Thanks to Lululemon’s twitter shade throw down with Beyonce regarding her new athletic line called Ivy Park, I’ve been made aware that Beyonce has a new athletic line called Ivy Park. Haha! I would never have known about her new line otherwise so I think Bae will probably say ‘Thank you! No hard feelings’.

Here are the tweets if you weren’t up to speed on them.

On to the actual line. It’s very minimal and Adidas esque which I’m quite drawn to lately. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I’ve been really gravitating to blacks and greys and high contrast items lately in most of my Lululemon purchases and I’ve also been interested in a lot of the new Nike and Adidas Original pieces I’m seeing. For some reason, the more basic and none fashiony the pieces are, the more fashionable they are and more street versatile. Just Do It tanks with skinny jeans and high heels looks a lot more edgy than a Lighten Up Tank (or whatever feminine tank) worn with the same combination of street wear. My closet is quite saturated with functional technical pieces so when I shop these days I’m looking for things that integrate well outside of the gym. Since Nordstrom will be carrying this line I definitely plan on trying it out. What do you guys think of the Lululemon vs. Beyonce Shade? Do you like what you’re seeing so far from Ivy Park?

You can definitely see the Adidas inspiration here. These look just like the Adidas Superstar Slides. Did you know Adidas makes these slides in an all back Faux Pony hair? I’m after those.

April 1, 2016 / 3:30 am

From what i've seen above and in the video, I don't see the Lululemon comparisons, so I'm not sure what Lulu's social media person was thinking. The beyonce stuff looks similar to Nike vintage and some adidas pieces. I think the Twitter back and forth was idiotic and only served to bring attention to Beyonce's line.

April 1, 2016 / 5:34 am

I don't see the comparisons either… not at all…

April 1, 2016 / 6:49 pm

This is most definitely NOT Lulu-esque. I love the pic with the kiddo, though! I'll now have to check out the brand!!! LOL

Lulu has done B a huge favor! Looks more gym bada$$ than Lulu.

April 1, 2016 / 5:33 am

Nope! Don't like what I'm seeing so far.

3. Lynn
    April 1, 2016 / 7:02 am

Other then putting her branding "ivy park" on everything, not seeing anything design-wise I haven't seen somewhere before. I love me some Queen B, but unless the fabric is amazing, not sure there is direct competition. Just a weird twitter convo.

April 1, 2016 / 8:13 am

I won't wear anything with massive logos. Looks ugly.

April 1, 2016 / 6:50 pm

That's why the VSX line is icky to me.

April 1, 2016 / 10:08 pm

Agreed – logos, especially massive ones, have always been a turn off to me. Although I can deal with it, I don't even like the little reflective lulu symbol.

April 1, 2016 / 8:17 am

Available at Topshop. Says it all, really.

April 1, 2016 / 10:59 am

Agreed, doesn't look anything like Lululemon. Just a bunch of ivy park logos.

April 1, 2016 / 6:52 pm

I don't even like Lulu logos on the calf! Much less big bold HELLO all over the place. I know my Lulu. I don't need the logo to tell people it's Lulu. If they know Lulu, they know.

April 1, 2016 / 10:14 pm

Exactly! I don't even like the little lulu logos! I deal with it but would prefer no logos at all. I'm always stunned at how many people are upset when they buy crops or pants with the logo on the waistband instead of the calf saying that if they're paying that much for lulu then they want it to show – stuns me every time! Personally I find it embarrassing wearing visible logos. Seems too status symbol like which is huge turn off to me.

April 2, 2016 / 1:07 am

Such a huge turnoff and so embarrassing then why are you buying it

April 2, 2016 / 6:27 am

Anon 6:07 PM – if you really want to know why I buy it, and not just being snarky, it's because I have a hard time getting clothes that fit me properly and lulu happens to fit me properly.

