So my order that I placed on Thursday at 6:30am is still in lulu limbo and processing even though I paid by gift card and now all sizes are sold out on the website. I decided to head out to my local lulu to see if I could snag one just in case my order gets cancelled and thankfully they did have them in for me to try on. I’m a bit on the fence with this one. I really like it in a lot of the photos I’ve seen, and I love the cozy factor of this but one thing about the fit is bugging me. The neckline, it’s huge and narrow and really bulky so it doesn’t sit properly on my neck. It sits like this all bunched up or it gets folded down and looks odd. I think what would have made the neckline a prettier cowl neck would have been a much wider neck opening, less bulk in the fabric and maybe less height. Or maybe even if it tapered to a wider base it would have sat better. I really love slouchy cowl necks so it’s not that I have a problem with the idea of the design, it just doesn’t work on me.  The fit overall is TTS for a slouchy look. I went with the 10 and although I could have done the 8 it would have hugged me in certain areas and lost the cozy slouchyness which I think this sweater needs. So what to do? Keep a sweater that I’ll love using while at home watching a movie..maybe to and from Crossfit but probably not worn casually otherwise. I think if this came in some other colors like Pink or Persian Purple I’d be more inclined towards keeping it but neutrals don’t really sway me unless the fit and design is totally spot on.

October 28, 2011 / 9:38 pm

I really don't like it at all! I wanted to, but I don't! Its way too heavy to wear around the house the only time I would wear it is if I was in a hockey rink, but even then it would be too bulky to wear under a coat! And, the fleece looks cheap and like it will pill quickly!

October 28, 2011 / 10:46 pm

funny, I did not like this at all when it came out but tried it today and fell in love. I don't find the fleece cheap AT ALL, I find my fleece one from last year feels cheaper than this one!
    And normally I do not like the big collars (ie I hate the Cuddle Up) but this one does not bother me at all, it is nice and cozy without being restrictive…you can also roll it down like a turtleneck…I have items hanging in my closet that I bought months/years ago. I had to have them, but have not yet taken off the tags (embarrassing). It has been a long time since I tried something on and fell in love with it right away, and I will be ripping the tags off and wearing this to the pumkin patch tomorrow!

October 28, 2011 / 11:05 pm

HI Lulumum,

If you will not wear it, then you should consider returning it. It will only be a waist of money that you could have put towards something else…. I find the cut fits you nicely but you are right… the collar is way too bulky for some reason. It looks a bit odd. I hope that helps. šŸ™‚ Wonderful blog by BTW ! šŸ™‚

October 28, 2011 / 11:06 pm

So heavy it was falling off the hanger! More outdoors than in I think. I love last years pink fleece that i have a bit better. Both have different uses. Can you imagine if it came out I red??? How great would that be?

October 28, 2011 / 11:25 pm

I have to say, I just haven't loved it in ANY pictures I've seen on anyone, including the Lulu lady. The neck is just too awkward. It might be cozy, but things can be cozy AND attractive(like all my Lulu wraps)! Tania

October 29, 2011 / 12:32 am

Such great info.! Thanks! I was finally able to order mind today since it sold out yesterday on the US site. Guess they restocked. I am actually hoping I don't like it now (once I get it) so I can save some $$$. Since I love the cuddle up so much, I'm hoping I'll love this too. Thanks for the info. It really helps us online exclusive shoppers.

October 29, 2011 / 1:56 am

i tried it on tonight at west edmonton mall and it was too big and the smallest size was 4! oh well…i walked out with a cuddle up in bs instead! šŸ™‚ even if they made it in a size 2 i don't think i'd buy it as i would never be able to wear it in the summer on a cool night. it's too thick for me šŸ™

October 29, 2011 / 3:57 pm

I don't know what is going on with the neckline of yours…but mine does not lay like that at all. Mine lays down nice and flat and does not ride up high like that…

9. Lulumum
    October 29, 2011 / 11:26 pm

Anon 8:57, I know, it seems off on my frame. I tried it on again today and got my husbands opinion and he thought the neck was too bulky on me. I think maybe my shoulders are narrow? I don't think my neck is particllarily short.

October 30, 2011 / 7:11 am

Lulumum, me too I ordered the Don't Worry Be Happy on Thursday around 6:40 am. I received an order confirmation, and it is still processing since then…

October 30, 2011 / 6:30 pm

I think the top looks quite 'standard' – not worth $100. But the colour is great on you – maybe consider putting the money towards a ghost coloured knit sweater from another store šŸ™‚

12. Danielle
    December 31, 2017 / 9:35 am

ISO a 10 in black or grey !!!!

Belted Cashmere Kimono HALOGENĀ®