These are the new Mindful shorts that look a lot like the Tencel shorts (Tencel Hot Short?) that were just out a few weeks ago except with a much higher waist.  I tried on the Tencel ones last week because they were on sale and I was needing shorts and although they were too short for me they were not too bad. Good for Bikrams and if they hadn’t been so scandalously short they would be a  nice casual non-sporty short.
Pockets and pleats…and made of Luon, not Tencil.

Tencel Hot Short

Mindful Short

July 14, 2010 / 8:15 pm

I've never tried either pair on but I don't feel like I need pleats on my thighs adding volume. I would love some hot yoga clothes aimed at those who are a little bigger or aren't comfortable revealing quite so much but still want to stay cool.
    I actually find organic wunder unders work well because they breathe and are a bit grippy for balance poses (like tree pose).

2. Vicki
    July 14, 2010 / 8:45 pm

I tried the tencel ones on a few times and coundnt get them to fit right. The liner kept showing lines on my bum and the size up was way too loose. I really wanted them to work but to no avail.

July 14, 2010 / 11:06 pm

Is she wearing the Oasis CRB?

July 15, 2010 / 2:59 am

liking the high waist of the mindful shorts, keeps the tummy in, and after 2 kids I still need that extra lil tuck :)can't wait to give them a try, almost looks like u could dress them up with a nice dresser tank?

5. Lulumum
    July 14, 2010 / 8:23 pm

I agree. I actually had forgotten how hard it was to maintain tree pose with shorts on. I always wore my crops for that reason.
    As far as the pleats go I have very muscular legs so tend to feel the same about pleats. When I tried them on though the pleats were not the problem the problem was the pleats+the length. If they had been, say, just above mid thigh I may have gotten them for $20 but not for any more than that. At that price they can be worn to bed too.

6. Lulumum
    July 14, 2010 / 9:22 pm

I don't remember the liner but I do remember that these were so tiny on me that they looked like I was wearing underwear. I have a lot of butt to fill up the fabric so it was unfortunate.

July 15, 2010 / 4:25 am

what's nice about these shorts vs the tencel ones is that they're made of luon so they'll be stretchy. saw them today but wasn't crazy about the pleats.

8. Lulumum
    July 14, 2010 / 11:08 pm

Yes, I saw that CRB at Coquitlam yesterday and it is very pretty. I'm sure those will be online tomorrow.

9. Lulumum
    July 15, 2010 / 3:53 am

That's what I was thinking too about a nicer tank. I like that it has pockets and I really hope these are a bit longer. I would give them a chance if they made them a bit longer. One of those things that you have to try to really know how it's going to look on.

My Still shorts cover my mummy tummy pretty well.

10. Lulumum
    July 15, 2010 / 4:26 am

Oh interesting, thanks! I hadn't realized that these were Luon.