April 4, 2016 / 4:32 am

anon 3:14 PM here, sorry if what I said sounded rude, it wasn't meant to be, it's just that I do wear a lot of lulu and it is kind of embarrassing to have all the little reflective logos head to toe. I'd rather not flaunt it, if that makes sense. Along with loving the way lulu fits me, I think it goes without saying but have to add, that obviously I do love lulu, or else I wouldn't be buying it or be checking Lululmum's wonderful blog! Didn't mean for my comment to sound rude.

April 1, 2016 / 11:42 am

None of the above is even remotely interesting to me. I hate logos all over my clothing–streetwear or workout wear. Yeah that was a stupid Twitter convo to start because that stuff would never have made my radar otherwise. Of course I suspect 40 is not Ivy Park's target age. I know it's not lulu's either. The difference is a 40 yo in lulu feels and looks younger. A 40 yo in Ivy Park splashed all over their clothing looks silly and and makes everyone else think you're trying too hard to be young. Don't get me wrong, I'm still attracted to a lot of "younger" looking fashions/styles, but I have a teenage daughter and when she and I are attempting the same look, it looks age-appropriate on her and less-so on me. Just my opinion though.

April 1, 2016 / 6:53 pm

Too true! I have a toddler girl and dread the day that I have to relinquish my Lulu. For now I get her Ivivva. šŸ˜‰

April 1, 2016 / 8:41 pm

I've told my 8 yr old daughter she can share my clothes once they fit her… Hopefully when that time comes, that idea will not be appealing to her anymore! šŸ™‚

8. April 1, 2016 / 11:54 am

meh – reminds me of PINK line by Victoria Secret.

April 1, 2016 / 1:28 pm

Absolutely nothing innovative or interesting about the new line at all. A hoodie that has huge branding on the front? No thanks. I think it will ONLY sell because BeyoncƩ is associated with it. The whole twitter back and forth was ridiculous. BeyoncƩ is not the end all.

April 1, 2016 / 1:31 pm

I really don't like any of it either…can't stand those huge logos. I just can't imagine wearing any of it to work out in. Disclaimer: I am older than age 40, and probably not part of their customer base anyway.

11. April 1, 2016 / 1:50 pm

I dont see anything flattering at all. Adidias and Nike designs have much better lines…and lulu is always creative.

12. April 1, 2016 / 1:51 pm

April 1, 2016 / 2:41 pm

I see 'ego' all over that gear. I love when celebrities try to market athletic gear when they cannot even comprehend a work out of any sort. She should stick to what she is good at instead of trying to pretend.

April 2, 2016 / 1:42 pm

So agree. It annoys me when celebrities try to move into other areas they know nothing about. Leave some space for designers who truly know and love their craft.

April 1, 2016 / 3:22 pm

Ugly. Too much branding.

15. April 1, 2016 / 4:20 pm

I like basic stuff, gray and black, minimal color use. I like contrast panels or stripes, but not logos. I think if it was tone on tone it would have looked more tasteful. Looks so Nike to me. I'm curious what their pricing will be like

16. April 1, 2016 / 4:45 pm

Don't care for it,hate Big logos. Lulu's tweets sounded ok. Looks more like armour all.

17. April 1, 2016 / 4:48 pm

I wonder if the Lululemon social media rep got a talking to today. That interaction was ridiculously childish and pointless.

18. April 1, 2016 / 4:53 pm

MEH….i would never compare this collection to Lulu.

19. April 1, 2016 / 5:51 pm

I am not a fan, so that doesn't influence my opinion of her line. That said, it's super boring and looks pretty 90's/throw back/retro but not with a fun new spin on it.

20. April 1, 2016 / 8:27 pm

Closer to the Gym shark line. But even Gym Shark is cuter. šŸ˜€

April 1, 2016 / 10:47 pm

It looks like it's meant for a younger audience (i.e. not the majority of the people who participate in this blog)

April 2, 2016 / 1:05 am

Whateve.

April 2, 2016 / 1:10 am

C'mon people, publicity stunt…err, agreement for both Beyonce and LLL.

April 2, 2016 / 1:40 pm

It's really cheesy looking IMO.