! Yes I really like the print but I just didn't like it in the clothing. As I was leaving I saw a gym bag in the print (possibly a backpack?) and that appealed to me. The waistband was truly terrible.

The blue crops where cute but I wouldn't have considered them in that color. Maybe a black with white stripe/bow or navy with black but not such a light and bright color. and the waistband was a no go for me.

Thanks! I look for the really good fitting room lighting. šŸ˜‰

June 19, 2016 / 2:33 am

I believe thebay.com has the alo tank on half price with the extra 20 off this weekend….

• Lulumum
      June 19, 2016 / 2:39 am

Thanks so much! I've added the link. I always forget to check The Bay.

June 20, 2016 / 1:33 am

Were any of those leggings sheer on you tho?? All the alo yoga and beyond yoga have been beyond sheer on me >:(

• Lulumum
      June 20, 2016 / 1:34 am

The printed alo leggings with the half sock leg are sheer on me. Very sheer. These glossy black ones where not.

9. July 14, 2016 / 8:17 am

Wow, all these workout clothes looks so nice. Thanks a ton for sharing such lovely photos. I like the last pair a lot. I also bought workout leggings and tank top from a leading workout clothing store at great discount. I found versatile collection for all age groups there.