I received my Modern V neck T today that I had ordered on Thursdays upload and instead of getting the light grey one I ordered I received the Oatmeal colored one. Although I do love that one, I have it already.
I ‘d read someone else complaining about this issue on facebook yesterday and wondered if I would get the correct one. The issue was in the tagging of the T and not so much a website issue. If this happens to you I think Lulu does take care of that if your away from a store including the shipping. I happen to be fortunately (or un according to Mr. Husband) up the street from Coquitlam Centre so decided to pop in and see if they had any Lolo Purple Scuba hoodies and return my Modern V. I’m not looking to buy the Scuba but wanted to see the color non the less. I didn’t see any there but there was a girl trying on the hoodie in Alarm and the ribbing looked super flattering on her. I’ve read that the ribbing makes this a tighter fit than the regular remix and that you should size up but I was having some hot flash issues at the moment and couldn’t bring myself to try one on myself for you. My issues with the regular Remix is that it’s a very boxy fit and it’s shorter in length. It’s a cult classic here in Vancouver so I own a few but the weather is much too mild for me to get much use out of them. I much prefer the look of this fit than I do  the Remix, but dare I say that I don’t much care for the grey on it? It’s true, I don’t. I know everyone seems to love it but I wish this was just a remix with ribbing on the side and the longer length and either one color or multi colored without grey.

Other than that there was not much new at Coquitlam. Noteworthy though was that they had moved a whole lotta stuff out of the way. The store was looking mighty empty and at least 3 or 4 displays were gone. I think they must be expecting a large shipment any day now and I can’t wait to get my hot little hands on some new running stuff. I have all of my comfort clothes I need and now it’s time for business attire – running clothes, so that I can turn my 6km runs into 10km runs.

*Facebook verdict on the new Scuba hoodie fit seems to be: Stay true to size unless you have a larger bust and broader shoulders. This is a form fitting hoodie so If you go up one size it wills still be form fitting much like the WWA. I sized up on my WWA and even after loosing weight it’s still form fitting on me.

July 20, 2010 / 2:30 am

i'm with you on the colour blocking they've done, not a fan. hopefully some solids (oasis, branch, lolo purple and charcoal grey) and all-over prints (other than the one beige print in the sneak peek) come out soon! i love that they've updated the remix hoodies, but it is a little too hot to be thinking of buying one right now.

July 20, 2010 / 8:49 am

I also ordered the grey modern remix on thurs and recieved the oatmeal color one. The tags are correct light sport grey is the oatmeal one and heathered ash is the grey one but the website was wrong. I got two emails to say they have corrected but still nothing yet. Never had this happen before but the naming of the shirts is the problem…the oatmeal shud be the ash and the grey shud be…well…grey:) oh well, still excited about the new remix…but is it now called the scuba jacket?? Love your blog, very informative!!

3. Becky
    July 20, 2010 / 12:01 pm

This color combo on the scuba does nothing for me. Also, if the ribbing makes this a tighter fit, I will pass. I am not a fan of having my hoodies fit tight. I like a looser fit in my Remixes. I don't see a scuba hoodie in my future.

July 20, 2010 / 12:25 pm

I am also not a fan of the gray color blocking-looks too baseball uniform-ish to me.

5. Kim
    July 20, 2010 / 12:49 pm

youre so very lucky to live near a good lulu. i work in philadelphia and the lulu there is great for basics but they dont always get every single hot new item so i do a lot of online ordering (and returning). i went to nyc recently and even with 4 lulus in manhattan, i noticed each store gets a slightly different shipment. sometimes it can be very frustrating. the GEC is a huge help but even they are out of items sometimes. anyway, thank again for your blog because it really helps me decide which items to buy because your fit reviews are awesome!

6. Lulumum
    July 20, 2010 / 2:24 pm

Thank you so much Kim! It's the same out here as far as inventory levels at stores. Each stores get a slightly different shipment as well but luckily any given Lulu store is only half an hour away. I'm very lucky in that the coquitlam store seems to get bigger shipments and range of sizes so I can usually find what I'm looking for. Somehow I still manage to place online orders and GEC orders though.

At least you can do returns at your local store and you don't have to hassle with shipping back.